collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is the Mail really slow in the US right now  (Read 1505 times)

Offline sweetlittlejenny

• Trade Count: (+99)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is the Mail really slow in the US right now
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2013, 04:28:44 PM »
Also, I ordered something and the expected delivery date was the 9th. It did not arrive on the 9th and the expected date was never changed although I didn't get my item until the 12th or 13th.
So I'd say right now, don't put too much weight on what the tracking info says. :/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click banner for my customs gallery.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2013, 09:21:38 PM »
:nod:  I've heard of other people who have expected delivery dates that keep on changing * sigh*  I suppose big holiday + extra mail+ rubbish weather = s-l-o-w delivery - but its still a pain  :(  .  I think its pretty hit and miss depending on where you live, and the tracking updates have been hit and miss for a while too - but its usually slower at this time of year anyways

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2013, 09:32:53 PM »
A couple weeks ago I sent something 2 Day Priority.

It took 6 days to get there!

I'd hate to see how long it would have taken had I sent it first class.

The name "2 day priority" is incredibly deceptive! In the terms for the service, a much longer window of time is stated. It's only two days if you're lucky. :(

Offline blondee1982

• Trade Count: (+52)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2013, 01:16:55 AM »
 Have been waiting 8 days now for a 2 day Priority Mail package :( all of my mail is way behind.....Fed Ex and UPS are rockin it though and even delivering early

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2013, 06:13:00 AM »
I checked with the post office today and they said the tracking info on the website is wrong. When they ran the tracking at the post office it showed the package had left my city and was on its way to its destination. They said it might already be there but they wouldn't know until the scanners came back from the city where it's headed. They made me feel a lot better though.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2013, 02:17:37 PM »
Welcome to the holidays, where you pay for expedited shipping and the scanning doesn't matter!

Someone just won an auction from me today and wants it by Christmas, three days from now.  Any other month of the year, it might happen, but not this one, and not this close to the holiday.  Ebay estimates it coming after Christmas anyway. I'm also fighting a cold so there's little chance of this happening.

Post Merge: December 22, 2013, 02:19:09 PM

The name "2 day priority" is incredibly deceptive! In the terms for the service, a much longer window of time is stated. It's only two days if you're lucky. :(

I'd honestly give the post office a break here. You can imagine they are probably understaffed and overwhelmed right now. Lines were out the door right after Thanksgiving by my job, I can imagine it was the same all over.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 02:19:09 PM by babylofty »
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

Offline sweetlittlejenny

• Trade Count: (+99)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2013, 07:11:35 PM »
Welcome to the holidays, where you pay for expedited shipping and the scanning doesn't matter!

Someone just won an auction from me today and wants it by Christmas, three days from now.  Any other month of the year, it might happen, but not this one, and not this close to the holiday.  Ebay estimates it coming after Christmas anyway. I'm also fighting a cold so there's little chance of this happening.

Post Merge: December 22, 2013, 02:19:09 PM

I'd honestly give the post office a break here. You can imagine they are probably understaffed and overwhelmed right now. Lines were out the door right after Thanksgiving by my job, I can imagine it was the same all over.

I might give them a break if all mail seemed slow. But I was sending first class mail at the same time that was getting to its destination as fast or faster than my 2-day priority. If I'd known that'd be the case I wouldn't have paid for 2-day.
I know they're busy but .....

Click banner for my customs gallery.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2013, 01:48:45 AM »
I went to the Post Office again this morning to have them track the package. After being told on Friday that it would probably be delivered Friday or Saturday today I was told that the package is on it's way to its destination and there's no way to make it get there any faster. It wouldn't be so bad but I wanted it sent Priority Mail so it would get there in time for Christmas and a week later it still hasn't arrived. :(  I'm hoping it will get there eventually.  The Post Office employee did tell me they are way behind due to the recent ice storms though.

Ponyfan

Offline blondee1982

• Trade Count: (+52)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2013, 03:40:16 AM »
They have definitely been behind in some places, it took me 11 days to receive a 2 day Priority mail package ....Thank goodness I bought it so early or my Mom would be gift-less this year. I have also been warning my ebay customers of the very lengthy delivery times so I don't get star dinged...well at least I am trying to avoid that, some will still ding me just because they are mad at the post office :/ So unfair but leave it to ebay to give us such a wonderful and truthful rating system for our buyers to abuse lol.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2013, 03:47:17 AM »
I am now hoping that the mail is just slow-  my sister sent me a present by 2 day priority that should have arrived on Friday or Sat.  She sent it to our house address unfortunately.  So it either is late, or was stolen from our front step when we were out shopping on Sat.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2013, 12:27:20 PM »
Galactica, I hope your package arrives soon and that no one took it from your porch. 

The package I sent finally reached the right state earlier today. It's about 20 miles from where it needs to be. I'm really hoping it gets where it's supposed to be tomorrow. I'm still not too happy about how long it's taking to get there.   I don't feel like I got Priority Service in this case. I know I can't get a refund and as long as the item gets there I'll  be happy but if the package wasn't going to get there last week I think the post office should have said that. I know they can't predict ice storms and bad weather and they have a lot of packages to deliver at this time of the year, but still why pay more for your package to get there faster if it doesn't?

Ponyfan

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2013, 01:20:00 AM »
My parents have been dealing with all sorts of flack from their ebay buyers about things not getting there 'on time.' One lady opened a case against them of item not received because it took longer than the 2 days she thought it would. Even when it arrived the next day she still wanted a refund because it 'took too long!' As if its their fault the post office is slow...

Holiday slowdowns are pretty normal. It's unfortunate, but expected. With the high volume combined with bad weather, I'm not holding it against them. The postal service are not miracle workers.

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2013, 02:57:09 AM »
Yup!  I ordered something on the 17th, 2nd day Priority, and it's still not here yet!

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2013, 06:25:50 AM »
UPS and FedEx faced parcel volumes that far exceeded their expectations:

Article about it here!

I expect that USPS saw the same! I haven't seen anything in the way of a statement from them on the matter, however.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2013, 10:46:39 AM »
My parents have been dealing with all sorts of flack from their ebay buyers about things not getting there 'on time.' One lady opened a case against them of item not received because it took longer than the 2 days she thought it would. Even when it arrived the next day she still wanted a refund because it 'took too long!' As if its their fault the post office is slow...

she wanted a refund due to the post being 1 day late during the xmas rush??!!  :facepalm:  oh the joys of ebay at xmas....  :throw:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal