collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies "changed" by time - Thoughts? G1 discussion  (Read 2243 times)

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies "changed" by time - Thoughts? G1 discussion
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2013, 12:09:44 AM »
What do you guys think of these "changed" ponies?
I think they are My Little Ponies and will be My Little Ponies until such a time that they degrade into something not resembling a My Little Pony. Change is inevitable and everything degrades every second of the day. We can slow it down and preserve things longer with the right technology and conditions (as far as I know no one is doing this with ponies though), but even those mint G1s out there will eventually not be so minty one day. Time and change will catch up to all ponies (like it does everything else) and they are always welcome in my herd.

Do you keep them? Do you have any in your collection?
 Like I said, they are always welcome in my herd. I love ponies no matter how much they have "changed", different or damaged they are!!! :D
I do not think I have any true "variants" but they are welcome in my heard too. *hoards ponies*

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2013, 02:42:02 AM »
I'm a keeper of damaged ponies ha! I have several CPs given to me by Daffydilly that need tlc, so far all they've had is a cuddle, i haven't got round to rehairing them yet, my fiance is eagerly awaiting the chance to dehair them and produce many bald ponies. Maybe he can do that tomorrow while i attempt to finish the paintwork on a custom  :biggrin:

I like ponies with a little difference to them, I have a large Peachy army and lots of them have slight differences in their symbols.

Now would you class an Italian as a variant of a regular pony? If so then I like my little Italian variants because of the eye difference  :biggrin: Would my flat foot cps be classed as variants?
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2013, 02:54:13 AM »
Now would you class an Italian as a variant of a regular pony? If so then I like my little Italian variants because of the eye difference  :biggrin: Would my flat foot cps be classed as variants?

Technically Italian versions of Hong Kong/China release ponies are variants (if you said 'Italian variant' everyone would know what you mean and I doubt you'd be corrected) but they're usually just called Nirvanas.

Flat foot CPs are a different release rather than a variant :)

I'm so pleased you guys mentioned opaque Star Hopper because I thought she was a true variant and her colouring was "natural" rather than it being caused by degradation. I'll be removing her from my want list. If I ended up with her by accident I would keep her but I won't be seeking her out. I have a "White Windy" that I got in an eBay lot and I've kept her just because she really does look white and has gorgeous blue symbols. I know she's just faded but kept her because she's pretty :biggrin: I also have a Princess Primrose who has sea green hair which I also think is discolouration but I like her with that colour so I've kept her too :)

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2013, 10:30:39 AM »
Thanks  :biggrin: I thought the Italians would be variants though I do know they are mostly referred to as nirvanas.

And thanks for clearing up the flat foots  :biggrin: I wasn't sure about them.

my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2013, 11:48:36 PM »
Well, I guess I would have generally kept changed ponies in the herd until an upgrade could be located. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal