collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are your Holiday traditions?  (Read 455 times)

Offline iluvponiez

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What are your Holiday traditions?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2013, 08:52:25 AM »
I celebrate Xmas in a way that's purely secular with my sisterfriend by going to her house. We eat Chinese takeout and watch movies and play vidyagaemz.

I'm Heathen and I do celebrate Yule though.

I come from a heavily German community though and I no longer live there. I always wanted to be the Christmas Krampus, ahah.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2013, 08:25:09 PM »
My immediate family is all Atheist, extended family are mostly Christian but it doesn't matter to any of us. Christmas for us is about family coming together and sharing. Our tradition is to stay up on Christmas Eve and open the gifts at midnight, which is what we're all currently doing. It's almost 9:30 and the dog is the first to succumb to heat induced slumber, I'm feeling like I might need a nap too but we'll be pulling a puzzle out soon, fun times haha! :P
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2013, 10:58:40 PM »
I'm Wiccan but was raised that and Christian. Several traditions my Mom started that fit for both. Writing a "hint" about what a persons gift is, on the gift tag or card. Cooking lots of good food or having plenty of snacks on hand. Watching a holiday movie.
Adding a new ornament to the collection each year.

Growing up Christmas was usually just myself and my parents plus my godparents. My Dad always wanted a big to do. Food, tree, etc. My Mom and I much preferred small and less prep.

Am in the process of establishing my own traditions.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2013, 02:12:18 AM »
When I go to my grandparents house for Christmas, my dad and I bring an alcohol stash in the back room where we add a little to the holiday cheer since it's a stressful holiday.  Then my aunt and I will sneak out of the house to bum around the local cemetery while she has a secret smoke and we giggle at the weird names on headstones.  We also visit my uncle's tombstone and reminisce a little about family members who have moved on.  We tend to retell stories of hilarious and horrible things they'd done that stand out in our memory. It's a scooch morbid but we're all rather sassy so it's a very fun and warm thing if a little sad.   
Oh and dominoes but there's always dominoes to be played when I visit the grandparents. <3
Now that I live farther away, my mom started holding a separate christmas celebration for just her kids and grandbabies.  I tend to make it to that one more than grandma's.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 02:14:44 AM by elvenwine26 »
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal