collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: how did you pick your username  (Read 2506 times)

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: how did you pick your username
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2013, 11:59:27 PM »
I like fantasy things and i guess wine sounded cool and no one else was using it.  My birthday falls on the 26.  Ironically I don't care much for wine, but I've been using this internet handle since 1999.
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2013, 02:25:53 AM »
Griffin is an alias I started to use in mail art in the early 2000s. I played Magic the Gathering and thought griffins/gryphons were cool. :D Well, they are! Even though I was always more of a unicorn girl. Nevertheless, the name stuck and it remains my preferred username on the internet too.

Haawan is my alternative choice whenever "griffin" is already taken. That, too, dates back to when I was a teenager, it's a silly wordplay me and my friend came up with. It's the name of my elvish alter ego / parody character. :P     
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2013, 10:27:07 AM »
Sky Rocket was one of my favorite childhood ponies. He was a hand me down from one of my older girl cousins. Hey hand me downs can rock some times. :)

Sammie is a play on my name.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2013, 11:37:04 AM »
Sky Rocket was one of my favorite childhood ponies. He was a hand me down from one of my older girl cousins. Hey hand me downs can rock some times. :)

And in your case, this hand-me-down didn't just rock, it rocketed^.^

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline SaelaVe

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2013, 05:00:06 PM »
Haawan is my alternative choice whenever "griffin" is already taken. That, too, dates back to when I was a teenager, it's a silly wordplay me and my friend came up with. It's the name of my elvish alter ego / parody character. :P     

OMG I never put it together that you were Haawan! *facepalm* I feel so stupid now. I mean, it's right under your avvie for cryin'-out-loud! lol
"I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style."

:rainbow: Instagram :rainbow:

High Flutter

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2013, 09:58:53 PM »
First of all, I have a fond memory of Flutter Ponies from the My Little Pony movie I watched with my sisters.

With that said, I was reading a G4 fan fiction one night (there's no such thing as Flutter ponies in G4 canon) and Twilight Sparkle was doing research on some old mythology and obscure language carvings she found.  According to the author, Twilight found cross-references between the language carvings and a long-forgotten, old pony dialect known as "High Flutter" which was last used by a presumed-extinct race/tribe of pony.

I thought the story was an interesting and plausible attempt to bring a reference to Flutter ponies into the G4 universe.

Not that I am hard bent on Flutter ponies (I'm not) but I liked the author's telling of how old G1 once existed (parts of it, at least) in the land of G4.

And I liked the name High Flutter - the native language of the secluded Flutter ponies.  I mean, they kept to themselves the best they could - is it surprising they developed their own dialect?

Phew!  Long winded explanation!

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2013, 07:10:07 AM »
OMG I never put it together that you were Haawan! *facepalm* I feel so stupid now. I mean, it's right under your avvie for cryin'-out-loud! lol

Hehe, don't worry, it happens! I know having many different usernames is a little confusing, that's why I added the text under my avi (it hasn't been there for too long so it's no wonder if you've missed it before!). I've also had banners advertising my custom site (with the text "Haawan pony customs" etc.) in my sig but I like to show off pretty adoptables most of the time. :)

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2013, 08:11:21 AM »

And in your case, this hand-me-down didn't just rock, it rocketed^.^

Well said. Yep. My reaction was "blue is my favorite color!". From there Sky Rocket started running a chop shop using my Hot Wheels. It was a good fit.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2013, 12:20:52 PM »
Well said. Yep. My reaction was "blue is my favorite color!". From there Sky Rocket started running a chop shop using my Hot Wheels. It was a good fit.
What are Sky Rocket's current prices for the following:

Custom Camaro: hood
Hare Splitter: roof rack
Rigor Motor: engine
Express Lane: right front turn blinker
Hot Seat: plunger
Super Tsunami: left front fender
Twang Thang: set of four 5 spokes
Sharkcruiser: teeth

I know an action figure who will pay top dollar for them. ;)
Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

TeddyAndTex

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2013, 09:01:25 PM »
Tex is my favorite Big Brother pony, Teddy is my favorite MLPT character and since this is a MLP forum it was apropriate. :)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 09:03:20 PM by TeddyAndTex »

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2013, 06:03:06 AM »
Mine came from a single incident I had when I was first on the internet.

When I got to college waaaaay back, I discovered this strange and wonderful thing called the internet.  I was one of the lucky ones.  I had my own computer, so my friends would come over to my room to mess around on the internet.  One night around Easter, we had been out to the local super market and purchased some marshmallow Peeps(a favorite candy of mine), and we went back to my place to eat them(and microwave them:p  It's fun!).  We were messing around and somebody thought we should look up Peeps online to see if there was anything fun we could do with them. 

Turns out Just Born, the maker of Peeps, did have an online presence even way back then.  This was just at the start of the internet getting big, so everybody was surprised to see a whole website just about Peeps.  They even had an ecard you could send to people, which we all thought was a great idea.  You  had to sign up and pick a user name to send a card.  I tried all my favorite names, and they all were taken.  I couldn't think of anything that I liked, so I tried "goddessofpeep".  It worked, and it stuck:p

Offline SaelaVe

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2013, 06:18:02 AM »
Mine came from a single incident I had when I was first on the internet.

When I got to college waaaaay back, I discovered this strange and wonderful thing called the internet.  I was one of the lucky ones.  I had my own computer, so my friends would come over to my room to mess around on the internet.  One night around Easter, we had been out to the local super market and purchased some marshmallow Peeps(a favorite candy of mine), and we went back to my place to eat them(and microwave them:p  It's fun!).  We were messing around and somebody thought we should look up Peeps online to see if there was anything fun we could do with them. 

Turns out Just Born, the maker of Peeps, did have an online presence even way back then.  This was just at the start of the internet getting big, so everybody was surprised to see a whole website just about Peeps.  They even had an ecard you could send to people, which we all thought was a great idea.  You  had to sign up and pick a user name to send a card.  I tried all my favorite names, and they all were taken.  I couldn't think of anything that I liked, so I tried "goddessofpeep".  It worked, and it stuck:p

lol That is such a cool origin story! I love it. ^_^
"I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style."

:rainbow: Instagram :rainbow:

CrystalJapan

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2013, 06:27:16 AM »
CrystalJapan was a late 70's/80's David Bowie instrumental, because I must always need to make sure people know I like him far too much.
That and it's the most "my little pony" sounding title of his! Even though that doesn't exactly sound the best... (;°ω°)
I used to go by "warszawa" on some other horse related things as well!

ElliesMidnightRaven

« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2013, 06:17:04 PM »
Ellie is my nickname (though it is used far more than my real name) and MidnightRaven came from multiple sites where I go as something similar to that, like Ravennite on a couple of games I used to play.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2013, 08:37:37 PM »
My original username T.L.Squiggle was a name I had used for years on the internet, it started as my writing name because my handwriting is so bad that the word 'the' looks like 'a T, an L, and a Squiggle'... but I don't really connect with it anymore and it wasn't very pony.

So I went with Tulips because I discovered a love for a certain pony ^.^ ... the flowers aren't my favourite though, roses are (my middle name lol).

:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal