collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does anyone here collect Moxie Teenz?  (Read 1066 times)

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Does anyone here collect Moxie Teenz?
« on: December 09, 2013, 08:30:01 AM »
I found one in a charity shop and I am totally in love! I will get a pic up in the morning, but just wondering if you collect them, could you show me yours? I know literally nothing about them!
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline iluvponiez

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone here collect Moxie Teenz?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 04:40:39 AM »
I have one! I'll try to take some photos. I consider them baby's first BJD (but not in a bad way) because of their scale and articulation. I don't think they actually make them anymore, though.

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 04:43:34 AM »
I do, I do! *jumps with hands up* ^^

in fact, they were the dolls who got me in to doll collecting*. I always adored BJDs, but knew I will never own one for that price. then one day in a second hand toy shop I came across a nude and bald doll who was very articulated (to my then dolly knowledge), had those lovely eyelashes and purple eyes - purple! here I was lost :P
this is how Tristen  came to live with me. I had much fun in fantasizing how I will make wigs and clothes for her, and I slowly found myself looking at other dolls in the line. I loved the detailed clothing and the fun variation possibilities with them being wigged. to me they were perfect "plan B" instead of BJDs.

*I still don't consider myself a doll collector, as there are only certain dolls I wanted and want, but, since the number of dolls in my house is already 2 digits I think I have to accept the fact that, yes, I do collect them. only selective XD

now I have 2 more girls: Mia (originally an Arizona) and Melrose. looking at her price, I am not even hoping to get Bijou, unless I stumble upon her in a second hand shop...
I'd also love to get Leigh, I wanted to do a redhead, green-eyed custom Tristen (I think) even before finding out Leigh exists, but I'd rather have her with bad hair, as I am planning to dehair her and make her a wigged doll too.

which doll did you get?

*runs off to gather some pictures of her dolls*

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline iluvponiez

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 05:03:29 AM »
I am not even hoping to get Bijou
Bijou is actually the only one I own!

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 07:10:52 AM »
*waits for pictures

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 04:00:34 PM »
I am not even hoping to get Bijou
Bijou is actually the only one I own!
oh, lucky you! which version of her do you have?

this thread made me realise I have way too few pics of my girls  :blush: and I don't even have a single one of Melrose yet :( this needs to be worked on...
I guess it's because the place I love to take dolly pics the most at is my husband's parents' house, and MTs are more difficult to just bring along than other dolls because of their sizes, when it comes to travelling for more days, a few hundred kilometres away, with already too much stuff to travel with.

I found a few pics of Tristen in my Photobucket album, so I'll start sharing with them. just like Cherry, I also hope some pics will come along soon! ^^
(sorry girl, my last two pics won't be new to you :( I remeber taking them for the dolly-clothing self-challenge)

Tristen in an afro wig I ordered for my future Bijou (sigh, I'm not giving up  ^.^ ). she got to wear it, because back then she didn't yet have a wig of her own:

and this was back when I didn't have a single wig yet. or clothes. I made her a pullover like one I also own :P

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 09:42:19 PM »
I do! I love them sooo much and they are the only playline dolls I own that resemble regular human beings. Everything else is just monsters, robots, fairy tales and aliens :P
Sadly they never came out in Germany, so I had to hunt for them like crazy and also pay more. It was worth it, though! I have Wave I Tristen (complete) and Wave I Melrose (in the swimsuit fashion pack + the pink/blonde wig).
I would do illegal things to aquire a complete WaveII Bijou... oh yes.

What surprised me when I had one first in hand was the size! My Teenz are my tallest dolls. The articulation and accessories are great and the eyes! Man, those eyes... I will never get why they were unpopular. IMHO, the Teenz are simply amazing playline dolls.

I will add photos as soon as I reunite with my two girls again XD

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 01:10:48 AM »
that matching pullover is so cute!

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 07:33:58 AM »
that matching pullover is so cute!
oh, thank you! ^^

Sadly they never came out in Germany
*hugs* I feel your pain, they were never available here either. I came across Tristen in a shop that sells second hand toys imported from the UK, and I'm pretty sure Mia is from the same shop (bought her in a dolly lot with local pickup, and the lady literally lives one corner away from the shop. back when I had the possibility to visit the shop more often it often happened that I saw the similar toys popping up for sale among her auctions what I saw in the shop the week before). and Melrose came from eBay UK.
I got Tristen's wave I stock and wig later from eBay (minus the bag), Melrose came complete, and I bought some fashion packs off eBay Germany and US.

I think one reason for them not being popular might be that even though the wig adds great variety, it is also more difficult to handle for children, and falls off easily (my experience is that Liv wigs stay on much better on MTs... I have yet to make wig caps for my dolls' original wigs, as they just never stay in place), which limits playability (I'm not sure there is such a word XD ). I can definitely see how a doll whose hair falls off all the time can be super annoying when you mainly use them to play with.

Offline Akemi-chan

• Matcha-flavored Teeny Tiny
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 02:13:40 PM »
They are beautiful dolls!  Fully articulated with acrylic eyes....it's too bad they were discontinued.  And I love the colors in that matching sweater Loona!  So cute! 

Here's a rather poor pic of my girls, lol  :P

I'm trying to find wigs for Melrose (who's borrowing a Yo-sd wig ATM) and Arizona.  I didn't really care for the wigs they came with (the plastic would show through  >_< ).  They fit 5-6 wigs (pukifee size), but BJD wigs can get really expensive so I'm waiting till I get desperate, hehe.

Have you fan-girled today, [you]?
*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2013, 05:13:49 AM »
I actually have a bunch of them and really like them but I don't have room for them anymore so I took them down off the shelf and will probably be selling my collection. :(
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2013, 06:22:18 AM »
Looking at Loona's lovely picture of Tristen in her stock outfit makes me really wish I'd just gone ahead and bought her when she was widely available. (Not to mention how much I ADORE that handmade purple sweater dress!)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2013, 09:54:51 AM »
I actually have a bunch of them and really like them but I don't have room for them anymore so I took them down off the shelf and will probably be selling my collection. :(

I hate to be that person, but if you have the second Bijou I'd be someone who could give her a good home (even though I'm truly sorry you are thinking about selling your MTs).

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2013, 08:04:15 PM »

I hate to be that person, but if you have the second Bijou I'd be someone who could give her a good home (even though I'm truly sorry you are thinking about selling your MTs).
*joins the queue, lol* :P
but my interest is the first Bijou, and Leigh. if you really decide to sell your dolls (which I would not recomment, even when I am speaking against myself here - they really are lovely!), I might be interested in these girls.

I was soooo waiting for the weekend to take pics of my girls, and now that it is finally here, we have the most awful, gloomy, dark weather, totally not optimal for pics   :cloud:

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2013, 08:23:23 AM »
Thanks for sharing pics!!!! These dolls are so so pretty! :lovey:

Ok so I literally grabbed a quick couple of pics before leaving the house (living between two houses right now so I will be a bit slow to respond lol)

I haven't sorted her hair out or anything yet so excuse her scruffiness.

I am definitely going to make her pretty this week....if I have a spare few minutes :yikes:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal