collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your Favourite Childhood Christmas/Holiday Stories  (Read 916 times)

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Your Favourite Childhood Christmas/Holiday Stories
« on: December 08, 2013, 10:25:42 PM »
Come on in, pull up a seat and share your favourite Holiday/Christmas stories from when you were a wee little tot ^.^

I'll go first, the book that this story is from was originally given to me by my grandparents, it was given away when I was little, and it wasn't until this year that I was finally able to not only remember the name of the book but also find a copy of it :) This book is filled with all kinds of short stories, songs, poetry and craft ideas. There was one short story in that book that was my absolute favourite above all of the others, so I thought I would share that with you all :)

The Little Angel with Silver Hair
Story taken from My Big Christmas Book – Hayden McAllister 1986

The little angel with silver hair was in trouble. She had been very naughty and now St. Peter had sent for her. “Come here, naughty one,” he said. “You don't seem to understand that everyone here in heaven has work to do, especially at Christmas Time. We all have to make someone on earth happy.” St. Peter frowned. “But you have been lazy and can no longer stay with us. So off you go – you must go down to earth and make someone happy. Until you do, you can't come back to heaven.”
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The very next moment the little angel found herself outside the gates of heaven. She wondered what to do. So down to earth she flew and found everything covered in soft white snow. The little angel felt very cold in her thin clothes. The first creature she met was a rabbit who said, “Good afternoon!” The little angel was just about to reply when there was the sound of sleighbells and patter of hooves. Seconds later, Santa Claus came into view.

When Santa Claus saw the little angel he stopped the sleigh and went over to speak to her. “What are you doing on earth?” he asked. The angel hung her head with shame and confessed that she had been naughty and lazy in heaven.
“Lazy, eh?” said Santa. “Then you can come and help me tonight. Hop on to my sleigh!” So saying, Santa tucked the little angel on to the sleigh and off they went. After they had traveled a while, Santa stopped and chose some nice green christmas trees.

Then he emptied out his sack, which contained christmas decorations, toys and tinsel. “Would you like to help me to decorate these bare christmas trees?” asked Santa.
“Oh, yes, I would,” replied the little angel with a smile.
“Jolly good,” said Santa. “As I am taller than you, I'll decorate the tops of the trees, and you can decorate their bases.”
So Santa and the little angel busied themselves tying the little presents and decorations to the branches of the christmas trees.

Soon all the toys and tinsel were used up. Santa went off to fetch some bigger presents and promised to collect the little angel on his return. Then the little angel saw that one small tree had no decorations. What could she do? Suddenly she had a marvellous idea! There were gold stars on her dress! She plucked them off and hung them on the branches. What else could she use? Oh! Strands of her beautiful silver hair! These she draped around the tree – and it looked really lovely when she had finished. Even the deer came to admire it!

When Santa Claus returned and saw what the little angel had done, he patted her on the head. “That was a very loving thought,” he said. “Now we must take all the trees to the nearest village, and perhaps you can find someone who would like to receive your christmas tree.” So, Santa and the little angel hopped aboard the sleigh and Santa drove it through the snow until the twinkling lights of the next village could be seen in the distance.

Santa drove the sleigh into the centre of the village and delivered all of his christmas presents there. The angel helped him in every way that she could, until at last the time came for her to deliver her christmas tree adorned with her beautiful silver hair and gold stars from her dress.
She carried the tree down the path towards a house where three good children lived. The children were helping their mother to wash the dishes as the angel tip-toed into the house and left the lovely tree, together with some gifts.

The angel left the house and flew around to the living room window, then she gazed inside. She saw the children come out of the kitchen and then sing and dance with delight as they saw the christmas tree. “Isn't it lovely!” they chorused together. “What kind of person could have brought it here for us to
share?” The angel smiled with joy and hurried back to join Santa Claus in the empty sleigh.

“Can I give you a lift anywhere?” asked Santa. “Yes, please,” replied the little angel. “Please take me to the woods where you first found me, then I'll fly back to heaven from there.”
“Right,” said Santa, shaking the reins of the sleigh. “And thank you very much for all of the help you've given me. I'll make sure St. Peter hears all about it.”
“Thank you and goodbye!” cried the little angel as she flew off into the night.

When the little angel got back to heaven, St. Peter was waiting at the door. “Now what have you been doing?” he asked. “Just look at your hair!' and where are your gold stars?”
When the little angel told him what had happened to her hair and the gold stars, St. Peter was very pleased. “Now you can come back into heaven!” he said.
He was so pleased with the little angel that he gave her some more gold stars and the older angels stitched them on to her robe.
And as far her silver hair... well, that will grow again!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Your Favourite Childhood Christmas/Holiday Stories
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 02:56:44 AM »
that's an adorable story :)

Ill have to think and see if I can put something up a bit later :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 11:53:09 PM »
Very cute story!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Lady_Manson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Black Veil Brides,Blood on The Dance Floor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 02:10:11 PM »
Night Before Christmas
A Christmas Carol I still love those two stories we read them to my Nieces and Nephews

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 11:16:32 PM »
That was a lovley story, very cute. I always read Dickens A Christmas Carol with start on the 24th. I've been doing that for years.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal