collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: what now? i dont like Mercado libre any more :/  (Read 603 times)

Offline yaizel

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://chikapaw.livejournal.com/
what now? i dont like Mercado libre any more :/
« on: December 08, 2013, 03:45:09 PM »
Im so done with that site, really, the listings are a mess, and once before the item never arrived, the seller disappeared and i loosed money :/
the only reason i buy fom this person is because she contacted me through a facebook groups where most people came from the arena.
how fool i was to trust it just because of that.
so my rant goes like this....

The thing goes like this, she offers me a pinkie pie and sends me a link of the listing on mercado libre.
there i see a picture of the styling pinkie pie (the one with the care) loose and for 350 (mexican pesos).
i ask "do you still have the big pinkie pie?"  she like -yes i do!-
and im like "how much shipping will be?"
and she is like " regular carriage would be free, but fedex is faster and safer will be 100mx, but ill leave it to 50mx"
i think that sounds good so i chose the fedex option, she tells me then the total will be 350
and i think - oh so the price i saw on the page included the shipping, good-
so i decide to go for it.
things got messy for me so i asked her if she could hold her for me, to be honest i did made her wait some time for the payment (more than a month), she was patient.
i paid the item, she shipped the pony and all seemed good.
but then the trouble started.

The pony i got was not the big pinkie, but the smaller one, the one of the purse, i told her about it she said that was the only pinkie with black mane in existence,  i show her photos of the bigger and the small one together so she could see she was wrong (she obviously took pics she found on the internet, not even double checked that they looked like the pony she had (the small one) ugh! she  didnt know anything about the ponies for sure)
she told me she would make a refund, but want me the pony sent first and the she will send the refund.
wasn't really happy with the idea, but she seemed to have good reputation as a seller on the page, so i started to consider it. she told me tho, that she didnt wanted me to send it through regular post service, that i should also use fedex,  and i was like "why? those are way to expensive"
ans she goes " well you can send it through the other regular carriage but im going to discount the shipping from your refund, so you will only be getting 230, cause i paid 150 to shipp it to you, the pony was 200"
( so she actually lied about leaving shipping for me of $50!  wt? what was the point?)
and she also mentions that will only happen (the refund) IF the pony arrives... and how do i know she is not going to lie about the pony not arriving if she has already lied before by posting photos of not her actual pony and the shipping?   and why will she make that discount into my refund? isnt that wrong? she is acting like she lost that money (the shipping), but im the one who send/ paid for  it on the first place!
ugh! what a mess, everything looks wrong
what do you say? it do sounds crazy im going to end loosing the money for shipping it back and then the so called reduction for not sending it through her desired postal service >_<
any advice?
should i report her?
i personally say avoid mercado libre as the plage unless the seller is someone that has reputation here on the arena. :/
the better pic of all artist is in the heart

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: what now? i dont like Mercado libre any more :/
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 09:24:23 PM »
That sounds very stressful for you! :(  I will read through it again for you and see what is best to do  :hug: (since I am not thinking too clearly at the moment. I have had a bad cold/ chest infection etc and been on meds for a few weeks! I am recovering now but its still taking me longer to think things through :blush:  ) 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 02:29:41 AM »
 :shocked: Wow, I just looked at a converter and 350 pesos is $27 USD! I can't believe she would sell a small Pinkie Pie for that!  :( I'm so sorry you are going through that.

It is entirely her fault, not yours. But I don't know if they will side with you if you dispute it. I don't know what to recommend, but good luck! :hug:
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 02:40:50 AM »
I am not familiar with Mercadolivre dispute rules- usually by the time an item has arrived from Brazil or wherever, it has been so long that the window has long passed anyway for me.  I will say that it sounds very likely the time for opening a dispute has probably passed if you waited 30 days to pay, but I don't know the rules for that site very well, so I don't really know.   

That said- it  stinks that you paid so much for the tiny black haired pinkie. The FS black-hair Pinkie (Pinkie's boutique) is only $24.99 USD at Target WITH the car (she doesn't come separate) so I wouldn't pay a lot more than that... 

I used to love Mercadolivre and Mercadolibre for getting items that are not available in the US, but now it seems that every single seller accepts Mercado-pago (or whatever the paypal thing is called there) and I can't even register for that without an address/credit card from So./Central America :( 
I hope that changes at some point...

Offline yaizel

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://chikapaw.livejournal.com/
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 03:49:21 AM »
Thanks girls for your support!
Ringlets i hope you have regained health and doing better!

Dragonflitter
Galactica
I know! Thats is a way to high ammount for such pony, and it clearly looks that the seller ist really a collector, when asked a regund she was angry ad she said it will be difficult to sell it back when  it hit stores in mexico ugh.
I thought it would be a good deal as shipping the big girl with the car from a us seller will go around 20 making 41 total or so , thought 27 just for the pony sounded good.

Mercado libre had became a terrible place for buying, no rules are respected, you cant contact directly  the seller unless you buy the item,  so its difficult to ask  questions,. They  mess item info, sometimes set listings for $1 so it will appear at top of search results but after reading the description you get a different item cost,  mercado pago aint that good. And many other stuff :/

And the case update, nothing could be done,  i ended with a $27  pony  only word  $8 on the market, lots of lost time  and  the disgusting experience of dealing with a  quite rude seller    >:/

Oh well.  I sippose i had it easy  having in mind what other collectors have gone through, but still, im so angry.
I cant even leave her negative feedback or some complain anywhere

Seller sometimes go around facebook group as "susana vara"
And  on mercado libre she is "suzie22_2000"
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 04:05:41 AM by yaizel »
the better pic of all artist is in the heart

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal