collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: DH Daq Ice color question  (Read 721 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
DH Daq Ice color question
« on: December 04, 2013, 07:02:40 AM »
This doesn't need to go in trader support because I'm not having any difficulties with Tina. She's been really good through this. Let me explain really quickly.

I haven't bought Dollyhair since around last Christmas when the big ordeal happened of hanks being a smaller amount. I was a bit put off by it and have went the whole year only rehairing in the colors I had already built up. I did make an order when Tina put up the Thanksgiving coupon code and decided to try again. Product got here quickly and my list was perfect ect.

The only thing I noticed was that my Daq Ice was a different shade than my old packet that I had used as a reference to make the order. The new color seems kind of greenish instead of the more icey color that I see on the site and in my package of hair.

When I talked to Tina she mentioned someone else had brought up the color difference. She was great though I talked to her on the phone and got replacements within a week. The only problem now is the replacements are the same color as the ones I originally got. I've texted Tina to try and kinda figure out what to do because obviously if the color is different I don't want to keep all the bags of hair she sent me that's my fault.

I've put a picture below for comparaissons sake, but I'm mainly just asking has anyone else noticed a change in the color? I don't think it's just my eyes. I have the original bag to the far right and the three bags I got when I first ordered to the left. I compared it to my mermaid and Lucky Clover and some other light blushish green colors and none seem to match it exactly (unless I'm wrong here). Anyway just seeing if anyone else has noticed the change?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: DH Daq Ice color question
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 07:21:54 AM »
Its definitely different than what you have, though the new bags looks like what I usually get - that could just be a lighting/monitor thing though. I only have old stock on hand so I cant add much.

I think occasionally colors vary from batch to batch - that's how some of the "mistake" colors (like unlucky clover) happen. It is a bit of a bummer though. It might be that this whole batch is like this and maybe a note needs to be made or it needs to be listed as a variant color.

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 07:32:05 AM »
Uh-oh, that's not good, especially since that seems like one of the more sought-after colors.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 07:42:07 AM »
When I ordered that color a few months back, I got the greenish variation... I was a bit confused, since I was expecting it to be more like the one you have on the far right, but I just shrugged it off as a color difference between the sample on the site and the monitor -- some of those colors can be really misleading.

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 08:02:01 AM »
I know what you mean sometimes the colors do not match my monitor, but I think my old Daq Ice matches the colors pretty well on the site. Maybe the next batch will fit better. Dang because I have a doll rehair and a pony and only one of the old pack. >_<

Formerly Maddie

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 08:43:40 AM »
I just grabbed out the hanks of daq ice that I had (1 from 6 months ago and the other from last month), they both appear to have the greenish tint to me. I just kinda assumed that's how they were supposed to look.

It's great to hear that Tina has been so easy to work with to try and get it taken care of.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 11:44:52 AM »
I don't have my old back of daq ice any more.. but I do have a pic of it still (sort of and it was way over a year or so old) and it looks lighter than any of the pics here! I think it leaned more towards the blue side but it's hard for me to tell now
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline sunnydaze

• Trade Count: (+99)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 11:51:35 AM »
Do you need more bags of the older stuff?  with the bluish tint?  I have a couple that I ordered I'm sure I could sell you one or two of them...

I've got two and a half bags of the blue tint stuff from a few yrs ago... pm me if you want them!

That's the daiquiri ice on top...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 02:19:02 PM by sunnydaze »

To see my customs and art click my deviantart gallery

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 01:22:16 PM »
Lol I guess I didn't realize the varying degrees of colors for these hanks since now that's a third color? I have no idea, but Sunny that would be great. I sent you a pm.

Formerly Maddie

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 04:57:30 PM »
Maddie...

I think it's her new assistant. It happened to me this last order wiht Old Bubblegum and Heart Throb. I messaged her and told her I had a photo and that I got a hank of Heart Throb labeled Heart Throb, and then a hank of Heart Throb labeled Old Bubblegum. She replaced it right away but mentioned something about her assistant grabbing a color that "looked like Old Bubblegum" - so I'm thinking that's the same culprit for your issue...? I dunno it might just be a weird dye job?
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 12:04:24 AM »
It sounds like the recipe has changed for the color ( a shame cause it's so lovely!).  That's my uneducated guess, as mentioned above, color recipes vary and sometimes they don't go back. 

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 04:48:04 AM »
Well to see how things go I'm buying Sunny's hair, and I will match those colors and take pictures beside the two versions I have. I also played phone tag with Tina a bit, but I'm sending in part of my old hank of Daq Ice to her. She's going to see if she can figure out if it's a mislabeled color or just a change in shade or what.

I will say originally when we first did the replacement hanks Tina thought it might be a color that was in a mislabeled bag, but when she sent me the replacements they are the same color as the original bags I received.  I'm not sure where this is going currently, but I guess after Tina has a look maybe she can decide what is what.  If I go by what everyone is saying just at some point the color has changed. After all, I bought my bag around Nov/Dec last year for a rehair that I ended up changing the colors with. I have not had any Daq Ice in here since then, so I guess there is no telling.  >_<

Formerly Maddie

Offline babyblueducky

• That's Quacktastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • That's quack-tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 01:15:55 PM »
i have some old daq ice and its the cool icy blue color. i guess the new batch got dyed a little too long.
is this new greener color more closer in shade to the mermaid color but slightly lighter?

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 02:47:17 PM »
I want to say yes. It's a bit closer in shade to mermaid but lighter. When I get the hair in from Sunny I'm going to post a picture with them compared side  by side with my other blue/green colors. I kinda have. Lot right now because I'm doing a MH rehair and couldn't decide which shades I wanted. I might have went on a buying spree. :lol:

Formerly Maddie

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2013, 08:37:20 AM »
They are both very pretty colors.  I have both.  I wish there was a way we could order and keep both on her site. :)

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal