collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Lauren Faust shows off her childhood ponies  (Read 3246 times)

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Lauren Faust shows off her childhood ponies
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2013, 06:05:29 AM »
Eee!  It's so cute she has them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2013, 07:34:44 AM »
Indefinitely? Why doesn't she sign them and sell them for charity or something, if they're just going to be in storage forever?

I wouldn't sell or donate things that were important to me even if I had to keep them in storage. Occasionally I like to take out my older baby toys and things that obviously I can't display or play with anymore and just look at them fondly and remember playing with them. I like having them around.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2013, 07:46:03 AM »
Indefinitely? Why doesn't she sign them and sell them for charity or something, if they're just going to be in storage forever?

I wouldn't sell or donate things that were important to me even if I had to keep them in storage. Occasionally I like to take out my older baby toys and things that obviously I can't display or play with anymore and just look at them fondly and remember playing with them. I like having them around.

True.  Indefinitely just means an unspecified period of time.   That's not the same as forever.  I have things in storage that I like to go through every so often just to reminisce.   I'm not sure if signing them would be appropriate either.  She didn't have anything to do with the creation of G1.  They were her inspiration and it's wonderful she still has them.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

nollilols

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2013, 07:57:52 AM »
It's so awesome that she still has all her childhood ponies!!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2013, 08:05:58 AM »
If only they didn't have to use the G3 ponies names........... bothers be to no end.

Surpise > Pinkie Pie

Why does it bother you that she used g3 names? I don't see anything wrong with it, a lot of the pony names come partly if not all from another pony, even ponies that have zero to do with each other.

I love that she still has her childhood collection, and I adore the fact that my fav G4 pony is partly inspired by one of my fav G1 ponies (Glory), it's no wonder I love Rarity so much :P

Offline SilverLinedStars

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2013, 08:11:56 AM »
This is really neat. Funny that Sparkler has the same hair do as Rarity! I just love this.

moonlight twinkle

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2013, 08:12:41 AM »
Wow, she sure does have an awesome collection! ^.^ I wish she would animate Strawberry Shortcake, I think that the new show is horrible. >_<

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2013, 08:14:30 AM »
They are all so minty mint! :freak:

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2013, 08:28:01 AM »
Those really are minty, although even Lauren's Majesty has a darker head. I hope storage is OK for them. I can see why it's harder to get *that* Posey or *that* Ember... I actually gave up and took them off my wish list but now I'm pining for them again  :lol:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2013, 08:51:47 AM »
I am so jealous of Lauren right now. 
Okay, not exactly, but those are some awesome ponies she's got there.  She must have had a fun time with them. :)

I knew Sparkler inspired Rarity, but not Glory also. ^.^
It's actually quite nice to know that Rarity was inspired by Glory as well as Sparkler.  A common mistake was to assume that Glory was the inspiration for Rarity, and then be instantly corrected that it was Sparkler.  In a way it's kind of nice that all the people who thought it was Glory were technically right all along.

oh wow! thats so cool. i always wondered who the inspiration was for applebloom and celestia! (i always had a slight feeling it was ember and majesty though.  :P )
That's what I always thought as well (especially Ember - when I saw her one and only episode, and listened to her dialogue, she totally sounded like a CMC).

Also, it's kind of heart-warming imagine the "adventures" she had while playing with them (many of which became FIM episodes/unused FIM episodes, no doubt).
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2013, 08:53:02 AM »
Wow, she sure does have an awesome collection! ^.^ I wish she would animate Strawberry Shortcake, I think that the new show is horrible. >_<

You took the thoughts right outta my head!

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2013, 08:57:59 AM »
Her collection is awesome! I actually thought it might be a wee bit bigger though. I know  :throw:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 09:36:05 AM by ponylady »
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

nollilols

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2013, 09:09:32 AM »
Her collection is awesome! I actually thought it might be a wit bit bigger though. I know  :throw:

She mentioned in another tweet that she has about another 300 in storage from a 3-year Ebay binge in her 20's - these specific ones are just her own personal childhood ponies.

Offline Divinisity

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2013, 09:21:09 AM »
She has such a nice collection, they all look so nice. It's really great to hear how she uses her childhood to create new and fantastic work.

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2013, 09:48:47 AM »
If only they didn't have to use the G3 ponies names........... bothers be to no end.

Surpise > Pinkie Pie

Since Surprise likely isn't copywritable, she probably would have ended up as Surprise Dazzle or some such, if they hadn't gone with Pinkie Pie :P
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal