collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: cotton candy/palomino  (Read 355 times)

Offline moondancer1

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
cotton candy/palomino
« on: November 29, 2013, 08:47:52 AM »
Hello, I have seen cotton candy refered to as palomino.  Specifically I was wondering  which one is the palamino version.  I have macau with white and pink hair both of which have peach bodies. Then I have Italy regular pink and a very pale pink one with white/faded pink hair.  I think this is the one refered to as palamino?  But I think I have seen the macau with white as refered to as palomino as well.  Any info is appreciated.  Thanks!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: cotton candy/palomino
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 06:14:33 AM »
Both of them technically; its a description of what the colour/symbols are reminiscent of as you know rather than a designated name. However, I often see the light Italian one referred to as "Macau like palomino". I believe because we know about the Macau version first, it got the name first and therefore when the Italian one pops up its almost copy catting the name to a certain extent. But I have seen both versions described as palomino versions.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 05:13:54 PM »
Like Cat says, all light versions Italian and Macau are called palominos. I say all because there are at least two Italian palominos: one stamped on 2 feet and one stamped on all 4 in a different mold. Yes they are different ponies to me. Both Italians are supposed to have pink hair but are faded more often than not. I think the Macau pony has true white hair...

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 05:41:54 PM »
I'm a bit curious how the whole thing got started, after all a palomino color in the real horse world really isn't any variation of pink. :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 07:47:29 PM »
I'm a bit curious how the whole thing got started, after all a palomino color in the real horse world really isn't any variation of pink. :lol:

They are more peachy in tone than pink if I am honest. The very light pink description probably just comes from it being Cotton Candy - essentially they are peach with a touch of a pink tinge. I know that's not gold like a palomino but when you combine the peachy colour with white hair [even the Italian's which should be pink often have a very faded pink or white] then that gives you a vague impression of a pale coloured body with very light hair...hence the palomino link up.

Its probably about as close as calling any MLP a representation of any kind of pony :P There is a bit of creative license but enough of a representation that most people can see a vague similarity.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal