collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I'm sorry, You eat what?  (Read 1779 times)

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
Re: I'm sorry, You eat what?
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2013, 06:51:19 AM »

- Cinnamon waffle with 2 chicken strips on top and a smidge of syrup

I wouldn't say that this is weird at all, chicken and waffles is the best thing ever! Ihop even has it on their menu ;) I order it all the time, lol. the French fries with ranch aren't too weird either, I think fries and ranch sauce are awesome!

Anyway, the weirdest thing I've ever eaten are those candy crickets. When my friend bought some a few years back, I was kinda hesitant to try one, but it turns out they're not half bad XD This same friend also had those lollipops with the scorpions in the middle that she got from Hershey park or something. Those were ok too. My sister likes to make deep fried oreos which I think is kinda weird. She says they're delicious, but I don't like them! XD
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2013, 09:58:33 AM »
So I've been thinking, I'm the type of person that likes to experiment with my food and try different things, combine things that are a little out of the norm :blink: Which usually leads to weird looks or comments, it got me wondering if anyone else eats strange things, or enjoys food combinations that weird other people out?

For example:

- In elementary school I would eat Fruitloop sandwiches (2 slices of wonderbread and a ton of Fruitloops in the middle)

- In highschool I refused to eat breakfast, I would drink a can of pepsi and that was all, my grandmother didn't approve and insisted that I eat something before I left for school. So, that led to Pepsi Fruitloops :shocked:

- I used to love my fries with ketchup and ranch

Since my husband and I have been together we've been eating the following things that apparently seem out of the ordinary to other people

- Peanut Butter and Bacon (or change out the bacon for breakfast sausages) sandwiches
- Cinnamon waffle burgers (waffle, syrup, burger, cheese, waffle)
- Cinnamon waffle with 2 chicken strips on top and a smidge of syrup

:haha: Anyone else?

Mmmm, I totally do get peanut butter and bacon. I need to try this.

I like to eat jam sandwiches with a piece of cheese. The laziest way to combine the three without actually eating jam straight out of the jar, seems to be the tastiest way too  :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2013, 10:11:31 AM »
Peanut buttered toast with tomato slices on top.  Totally down with the fries and chocolate ice cream as well.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2013, 11:36:57 AM »
It's not so weird, but I eat avocado on bagels a lot.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: I\'m sorry, You eat what?
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2013, 11:47:38 AM »
Im a weird one when it comes to food. First off, I am vegan- I only eat plant matter and I dont even possess the enzymes to propertly digest meat, dairy, or eggs. Apparently my salivia is more alkaline than most peoples. Pretty much born vegan, which is weird because my parents eat meat and dairy-I swear I was adopted! I cant stand meat or blood, I get queasy and even gag or vomit at the unintentional unfortuate sight of it. Im naturally forced to eat 100% pure plant matter which it totally fine by me! Although as a kid I was mostly vegetarian (i consumed dairy as a kid although im lactose intolerant)  I naturally grew into veganism. So eating salad gets pretty boring...so us herbavoires get VERY creative to please or pallet!  We are still human ;p and enjoy different tastes and flavors together like normal people.  Hers a brief list of things i can come up with that I have either been made for of for or other people thouggt they were super gross.

Spoiler

Now I REALLY love flowers, at least the edible kind are the only ones I have tried in the forest! xD I made them into teas, toss them into salad, or eat them right out of the earth! I enjoy orchids, roses, daisies, honey suckles, tigerlilly nectar, carnations, OMG my favorites though are jasmine an lotus!!! MMMMM!  Splendid with rice!!  My husband never gets me flowers for gifts because i immedietly start to eat them! Nice looking ones I wash first in case of pesticides.

The scandinavian roots in me enjoys berries. I am a huge sucker for berries!!! I especially love lingon berries and blueberries! I make an annual Blueberry Soup on the Winter Solstice (my version of Christmas) and its sweet and delicious! I cook it warm! Its pretty much heated berry medley puree sweetened with either pure cane sugar or raw stevia! Delicious with bread rolls or PANCAKE BALLS!

Pretty much ANY edible plant I enjoy eating strait from the ground. I even eat the leaves of dandelions and plantain greens. I thought they were weeds, but they are excellent for camping.

I love to fill up an empty water bottle with chia seeds (chichichichichichiaaa!) with some juice, shake it up, and slurp the seeds out after they get all gelatinous

I mix baking cocoa in with my coffee, heck sometimes I eat the beans straight! Thats the best stuff.

Boiled cattail roots. Tastes like potatos, sometimes onions.

I collect fresh maple helicopter seeds, peel them, roast them, then salt them. Tastes like pistachios

I will pick morels straight from woods and eat them.

Any vegetable or fruit I LOVE slapped straight on the grill, love those char lines on my apples and corn on the cob!

Acorn butter, yes made with real acorns free of bugs

Speakin of pancake balls....mmmmm I just use a veggie pancake mix and use applesauce, potato starch, ground tapioca, or applesauce in place of eggs. Put em in a greased cake-pop mould and presto! Pancake balls in 5 minutes! I like to blend in vegetables with my waffles. Mostly greens. Vegetables are an awesome side dish to waffles btw, sometimes without syrup.

I put hemp seeds....on EVERYTHING! Or bake them into everything. Gives food a nutty flavor!

Peanut-butter popcorn pie. Sounds weird, looks weird, tastes great!

Every year I made an annual tofu spice pie with a veggie of my choice. Delicous and healthy.

I dip my potato chips in melted dark chocolate, at LEAST 85% cocoa. If i dont get my way, i lick my finger and dip it into the powder baking cocoa and eat it.

I enjoy red-pepper hummus with celery or pretzel rounds

I fry up apples and drizzle different things on them, sometimes pure maple syrup or agave nectar

I love peanut butter with carrrots and tortilla chips dipped in rootbeer

I drink the remainer pickle or olive juice in the jar

Anyone else drink juice with twizzlers!?

Bean-loaf instead of meatloaf.

I WILL eat grass, but only Kentucky.

I enjoy french fries with pretty much anything vegan friendy, I love it with mushroom gravy.

I make mac and 'trees' ( macaroni and cheese with homeade veggie aldredo sauce)

~I can go on and on and on.~

On top of everything I just listed, I salt everything. In fact, oversalt is the correct term.  I even salt coconut icecream LOL I especially love salt on melons, grapefruit, and apples.

Btw LadyShia i am a HUGE fan or nori too! :D

Post Merge: December 01, 2013, 12:11:25 PM

I love to eat frozen peas as candy!

YES! :D i like frozen berries or grapes too!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 12:27:36 PM by Lightning Twirl »

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2013, 02:04:50 PM »
Hmmmm...

-pancakes or French toast or waffles with peanut butter and maple syrup
-"ketchup sandwiches"...just bread and ketchup lol yum!
-fry sauce! (Mayo and ketchup mixed)
-love fries with ice cream
-grilled cheese dipped in ketchup
-I also only like instant mashed potatoes...get a lot of weird looks for that lol. Especially around the holidays. But I hate the texture of "real" mashed potatoes!

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2013, 03:37:18 PM »
Bananas and Queso are surprisingly good.  I tried it drunk first and then for science I tried it when sober.  Still surprisingly good but I'm a little allergic to bananas these days so I tend to avoid them.

My boss once made some green rice for the office; then I white-trashed it up by crushing up some potato and mixing it into my bowl.  Something about the garlic onion rice+salty lays crunch seemed to be the ideal thing.  I'm bad to put crushed chips in my sandwiches.

There's a really tasty recipe for a sauce for meatballs or cocktail weiners that uses mustard and jelly.  Most people give me funny looks when I try to talk it up, but it is TOTALLY yummy. 

I'll eat veggies straight off the vine too.  Bean pods are DELICIOUS! zucchini, squash, etc etc. 

As a single person living alone I also tend to eat a lot of bizarre dinners that consist of things found around the kitchen that require little prep work.  It's not unusual for me to dine on a meal of pickles, peanut butter crackers, re-fried beans and finished off with some grapes.  Sometimes dinner is an unheated can of peas. Lol

One of my coworkers is Vietnamese she's eaten some things I wouldn't even touch. Haha I also had an acquaintance who would eat bacon raw.  Yick.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 03:41:23 PM by elvenwine26 »
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2013, 03:58:37 PM »
I introduced my husband to jalapeno flavored kettle cooked potato chips and cottage cheese.   We both love it.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2013, 06:28:54 PM »
Lightning Twirl, I love all of those vegan ideas you shared, although I'm not vegan I have tried several of those things including the flowers in salad :) So many interesting ways to eat various fruits and veggies and to make your food have great texture and taste.

To all the posters that keep saying that they love instant mashed potatoes, me too! I think instant potatoes have come a long way since we were kids :P I especially love the Idahoan brand, so many yummy flavours, I've made them for other people and no one knew they weren't instant :P

I've seen some ideas I may have to try ;)

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2013, 07:09:32 PM »
I too like potato chips and chocolate together - well, to be more exact, salt n vinegar chips and m&m's together :lol: I'm not sure if other countries have milo, a maltish milk additive, but when we were young we used to eat it on buttered bread. So delicious then, but can't bring myself to do it now! Another child hood fave was Kraft cheddar cheese with granny Smith apples :D
i'm actually half English, so have been bought up on things like toad in the hole, and welsh rarebit, which my typical Aussie bloke thinks are quite weird :)

Offline Sukeile

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Dancing through life, Brainless and careless
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2013, 07:53:36 PM »
Spoiler

Now I REALLY love flowers, at least the edible kind are the only ones I have tried in the forest! xD I made them into teas, toss them into salad, or eat them right out of the earth! I enjoy orchids, roses, daisies, honey suckles, tigerlilly nectar, carnations, OMG my favorites though are jasmine an lotus!!! MMMMM!  Splendid with rice!!  My husband never gets me flowers for gifts because i immedietly start to eat them! Nice looking ones I wash first in case of pesticides.

The scandinavian roots in me enjoys berries. I am a huge sucker for berries!!! I especially love lingon berries and blueberries! I make an annual Blueberry Soup on the Winter Solstice (my version of Christmas) and its sweet and delicious! I cook it warm! Its pretty much heated berry medley puree sweetened with either pure cane sugar or raw stevia! Delicious with bread rolls or PANCAKE BALLS!

Pretty much ANY edible plant I enjoy eating strait from the ground. I even eat the leaves of dandelions and plantain greens. I thought they were weeds, but they are excellent for camping.

I love to fill up an empty water bottle with chia seeds (chichichichichichiaaa!) with some juice, shake it up, and slurp the seeds out after they get all gelatinous

I mix baking cocoa in with my coffee, heck sometimes I eat the beans straight! Thats the best stuff.

Boiled cattail roots. Tastes like potatos, sometimes onions.

I collect fresh maple helicopter seeds, peel them, roast them, then salt them. Tastes like pistachios

I will pick morels straight from woods and eat them.

Any vegetable or fruit I LOVE slapped straight on the grill, love those char lines on my apples and corn on the cob!

Acorn butter, yes made with real acorns free of bugs

Speakin of pancake balls....mmmmm I just use a veggie pancake mix and use applesauce, potato starch, ground tapioca, or applesauce in place of eggs. Put em in a greased cake-pop mould and presto! Pancake balls in 5 minutes! I like to blend in vegetables with my waffles. Mostly greens. Vegetables are an awesome side dish to waffles btw, sometimes without syrup.

I put hemp seeds....on EVERYTHING! Or bake them into everything. Gives food a nutty flavor!

Peanut-butter popcorn pie. Sounds weird, looks weird, tastes great!

Every year I made an annual tofu spice pie with a veggie of my choice. Delicous and healthy.

I dip my potato chips in melted dark chocolate, at LEAST 85% cocoa. If i dont get my way, i lick my finger and dip it into the powder baking cocoa and eat it.

I enjoy red-pepper hummus with celery or pretzel rounds

I fry up apples and drizzle different things on them, sometimes pure maple syrup or agave nectar

I love peanut butter with carrrots and tortilla chips dipped in rootbeer

I drink the remainer pickle or olive juice in the jar

Anyone else drink juice with twizzlers!?

Bean-loaf instead of meatloaf.

I WILL eat grass, but only Kentucky.

I enjoy french fries with pretty much anything vegan friendy, I love it with mushroom gravy.

I make mac and 'trees' ( macaroni and cheese with homeade veggie aldredo sauce)

~I can go on and on and on.~

YES! :D i like frozen berries or grapes too!

My goodness all of those things sound so delicious! :heart:

Oh, and speaking of tasty plants;
When I was a kid I would eat dandelion leaves right off the ground, just as our pet Bunny did.
I've heard they can be good in salads, but part of the charm for me was to just sit down in a patch of grass and take a snack, hahaha

This whole thread is so inspiring though! Really makes me want to experiment in the kitchen, haha!  :biggrin:

Avatar by Griffin. Carebear by MistyBlue2010 and Pony by Lina. Thank you <3
Join My Little Pony Facebook group!/ My Wishlist/ My Etsy/  Polly Pocket Locket

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2013, 10:17:24 PM »
I enjoy these weird but oh so yummy food:
Green Chili with Pork meat Yummy!
I like to dip my fries into my Chocolate frostys from Wendys also yummy!
Octopus Sushi is great!

I could come up with more but gotta go to the bus stop  :)
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2013, 12:21:01 AM »
A bagel dipped in hot chocolate - instant chocolate bread! Yum!
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2013, 01:03:26 AM »
Much like many of you its more what I don't eat. I was a vegetarian for all my ife growing up. Never never never ate meat. Hated the taste, the smell, the texture, everything about it. Then when my husband and I met he made me a steak and I loved it, however that being said I only eat meat that was like it was cut off the animal. Nothing ground, stuffed, chopped or anything like that. I think its a texture thing. Can't do pork. Any of it. It all taste awful to me, even bacon! (*gasp* I know right? I want to like bacon and I try it all the time but once it touches my tongue I gag) I don't eat hamburgers, hotdogs, sasuage, sloppy joes, spaghetti sauce, chuck, or anything made with meat bits. It honestly has to to be PIECE of meat. I do eat some stuff that people consider strange like rabbit, coyote, bobcat, deer, fox, snake, duck and alligator (pauses mmmmmm alligator), but thats because when I hit college I started hunting and if i'm hunting it, I'm eating it. Like I said I can't ground any of it, but cut it up and put it on a skillet with some veggies and I'm good to go!

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2013, 06:03:46 AM »
Im a weird one when it comes to food. First off, I am vegan- I only eat plant matter and I dont even possess the enzymes to propertly digest meat, dairy, or eggs. Apparently my salivia is more alkaline than most peoples. Pretty much born vegan, which is weird because my parents eat meat and dairy-I swear I was adopted! I cant stand meat or blood, I get queasy and even gag or vomit at the unintentional unfortuate sight of it. Im naturally forced to eat 100% pure plant matter which it totally fine by me! Although as a kid I was mostly vegetarian (i consumed dairy as a kid although im lactose intolerant)  I naturally grew into veganism.

I was born vegan, too LightningTwirl. I have the enzymes to digest meat and dairy, but they don't work properly, so until I was about 21 I had to be careful about what I ate, which severely limited my options!. It led to some very weird food combos, let me tell you! I'm kind of infamous for my weird food combinations. Here's a few of the more memorable ones:

Bread, butter, and potato chip sandwich.
Hash browns, ketchup, mustard, and pickles all mashed together.
Rice Chex cereal with Miracle Whip and raisins.
Pasta with picante sauce.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal