collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I'm sorry, You eat what?  (Read 1775 times)

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
I'm sorry, You eat what?
« on: November 27, 2013, 07:05:27 PM »
So I've been thinking, I'm the type of person that likes to experiment with my food and try different things, combine things that are a little out of the norm :blink: Which usually leads to weird looks or comments, it got me wondering if anyone else eats strange things, or enjoys food combinations that weird other people out?

For example:

- In elementary school I would eat Fruitloop sandwiches (2 slices of wonderbread and a ton of Fruitloops in the middle)

- In highschool I refused to eat breakfast, I would drink a can of pepsi and that was all, my grandmother didn't approve and insisted that I eat something before I left for school. So, that led to Pepsi Fruitloops :shocked:

- I used to love my fries with ketchup and ranch

Since my husband and I have been together we've been eating the following things that apparently seem out of the ordinary to other people

- Peanut Butter and Bacon (or change out the bacon for breakfast sausages) sandwiches
- Cinnamon waffle burgers (waffle, syrup, burger, cheese, waffle)
- Cinnamon waffle with 2 chicken strips on top and a smidge of syrup

:haha: Anyone else?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Reiya

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: I'm sorry, You eat what?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 07:22:12 PM »
I just started college so I have recently been seeing some very odd food combination that I have never heard of before. - A lot of people dip chicken nuggets in macaroni and cheese.
- Dipping fried cheese sticks in ranch dressing.
- A friend of mine makes salad with spinach, hard boiled egg, sunflower seeds, raspberry dressing, bacon, and jalapeños.
- For breakfast I put tabasco and ranch on scrambled eggs.

wyndstar

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 07:44:28 PM »
my dad used to put cheese whiz on french toast and then smother it with syrup. my family thought it was disgusting until i tried it one day. it's actually terribly delicious!
we also put peanut butter and jam on our french toast :)

hmm.. i don't think i eat anything else totally weird lol. though i like your breakfast.. usually a monster energy drink and a kitkat will get me through. i usually don't have breakfast but i've been trying to have healthy smoothies in the morning lol. banana/peanutbutter/almondmilk/honey is my favourite :D

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 07:57:25 PM »
Peanut Butter and Bacon sandwiches rock!!!! We used to make them all the time when I worked at a restaurant.

That's really the only odd thing I eat that others would find weird. My father-in-law though eats bologna sandwiches with baked beans on them. I know probably not the weirdest but I always found it to be a little off.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 08:54:55 PM »
my fave ever would be vegemite on toast, dipped in hot sweet coffee. mmmmm yummy!!! i normally can't go near anything soggy *gags* but this is delicious!!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 10:02:58 PM »
I come from the country of haggis, deep fried mars bars and deep fried pizza...my friend I know all about weird food :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 10:11:00 PM »
ohhh deep fried mars bars in batter!! and fried ice cream! and deep fried bacon.... any wonder my dr is telling me i need to lose weight :lol: :lol:

baby_yoyo

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 10:20:11 PM »
Hathorcat I LOVE deep fried Mars Bars  :biggrin:

I have several:

Sausage and marmalade sandwich
Cheese and jam sandwich

And my fave is from my chip shop - Large chip butty (a bread bun filled with fries) with cheese and curry sauce - heaven

Oh I always have crushed crisps on pasta bakes...etc

Man im hungry now!!

nollilols

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 10:42:01 PM »
I love honey, mayonnaise and chicken sandwiches. Bonus points if it's got stuffing it. The only unusual thing there is that rather than having 'honey chili chicken', I have plain chicken and just drizzle honey all over it. I love the sweetness!

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 10:44:13 PM »
I absolutely adore andouillettes (a French sausage made of pork intestines). If you ask my family, they smell like poop, but I dare to disagree! Another thing I miss terribly are the sautéed pork intestines I used to eat at a Chinese restaurant in Paris.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 10:56:45 PM »
Reiya, I think everything tastes better dipped in ranch dressing lol, I also used to make salads exactly like that but instead of adding bacon, I would use deli meat sliced up and just toss it in there.

Wyndstar, I don't think I've tried anything out of the ordinary with my French toast :P That does sound as though it could be interesting though.

Kezrob, what is vegemite?

Hathorcat, I think although it's unhealthy, just about everything tastes better deep fried ^.^

Baby Yo-Yo, I used to eat cheese and strawberry jam sandwiches, so yummy :)

Nollilols, a honey, mayo and chicken sandwich sounds delicious.

Mul-ta, pork intestines? I gotta ask, what's it taste like? I've had all sorts of food that's considered a delicacy in other cultures (frog legs, crocodile, escargot, cows tongue etc), so although I'm thinking ew, I would probably try it anyways :P
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 10:58:47 PM by MikeysGrrrl »

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 11:26:03 PM »
Hathorcat, I think although it's unhealthy, just about everything tastes better deep fried ^.^

Take the object closest to you, deep fry it, and most will agree it's yummy. This is pretty much how mankind works.

Mul-ta, pork intestines? I gotta ask, what's it taste like? I've had all sorts of food that's considered a delicacy in other cultures (frog legs, crocodile, escargot, cows tongue etc), so although I'm thinking ew, I would probably try it anyways :P

In France we had such things as andouillettes, tripes, osso bucco (omnom beef marrow) and beef tongue at the school canteen. :P I guess I'm an offal person, I like sweetbreads and liver too, but one needs to proceed with caution with kidneys. They taste like pee unless prepared carefully.

Obviously it's a little hard to describe andouillettes to someone who has never tasted one, but let's face it, haters describe them as poop. Poop or not, they are great grilled with fries and mustard sauce. There is definitely an "intestinal" texture, taste and (in the case of andouillettes, very strong) smell that I think occurs in some other organs as well. I have a terrible nose which may explain my fascination with smelly foods.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 11:27:40 PM by mul-ta »

DavidC

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 11:30:45 PM »
Sometimes I enjoy kimchi, it's hard to find good kimchi in Southern Colorado, though. Shipping jars of kimchi to our high altitude has strange effects, and I'm not not extremely careful. I end up wearing more of it than I eat.

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 11:34:30 PM »
I don't eat anything particularly weird, but I eat extremely spicy foods. I put rooster sauce on everything, especially pizza, and I put tons of wasabi on sushi.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 11:42:26 PM »
I had barbecue-flavoured mealworms once. They were ok, I'm just not a fan of barbecue.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal