collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Lack of new characters: Anyone else worried?  (Read 1541 times)

Offline BerylBreeze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Lack of new characters: Anyone else worried?
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 11:58:24 AM »
I'm a little concerned, but they're still making plenty of new-mold blind bag ponies which keeps me hopeful that they aren't dropping the line just yet. If they were trying to end the toyline, why spend so much on new molds when a new cutie mark and different plastic would be cheaper?

I'm still baffled by their decisions. Rereleasing the mane 6 over and over with very minor changes, to the point that the same pony is found in singles/playsets/etc at the same time instead of diversifying the shelf a little more. The rainbow line is a good step forward(concerning rereleases), they're different enough but still the same character.
Or taking Minty, a highly-demanded pony, and putting her in a $30 set as an exclusive to a store that requires a membership (ignoring any guest membership things). If she doesn't sell as planned, they would probably pull the "no new characters because nobody wants them" card that many companies do.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 01:19:31 PM »
I guess on the bright side, since I don't have so many ponies to buy, it leaves me with more money to concentrate on buying Monster High and Ever After High dolls. Maybe TRU will release another favorites set next year. There's still some characters from the show they could do. Actually, I'm shocked that they haven't made a brushable Octavia. I really don't like store exclusives, especially if I don't have that store near me (like TRU and Costco, for example) but at this point, I think I'll take that over no new characters. I just wish they'd go back to making new characters as singles. Seeing how I couldn't find Sunset Shimmer in the stores for ages makes me think that she sold pretty well. I'm sure Hasbro can see that new characters sell. But then again, they continued the core 7 for a long time, even though they all just sat on the shelves for ages. I'm sure somewhere there's still a ton of unsold G3.5s sitting around.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 01:27:45 PM »
Ya I miss getting new characters too.  It was so fun too look for Plumsweet and Feathermay... "Back in the day"... I miss it.

But as others have said, it leaves me to find new g1s and g3s to snatch up... From a long gone era of unique ponies.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 03:53:20 PM »
Let's face it: Hasbro acts like somebody's gonna shoot them if they come out with anybody else than the Mane 6 or the princesses :/
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 03:56:37 PM by Twilight Pink Navarro »
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2013, 06:56:40 PM »
We already are pretty much stuck in a new type of "core 7". Over the past year only 3 new characters have been released in my country and we got nothing new to look forward to.
If we want to get any of the other new characters we are stuck having to import them. I had a bit of a rarity army but i am growing tired of it too. I'm realising that i'm better off spending that money on other things than rebuying something i already got.

This. 90% of the new characters that have been released lately have been US exclusives and boy I'm tired of importing :( I miss going into toy shops and seeing new things. I still check, just in case, but it's always the same old.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 08:45:54 PM »
I like how we are seeing more blindbag characters, but I wish there were more brushables! Sunset shimmer was a fun release for me, same with Mrs Cake and Twirly Treats. The favorites two collection got me really excited but after I obtained it I was sad that this was pretty much a good chunk of the new characters... =( Id like to see more brushables that are ponies not even in the show! =D Hasbro... please stop realasing so much of the mane 6! xO I miss the surprise new characters popping up on the internet and us having to  guess and come up with names they might possibly be. Who knows what season 4 will bring though, hopefully new characters for more new brushables!

Offline StarDapple

• Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2013, 09:52:37 PM »
I'm saddened by this too.  Hasbro has so many missed opportunities!  I mean, they could have a boys line like the Big Brothers (I NEED a Big Macintosh and Braeburn!!), they could have different lines of something like "Citizens of Ponyville", or "Ponies of Cloudsdale", and then they could have a "unique" line, such as the two from Saddle Arabia, Timber Wolves and things like that.  C'mon Hasbro, you are sitting on a gold mine!

And while the idea of new ponies for the holidays is a great idea, I won't be holding my breath.  I'm just upset that I didn't have money back when there was a bit more variety, and now all there is is the main six.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2013, 10:16:02 PM »
I truly wish they would make more different characters! I don't like getting multiples of the same ponies. I have come to accept a few multiples as long as there is something different about them (they are different characters in my pony world). But it is so annoying and boring that they keep releasing the came characters over and over and over and over and ..... -_- It does save me money though :P But it would be so much more fun and exciting if there were a lot of different characters! There are plenty of characters for them to make! And they should also make the different characters as Fashion Style ponies including the male ponies!!

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2013, 03:21:16 AM »
I feel as though they're currently riding the high of how popular the show is, and I only say that because I distinctly recall two occasions when pony hunting during the wave that had uh... Plumsweet in it, I think, there were people my age that were mad because "They don't even have real characters like Rainbow Dash!" and they got all huffy.  Now, I'm not trying to talk bad about the Brony crowd, but I don't see it persisting as long as the collector crowd, and I think that right now, Hasbro's trying to get the money they can before any Bronies that are just temporarily in the pony world leave, and then they will consider being more collector-minded again.  Because, let's face it.  We want ponies.  We can get as mad as we want at Hasbro for not releasing new characters, but we're still going to buy those new characters when they do come out.  That's still rewarding them for this tactic that they're using, and so it's going to be something that I think we just have to endure.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2013, 05:33:51 AM »
Nope, not bothered at all.  I'm more worried that we haven't heard about the end of G4 yet... 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2013, 06:02:05 AM »
I feel as though they're currently riding the high of how popular the show is, and I only say that because I distinctly recall two occasions when pony hunting during the wave that had uh... Plumsweet in it, I think, there were people my age that were mad because "They don't even have real characters like Rainbow Dash!" and they got all huffy.  Now, I'm not trying to talk bad about the Brony crowd, but I don't see it persisting as long as the collector crowd, and I think that right now, Hasbro's trying to get the money they can before any Bronies that are just temporarily in the pony world leave, and then they will consider being more collector-minded again.  Because, let's face it.  We want ponies.  We can get as mad as we want at Hasbro for not releasing new characters, but we're still going to buy those new characters when they do come out.  That's still rewarding them for this tactic that they're using, and so it's going to be something that I think we just have to endure.
Nope, not bothered at all.  I'm more worried that we haven't heard about the end of G4 yet... 
My concern with these two thoughts... is what they did with G3... The last ponies released will be nothing but the main 6 and no real new ponies till the next Gen...

What I will see happen is that when the Brony Crowd dies off there will be tones of Main 6 not getting bought and Hasbro will eventually not make G4 any more.. granted we don't know how long it will be but yeah...
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline RainbowAlicorn999

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2013, 06:34:21 AM »
Why don't they just make one wave of the mane six and one with new characters and release them at the same time?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2013, 07:04:57 AM »
I think the problem is as much as we rightfully moan about it, I think mainly [or just] releasing 6 characters again and again and again must work for them. :(

The fact we are 3 years into the line and most waves are repeats...but that the line is selling as well as it ever has...is probably enough for the money boffins at Hasbro to have decided the current line is a winning formula. Maximum $ for minimum creativity.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Tirac

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2013, 06:59:39 AM »
I'm not bothered by it, just disappointed.
I'd really like more characters because that was the one thing G1 really had. Lots of ponies, lots of side-characters, lots of villains, etc.
It made the cartoon interesting in my opinion.

Offline RainbowAlicorn999

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2013, 09:18:37 AM »
It's not just collectors, the bronies and little girls are sick of the repeats too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal