collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ornament Swap Brag!  (Read 9156 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Re: Ornament Swap Brag!
« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2013, 08:43:58 AM »
Hooray I got my lovely swap box today!  My wife brought it in after she came in after work. It actually almost didn't make it. The box was pretty dinged up, and I didn't have to work hard at opening it. Poor thing just half fell apart. I was super worried the contents would be harmed, but they were fine.

I'm going to warn all of you my house looks insane. We've been doing Christmas decorations, I'm making stuff for gifts, my dad left his tools in our floor because we're working on underpinning andddd my dogs might have ripped up some tp from the spare bedroom while I was asleep. -_-  I love having to clean up tp when I wake up. :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the opened box

Dogs with some presents

I can no longer really eat sweet stuff anymore. Mkia was so thoughtful to send me some tasty treats that I can eat. I look forward to trying them later.

Mkia even sent some little gifts for my puppies (will get to it in a minute) and some sweet gifts related to my puppies.

She hand made these two ornaments with my pups names on them (the stocking in the background is what she sent for them).

She made me some cute mushroom ornaments and one with my screen name on them.
There was a little tin in the package that had all of these figurines. I do have them but not the way Mkia did them! They each have a beautiful hook to hang up on the tree that she made. I love them and those hooks are beautiful.

In the box there was a lovely Alice tote which is cool because I've never seen it before. Then she had a cute owl pen and one of the nicest little mugs I've ever seen. It's going to go in my Alice room on one of my shelves next to the cute tiny pocket watch Radiance got for me in the Halloween swap (also kinda near the light switch cover UP did for me earlier in the year). lol What awesome Alice gifts I've gotten from all of you guys.

I also got a neat Christmas pickle that explains the traditon on the side (which is good because my wife was all "Pickle wut?") and a cute pair of mushrooms.

I love these two ornaments here! I should say I don't think I own one black poodle ornament they are always white and the other one reminds me of Suki. These are fantastic as a matter of fact while opening this swap box I kept running in the bathroom to show my wife stuff (she was taking a bath in our jet tub). I was squealing and running about.

Mkia was just amazing in putting together such a loving box for me, and I just about cried.  The poodle and Schnauzer ornament (and along with some gifts she sent for my dog babies) were all ones where a portion goes to the ASPCA. During the holidays we always try to donate to bigger shelters or local shelters for the animals, even the zombie walk we attend during Halloween has a collection to donate to the animal shelters. This was an extremely well thought out and loving box.

I would like to also say the dog stocking in one of the pictures has gifts to our pups from Mkia's. I love that since my aunt and I always do that with our dogs. I didn't show their stuff because I actually took a little video of opening the gifts with the dogs. I'm having a bit of trouble uploading it, so I will post it later. Thanks Mkia I loved this box. :hug:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2013, 09:44:19 AM »
I am so sorry te box showed up like that!! OMG!! Darn usps!

I am so happy that you loved it, Maddie!! I had a great time shopping and crafting for you! And I'm so glad you didn't have those Alice figures as ornaments!! I figured they were a good deal :D.

I'm glad your puppies got their gifts, too!

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2013, 09:50:20 AM »
Those arctic fox ornaments are so lovely. Especially the silhouette-ish one. :happy: So regal.

I love the puppy ornaments. Too cute! :heart: :heart: :heart:  Both are wonderful boxes!
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2013, 10:33:21 AM »
What beautiful boxes! :lovey:  Everypony's doing a fantastic job!  So Christmassy - I can't wait to put up my tree on the weekend... :xtree:  Seeing all these lovely ornaments is totally getting me psyched to do it (it's a super-huge and heavy tree, so I need all the psyching I can get :P ).

Next up is the really cute polar bear wrapped gift.  Pony Stickers!!!!!  I love my stickers and these pony ones are the best.  I didn't even know they made these boxes of pony stickers.  My students are going to love these if I can bring myself to open the box. :biggrin:

:blink:  I have got to track these down... there's a serious lack of pony stickers (or pony anything for that matter) around here...

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2013, 12:33:05 PM »
Oooh mkia what a wonderful box you put together! The mushroom ornaments, man I am loving how everyone is getting those - they are SO awesome! And so many nice handmade items :heart: - Congrats maddie!! :hearts:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2013, 12:42:34 PM »
I'm so glad you like the box tiki! Yes, the stuffed one is handmade to look like your pup. I've started embroidering so it was fun to be able to use that skill. Also the glass bulb with the scene in it I put together, the base part took ages to dry, I was afraid it wouldn't at all! I tried really hard to find things you would like, and I'm glad they didn't break on the way!

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2013, 01:31:45 PM »
Wow! I'm here to post my own brag and I come to find my box arrived! I'm so, so happy you enjoyed everything, Emberfly. You were a blast to shop for. :D I am abysmal at wrapping and had to improvise haha so I'm glad you enjoyed it!

@Sugar: I got those stickers at Toys R Us! There were only two boxes when I got them and when I went back there were no more. It's a really lovely set and comes with some ponies you don't see often in stickers (Shining Armor, CMC, Luna, Cadance).

@tikibirds: Those fox ornaments are so so cute!! I love the one inside the glass with the little scene so much.

I came home from a late night at work to find my swap box had arrived! :joy: And I have been spoiled.

My partner was xeevee!!!

First the box with cute Santa and pony wrapping! Under the pony wrapping paper was Rudolph wrapping paper! I almost didn't want to tear through them.

ADORABLE!! G3 pony card and reindeer rubber duck. :D

First up are these absolutely precious blown glass snowman beads (and my nasty nails woooow I need to trim them haha). I'm not sure how well you can see it but they're so cute. I am already planning what to do with them.

First bunch of ornaments and things! That peacock has a long, gorgeous tail I didn't get a shot of. The pastel pink hedgehog is so cute and I think I may just leave him out all year. The owl is precious -- I can never have too many owls on our tree and the wooden stocking is super cute as well. Funny story about Twilight -- I was almost going to buy her because I thought the sculpt was really cute and unique but decided to wait. It's like my xeevee read my mind! I'm really happy to have her.

Lots of yummy treats here -- mint kit kats (never seen or heard of these! Very excited to try them), Christmas tea, eggnog mix, and chocolate coated biscuits. Also Fash'em Twilight, a funny skeleton from a Dis de los Muertos celebration xeevee went to, a lovely fox, and a blown glass Rarity ornament I have been trying to track down for ages. She is beautiful and definitely remaining in my Rarity collection after Christmas! Not pictured: lemon candy sticks (because I'm eating them).

Beautiful Mickey head ornament, a gigantic foam Hello Kitty (I don't think I mentioned how much I love Sanrio stuff either!! xeevee really is a mind reader), and Monster High nail polish which I'm bringing with me to my mom's since she likes for me to do her nails haha. Also! Fruit mince pies. xeevee mentioned that these are a huge part of her Christmas tradition. I've never had them. It's too late to heat them up now but I am going to try them tomorrow. They look really good to me from the picture! It's cool to be introduced to a new holiday tradition too. :)

Saved these for last because they're really special -- an adorable plush pony ornament with a snowman symbol. Did you make this xeevee? It's so, so cute. It has glitter in the fabric and everything. I can't wait to put her on my tree. Next to that is a special ornament just for this swap!! It's my favorite color and has an owl stamped through the middle, and owls are one of my favorite animals in the world. I'm so happy to have such a unique, memorable ornament on my tree.

Obligatory group shot (guest appearances from my backpack and a stack of clothes I need to put away).

Holy moly!! I still cannot believe this box. Thank you so, so much xeevee! I cannot express my gratitude enough. Thank you thank you thank you!!! :tackleglomp:

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 05, 2013, 01:41:15 PM »
WOW you sure got spoiled, Ice Crystal!! And I am so jealous that you got TimTams, too!! They're still evading me somehow.

Congrats on all the goodies :D

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #113 on: December 05, 2013, 01:48:47 PM »
Those Mince pies do look yummy. :dribble: That Snowman-pony is adorable! :heart: And the Mickey Mouse head is so pretty.
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2013, 03:00:44 PM »
I see someone else got an Xmas pickel :D

Mint Kit Kats?? I want

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2013, 03:47:29 PM »
I love all these glass blown MLP ornaments - can I ask where you guys are finding these?

That box is absolutely lovely Ice! xeevee really put together a beautiful box of spoilage!! :biggrin: I love the handmade pony! :dribble: But wowowowo on all the beautiful ornaments!

My Want List

Offline Emberfly

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2013, 03:50:16 PM »
Ok, at this point I'm just stalking this thread and drooling, though I just have to look at my tree now and I can drool. ;)  More awesome brags!
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2013, 04:04:31 PM »
@Sunshine: I found the one I got for Emberfly at Toys R Us, and I saw the Twilight one there too as well as a round one with Pinkie in the middle. :) I know some folks have found big foam ones at... Home Goods, maybe? American Greetings/Carlton Cards is responsible for most of them, I think, so if they have a store near you that would be a good place to look.

As for the blown glass one, I have no idea!! I hadn't been able to find that Rarity anywhere and I think she's more common in Canada than in the US atm.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 04:06:24 PM by Ice Crystal »

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Emberfly

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 05, 2013, 04:09:55 PM »
I have the Rarity ornament.  I found her at Carlton Cards which is Canadian.  Not sure where to find her in the US.  Good luck.
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #119 on: December 05, 2013, 04:15:11 PM »
Thanks guys, I definitely have to check out my TRU at some point... they're so lovely! :biggrin:

My Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal