collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is the best way to deal with this?  (Read 337 times)

Offline Divinisity

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
What is the best way to deal with this?
« on: November 19, 2013, 11:31:44 AM »
Hello!

Today I got Baby Schoolbag in the mail, and was super excited. She was well packaged in a bubble mailer in my opinion. So when I opened her up, I noticed her display side back leg was dented under the symbol. A hoof is also scuffed. She also has small dents on her chin. The seller seemed to describe her items well. She mentions that the head + body are excellent, with no major marks and flaws. Schoolbag has a large blotch of white on her back leg (which will probably come out), but are these issues supposed to be observed in a description? I'm not a picky collector at all, but I did purchase her thinking she was great.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This is my first time being a bit unhappy with my purchase, so I'm not sure how to go about contacting the seller on ebay. What should I say? Do I need proof?

Also I'm not sure this is the right forum, so please move if I got it wrong. Thanks so much for your time!

LadyBird

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What is the best way to deal with this?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 12:54:37 PM »
I would contact the seller about that personally just tell them you didn't expect due to the description provided.

Offline Prixton

• Trade Count: (+356)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 04:33:31 PM »
Yes, definitely contact the seller and if necessary open a claim through ebay or paypal (item not as described). That doesn't look like it occurred during shipping (especially since you say she was well packaged), and it's the sort of flaw I'd expect to be mentioned. I'm also curious about the dents in her chin, that doesn't sound good...

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 04:39:32 PM »
I agree, many sellers are easy to work with hopefully you can get everything straightened away! :hug:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Divinisity

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 05:02:05 PM »
I'm not too sure about when to open a claim, I'm so clueless haha. I'll look into it.

But thank you for all the responses. It's very reassuring, since confrontation makes me a little nervous! Don't want to make a big deal out of things. D:

The three dents on the chin are small, like someone pressing a pencil tip into the plastic or similar. It's super hard to get a good photo of that problem though.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 10:23:48 PM »
I would first contact your seller and state your concerns, perhaps also show her the picture you have showed us here. I would use opening a case as a last resort. Like others have already mentioned most sellers are nice and willing to make things right if your not happy.

Buy a little FYI, when going to contact your seller, eBay will prompt you to pick a reason on why you are trying to contact them. If you choose anything that "other" it will automatically open a case against them. So choose "other" and let them know your issues. They will either ask you to return her for a full refund or they may have another reasonable solution. If they are unwilling to solve the problem, then that is when a dispute should be opened. Hopefully it will not have to come to that though.

Good Luck and please let us know the outcome.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Divinisity

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 08:28:27 AM »
Thanks for all the advice, ponylady. Everything went well, and the seller was super nice! She was able to resolve my problem efficiently and gave me a refund for my purchase. She told me it was probably customs that caused the damage, and it wasn't that way when it was shipped. I'm glad the issue got cleared up so soon.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 08:34:29 AM »
That's great news!!! I am happy to hear she was able to resolve the problem swiftly and without incident for you.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal