collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any fellow Gamers here on the Arena?  (Read 1428 times)

Offline BabiChuld

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • With pony powers, come pony responsibility.
    • View Profile
Re: Any fellow Gamers here on the Arena?
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 06:19:35 AM »
Ah I had an inkling that there were gamers here, just had to be sure :D Great to hear from you all, such diverse games everyone is playing, i love it :) X
Thank you Lindsay1988 for this beautiful Sig!  :lovey:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Don't worry, be happy!  :P Come visit my pony page to see my collection grow ^_^ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joannas-collection-of-Vintage-My-Little-Pony-toys/171365783052710

My Ridiculously huge Wishlist XD http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,347431.new.html#new

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, 08:27:23 AM »
I own all Nintendo consoles except the NES (died of old age long ago) and Wii U. :)
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2013, 11:00:13 AM »
I practically grew up with video games. :3  I'm pretty much an all-generations gamer and my all-time favourite consoles are the SNES and the Playstation line (the Genesis is in there somewhere).  Right now, I own a NES, SNES, Dreamcast, several of the Game Boys, Wii, Xbox 360, PS2, and PS3.  Oh, and a gaming computer.  I'm currently playing The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (YES I FINALLY GOT A COPY OF THE GAMECUBE VERSION), still poking around in Pokemon X (breeding), and I recently re-subscribed to Eve Online.  Spaceships~!

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2013, 11:16:47 AM »
ooh ohh ohh I am!

My parents introduced me to video games when I was really little, and I started playing the NES and N64 at a young age ^^

My parents are rather behind on the times these days however... they think PS2 games are still being made  :huh: and because of this I dont have any newer game consoles. Anything I can get on PC thats new I will, and if not I watch walkthroughs for them to get the experience.

My favorite series are pokemon, jak and daxter, spyro (original games), classic sonic, mario, professor layton, and my new love of ace attorney.

Now days I play Borderlands, Age of Empires, Animal Crossing, various RPGMaker games, and I watch a lot of walkthroughs of newer games that I can't play myself  :sad:
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2013, 12:03:12 PM »
I love to play video games but I seldom do. However when I do, its ALL i do for like 12 hours straight.
I like racing games, mortal Kombat, WOW and pokemon however I do not have a 3DS so I restared sapphire. I never finished it back when it was released. Figured now is as good as any time to complete it  ^.^

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 08:38:34 PM »
I love video games and grew up on them with my 2 older brothers, but I don't really consider myself a gamer... try telling people at PAX that you're not a gamer, I got some pretty funny responses!
We didn't get too many games but we were loyal to Nintendo so we've still got our Super Nintendo, N64, Gamecube, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, DS & Wii (haven't bothered with WiiU or 3DS yet)... we only recently got a Playstation 3, pretty crazy!

I used to play Pokemon and Zelda games a lot, but my all time favourite game is Harvest Moon for the snes (only had this as a rom) I loved that game so much! Yoshi Story and Yoshi Island too, and Smash Brothers of course!

I love racing and simulation games the best (used to be obsessed with Sims), but I barely play anything at all lately. I'm not really into shooters, especially not online multiplayer.

But you know what the weirdest thing is? I barely ever finish a game, I've never even finished a pokemon game, and I think I've only ever finished Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess when it comes to Zelda... I only got to the first boss in Skyward Sword. Sometimes I wonder if I just suck lol.

I definitely finished Portal, loved that! My oldest brother is a games designer, he's always encouraging me to play more but I just can't find the time, not even for Minecraft. :P

I played the original Animal Crossing too, paid off my loan and got that shiny statue... I haven't played any of the newer ones but I did visit my old village and was ridiculously happy to find my favourite penguin Cube still living there!  :lol:

And gosh I loved Pikmin, I actually finished that recently! When it was first released I played it like crazy and got to the final boss then just gave up... I finished it this year, it took me years to beat that damn boss! OMG

BUT I do watch a lot of Let's Plays on Youtube... Yogscast, Pewdiepie, GameGrumps, and BirgirPall are my favourites. Some people think it's weird to watch other people play video games, it's no weirder than watching a football match if you ask me.  ^.^

And I'll just shut up now haha  :blush:
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2013, 11:08:19 PM »
*raises hand* meeee! Ive always been into video games, mostly RPGs though I dont like shooting games. I love to play:
-Zelda
-Pokemon
-Okami
-Portal
-Little Big Planet
-Animal Crossing
-Fire Emblem
-Harvest Moon
-Kirby
-Final Fanstasy
-Kingdom Hearts
-Metroid
-SSB
-Spyro (older games, I dislike Skylanders)
-Soul Caliber
-Pacman

Im mostly a Nintendo fan, but for some reason I dont like Mario at all except Yoshi's Island. Wow, lol im such a nerd! Oh well hahaha at least im happy! =D Makeup, gossip, drama, news, clothing, religion, all of that stuff bores me. Id rather live in my fun carefree world of cartoon and video games! Ive literally always been like that my entire life. When my friends wanted to go to the mall, id rather go to walmart and spend my allowance either games or toys as a kid, into my teens, and even now!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 11:16:28 PM by Lightning Twirl »

AppleDash1

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2013, 01:52:04 AM »
I play Guild Wars 2 currently. I played WoW in the past but got tired of paying the monthly fees.

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2013, 02:00:58 AM »
*raises hand* Another gamer here! I play on a variety of consoles, usually Nintendo ones. I currently play:

* Pokemon
* The Legend of Zelda
* Metroid
* Kirby
* Fire Emblem
* Mario
* Dragon Warrior (The very first Dragon Quest game.)
* Spyro/ Legend of Spyro
* Okami
* Bookworm
* Petz 5
* Wii Fit
* The Harry Potter games for GBA/GBC/GC/Wii/PC (I own most of them on more than one console/system)
* Zoo Tycoon
* Solatorobo: Red the Hunter
* World of Goo
* Animal Crossing
* Pacman
* Machinarium
* PonyIsland

The sad thing is, I've completed very few games. >___>

Edit; Board games count too, right? I enjoy chess (my all-time favorite, my ponysona is chess-based) and Aggravation. ^^
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline Falconaitae

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2013, 06:52:13 AM »
and they say that there are no girls in video games ;P
Anyway I'm kinda game addict , for six years I was a slave of MMO Lineage  II, but I left it eventually . I like all games that allow for freedom and exploration ,turn based strategies, flight sims and rpgs . Currently playing XCOM Enemy unknown on ironman  mode, a bit of Sims 3 and Kerbal Space Program (awesome little gem , try it if you didn't already :) ) What I don't like is railroad shooters (COD, Mass Effect... ) and unnecessary displays of violence... note to game designers: you rather buy me with innovative gameplay than great graphics and "adult" themes :)
My pony blog
It's better to be a famous drunkard, than an anonymous alcoholic

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2013, 07:28:53 AM »
I've been playing World of Warcraft since the day one, and I still love it! I even met my boyfriend there.. 6 years ago!  :blink:

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2013, 08:37:19 AM »

I keep toying with playing the Star Trek Online game, but still haven't kept interest to get past the tutorial yet, even though I've had an account since its first week. It's free to play now, so every once in a while I patch the game and try again.

I play STO (well, played.  Since starting my M.S. I haven't had much time for it lately) and I can say that it gets much better after the tutorial. 

I love all of the Elder Scrolls game and have been spending most of my gaming time tooling around Skyrim.  I used to play Diablo I and II a lot, but I tried Diablo III but I just couldn't get into it.  I also like to revisit the NES and SNES from time to time: Super Mario Brothers 1 2 and 3, Super Mario World, Earthbound, Legend of Mana, Chronotrigger, Illusions of Gaia, Sailor Moon Another Story (on emulator).     
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2013, 11:18:11 AM »

I keep toying with playing the Star Trek Online game, but still haven't kept interest to get past the tutorial yet, even though I've had an account since its first week. It's free to play now, so every once in a while I patch the game and try again.

I play STO (well, played.  Since starting my M.S. I haven't had much time for it lately) and I can say that it gets much better after the tutorial.     

That's promising! I do love star trek with all my little heart.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2013, 05:46:35 AM »
I play Metal Gear Solid, Tomb Raider and Grand Theft Auto.  People are surprised when I tell them I play those games.  They say they never thought I'd play those types of games.  Guys especially are like  :shocked:

I do also like to play The Sims games.  I used to play on PC I think in the 90's when they first came out but I stopped after the expansion pack Making Magic.  I think I just lost interest and stuck to the games I had.  Eventually, when The Sims games moved to console I only played those.  I have The Sims 3 pets for PS3 and I want to play The Sims 3 for PS3 but I can't find it anywhere, I guess because it's been out for so long so I asked for it for Christmas.  The only thing I don't like is that the console versions have much less than the PC versions.  I get that the console versions wouldn't be able to have as much but since the disc is blu-ray it should be able to hold more than what the makers give.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 05:49:16 AM by Majesty »

Offline Rainbow Revolver

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • An actual dog!!
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2013, 03:08:14 AM »
Some of the first series I remember playing are Kirby, Legend of Zelda, and of course Pokemon lol. My favorite games of all time are LoZ: Ocarina of Time (my mom just bought a new copy for my N64 since I lost it years ago!) and BioShock, my friend and I are planning on cosplaying Splicers sometime. ;D

3DS Friend Code: 0619-4155-8870

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal