collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon X & Y, Part 2  (Read 43697 times)

ponygirl74

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pokemon X & Y, Part 2
« Reply #1020 on: October 20, 2014, 10:54:06 PM »
I am SOOOO close to getting my shiny charm. >.<

no one would happen to let me borrow for a very short SHORT period of time,
zapdose, lugia, ho-oh, latios, kyogre, groudon, rayquaza, dialga, palkia, and reshiram?

id just keep them in the pc and not even bother them, but i heard you have to have all of them, not just cataloged in the dex, in order to get the charm, and those are the last few i need. not counting the event pokemon.
What is this shiny charm people mention?

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #1021 on: October 20, 2014, 11:01:47 PM »
if you get every pokemon of the national dex, and talk to someone (i cant remember which route hes on off hand) hell reward you for completing your dex, he also rewards you for your kalos dexs too.

the shiny charm ups your chances of finding shiny pokemon around the world. :)
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Moonracer

« Reply #1022 on: October 21, 2014, 03:54:40 AM »
Added ponygirl74, Icecrystalline, Aitsuki, Moonbeamstar, aluke, Dazzlekitty, Sourdoughstomper and MilkyTaroMochi. :D

Moonracer

Re: Shiny Gengar at Gamestop
« Reply #1023 on: October 21, 2014, 03:57:24 AM »
Me neither but that's only because we don't have Gamestops here...  :cry:

The closest ones are in Sweden unfortunatelly.  :huh:

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: October 21, 2014, 05:21:35 AM »
Oooh, I didn't know about this.  I'll have to try and go get one later.  I don't have any shiny Pokemon yet!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: October 21, 2014, 06:03:14 AM »
I work near a gamestop now, so I stopped in on release day after work. I'm not sure if all stores had the same policy, but apparently each person can get a maximum of five of the cards for Gengar, and the guy said you would be surprised at how many people were getting all five, (I only picked up two, one for each game lol). I'm can swing back by and see if they have any left if there is anyone here that can't get one at their local store.

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #1026 on: October 21, 2014, 06:32:00 AM »
I got mine the other day!!!!! Perfect for Halloween! Just go to any gamestop and they give you a card with a secret code on it! You just go home, turn your wifi on, and get him via Mystery Gift with code. Convenient! He comes n a dusk ball instead of the red event ball, I thought that was weird.

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: October 21, 2014, 06:48:54 AM »
One of my sisters was able to get one for me and my sis TwistedRiver. She went to two different gamestops to snag them for us since it's a limit of one per person. I wish I could have gotten one more for a friend... thankfully I don't think it's a pokemon they wanted too badly.

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: October 21, 2014, 07:32:19 AM »
I have been meaning to get one but keep forgetting about it. Maybe mine will still have some tomorrow? I kinda do like going to my nearest Gamestop due to some of the employees.

I really wanna get the Diancie code that comes out next week.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #1029 on: October 21, 2014, 07:44:35 AM »
I am SOOOO close to getting my shiny charm. >.<

no one would happen to let me borrow for a very short SHORT period of time,
zapdose, lugia, ho-oh, latios, kyogre, groudon, rayquaza, dialga, palkia, and reshiram?

id just keep them in the pc and not even bother them, but i heard you have to have all of them, not just cataloged in the dex, in order to get the charm, and those are the last few i need. not counting the event pokemon.

You don't. You just have to have them in the dex. I didn't have them all at once (I borrowed hubby and BIL's and sent them back immediately) and got the charm no problem. That said, I think I have all those ones I could let you borrow to get your charm. I won't be on until later though. Oh, and you go to the pokemon lab and see the professor to get your charms.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Prideth

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Rainbow Sparkle Pony Power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: October 21, 2014, 07:51:29 AM »
How does the shiny Gengar at gamestop work?  Do you have to bring in your DS and have a haunter to trade or... do you just walk in, ask for the card, and take it home?  I've never done any of this before!   :lol:

Wishlist    Trade  Prideth Reference Sheet

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #1031 on: October 21, 2014, 07:53:56 AM »
Walk in, ask for the card, take it home, follow the instructions on the card. Easy peasy really. I like this way much better than hovering around in Gamestop with my DS.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: October 21, 2014, 07:56:31 AM »
This question isn't related to X/Y as much as just any previous Pokemon games. (I've only had X.)

A few months ago, I started watching the anime again.  I had seen Indigo and Orange Island episodes back when they were brand new and didn't watch any more until a few months ago.

These Pokemon Contests look like fun. Do they exist in games? If so, are they as fun in the games as they are in the show?
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: October 21, 2014, 08:09:26 AM »
This question isn't related to X/Y as much as just any previous Pokemon games. (I've only had X.)

A few months ago, I started watching the anime again.  I had seen Indigo and Orange Island episodes back when they were brand new and didn't watch any more until a few months ago.

These Pokemon Contests look like fun. Do they exist in games? If so, are they as fun in the games as they are in the show?
There were Pokemon Contests in the gen 3 games and they're going to be returning in the remakes. I skipped the 3rd gen as far as games go, so I'm not sure how fun they were. My fiance says they were dumb, but... I dunno.  :lol: I'm sure someone else can answer that part for you.

Most games since then have had some sort of "contest" element, though. I know in the gen 4 games, there was the Super Contest, and in Soul Silver and Heart Gold they had the Pokeathlon which is probably my favorite sort of contest from any game.
Instagram / Want List

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: October 21, 2014, 01:43:30 PM »
Added ponygirl74, Icecrystalline, Aitsuki, Moonbeamstar, aluke, Dazzlekitty, Sourdoughstomper and MilkyTaroMochi. :D

Added you as well.  :)

Like MoonbeamStar said, contests were in the Hoenn and Sinnoh games.

They are absolutely nothing like the anime. I don't think I can summarize how they work as well as Serebii, so I'll drop these links for you (It's okay to link to Serebii right? I don't think there is any content that contradicts the arena rules):

Hoenn: http://www.serebii.net/rubysapphire/contests.shtml

Sinnoh: http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/contest.shtml

Personally, I don't think they're that great. It's fun the first time around, and I like the idea of earning ribbons for your Pokemon, but it gets repetitive and boring really fast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal