collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "My Little Brony" bashes one of our own.  (Read 3631 times)

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: "My Little Brony" bashes one of our own.
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2013, 02:24:19 PM »
Doesn't MLB and sites like it have a history of uploading art without credit? I can't say I'm surprised that this turned up uncredited as well.

Since it's considered a parody of the original, to them it qualifies as "fair use", and some probably feel they don't need to.
Are you sure about that? I was under the impression that a parody needed to be more than just a one-line commentary on the original.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2013, 07:38:00 PM »
Is this any different than when people here bash those bedazzled custom ponies on taobao?

Nope. Not even a little bit. The only difference is that the people here know who made this one, so it's suddenly a bad thing. If the people making the customs on Taobao found the things forum members are saying here and objected, the site would collapse under the weight of people trying to backpedal and insist that that's not what they meant, we're the "nice" community.

-Tabby
the princess with claws

I don't mind those bedazzled ponies but do those really count as traditional customs though? I thought they were being made en masse (and by several people) to be stuck to phones? Like they just "bedazzle" a lot of different things (not only ponies) to be used as phone accessories...

Offline DonkeyGrl2002

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+78)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2013, 08:45:43 PM »
Very awesome custom - I have one of hers  :satisfied:   As far as the people posting that way - It is a shame people have nothing better to do....ridiculous.  :(

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2013, 09:28:43 PM »
Im thinking it Would it be fun to join the site and start posting all kinds of pictures of G1s and other Generations. I may do so and add my bushwoolie kids to my profile just to see how much hate I get. I could so be a person on there that would just drive some of those people nuts with non stop talk of my pony love and bragging.  :biggrin:
Her art is love! 
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2013, 10:11:40 PM »
I don't even get the stupid comment.  Oh no- hell is so filled with rainbow ponies that they're escaping onto the mortal plane!   So scary  :freak:   :brow:   Man, the Diablo III level with my little ponies is just killer.  I didn't sleep for two days straight after being tormented with it.

Anyway...

I can't stand those who have nothing better to do than tear down other people.  Why don't they go and make something beautiful themselves instead of ripping on a custom that was obviously made with a lot of care.  If it doesn't fit their taste- fine. Go make something that speaks to you.  My conclusion: they waste their time ragging on G3 customizers because they don't have the talent to make anything themselves.  Either that or they're just lazy.
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline assassin_kitty

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2013, 11:36:42 PM »
Just wanted to thank everyone for supporting me in this, you guys are amazing! And thanks to sd_dreamcrystal  wouldn't have known about this if you hadn't PM'd me!
I am currently awaiting a reply from the take down notice that I sent to cheezburger as this user definitely did not get my permission to use the image.
However as far as critiques go I'm always open to hearing them, I think you have to be if you are posting any sort of artwork online. Although not liking a custom simply because of the generation is immature, if you don't like a custom because of your personal preferences that's fine even I'm not keen on this one it's not a colour scheme I would have chosen but my commissioner did and they loved it and that is the most important thing to me! And on a side note if your going to critique an artists work it's perhaps wiser to choose something more recent rather than in this case a custom I made 4 years ago, my style has changed a lot since then.

Anyway I'll keep you all posted with any updates i get from them and hopefully this should be removed soon. And again I really want to thank you all for your support and kind comments I really appreciate it!

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2013, 11:44:42 PM »
Im thinking it Would it be fun to join the site and start posting all kinds of pictures of G1s and other Generations. I may do so and add my bushwoolie kids to my profile just to see how much hate I get. I could so be a person on there that would just drive some of those people nuts with non stop talk of my pony love and bragging.  :biggrin:
Her art is love!

TROLL!!!! :bolt: lol :)
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2013, 12:30:45 AM »
I don't think the point is that it is an earlier gen so much as it is very "raver". And while I like the style I know there are a lot of people who hate EDM/dubstep and will bash anything to do with it.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2013, 12:57:04 AM »
Her art is love!

TROLL!!!! :bolt: lol :)

Haha that would be fun but won't work because they don't post every submission to the site, it has to go through mods who decide what does or does not get posted.

I've submitted several images to that place but only one ever made it to being posted. I was very proud when my pic 'made the cut' though. XD (It was a joke about Twilight Sparkle eating a burger in Equestria Girls... uh, aren't cows talking, intelligent beings in Equestria? Oops. >.> )
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline assassin_kitty

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2013, 01:11:02 AM »
I don't think the point is that it is an earlier gen so much as it is very "raver". And while I like the style I know there are a lot of people who hate EDM/dubstep and will bash anything to do with it.

Surely that falls under a personal preference issue though? If I saw a custom I didn't like because of the genre/theme of the custom there is no way I would feel the need to bash the maker in such a way.
I'm just glad this happened to me rather than someone who would be offended and perhaps consider quitting because of what they have said, I know I would have taken this a lot worse if it had happened when I first started customising.

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2013, 01:41:41 AM »
Her art is love! 
I believe the stuff posted on the site is voted on by the community and mods before it gets posted...so if the other people don't want it posted, it won't be. :/

Surely that falls under a personal preference issue though? If I saw a custom I didn't like because of the genre/theme of the custom there is no way I would feel the need to bash the maker in such a way.
I'm just glad this happened to me rather than someone who would be offended and perhaps consider quitting because of what they have said, I know I would have taken this a lot worse if it had happened when I first started customising.

On Cheezburger, most of the people there will bash ANYTHING they don't like, horribly. Pony fans post on other parts of the site, and people start calling them horrible derogatory names, Pokemon will get posted on another part of the site and there will be tons of comments like "God stop with the Pokemon ****, you people are too ****old!" and wars will ensue. I see it all the time. People are just like this there, it's all trolls, and jerks, with some good people thrown in...but I go there mostly to see funny images and end up reading the comments kind of just to rage internally.

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2013, 03:10:47 AM »
That really sounds like a horrible site to be on than  :shocked: Im sorry That anyones work would get bashed. And your right its not a place to waste my time on. Just the thought of driving people that is hateful crazy is funny enough for me though. Kill them with kindness lol. I hope this picture gets taken down real soon.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 03:12:35 AM by Tiffymh1fan »
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2013, 03:14:59 AM »
That really sounds like a horrible site to be on than  :shocked: Im sorry That anyones work would get bashed. And your right its not a place to waste my time on. Just the though of driving them crazy is funny enough for me though. I hope this picture gets taken down real soon.

It's a fun site, but that's a side effect of it being a site with contributions by whoever submits stuff, and whatever gets approved. I just do my best to ignore the stuff I don't like and doesn't interest me. MLB is usually very funny, to me anyway.

And Assassin Kitty, I just gotta say you are being so awesome about this! Your custom is the center of attention in this debate but you're the calmest person in this thread! XD Major kudos.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2013, 03:19:52 AM »
To be honest, this particular custom is definitely not my cup of tea, but there is still no reason to go around bashing it like that. Everyone has their preferences!

You make awesome customs, assassin_kitty and I'm glad you didn't let these jerk-faces ruin your day or get away with stealing your picture! ^-^

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2013, 08:14:59 AM »

I have to say you are being so cool about this. Not only are your customs inspiring but your attitude is as well.  I hope that you will be successful getting your picture taken down from cheezeburger, but the fact is, because of your awesome attitude you have already won. :ohyeah: 
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal