collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbro, why you no give us AJ and Rarity Crystal Keychain!?  (Read 5834 times)

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro, why you no give us AJ and Rarity Crystal Keychain!?
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2014, 06:59:58 AM »
I found a few AJs at a TRU I had never been to, but no Raritys. I really want a couple of Raritys. :(

Same one of my local TRU had one Applejack but she only had one eye >.>

There was a ton of Pinkie Pie's. Hopefully they'll restock. :D
~Foxtale~

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2014, 06:17:47 PM »
I felt it should be noted in this thread that there will be metallic keychains at some point instead.

And you know, here's this theory I had: the reason nobody can seem to find Rarity and Applejack at this point is that they didn't make any more. The ones that showed up in stores were the exact ones made in 2011 before Hasbro decided against releasing them. Then Hasbro decided to make some metallic keychains, and on the way there, noticed a bunch of crystal ones lying around and stuck them in cases for a one-off release.

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2014, 06:35:14 PM »
I felt it should be noted in this thread that there will be metallic keychains at some point instead.

And you know, here's this theory I had: the reason nobody can seem to find Rarity and Applejack at this point is that they didn't make any more. The ones that showed up in stores were the exact ones made in 2011 before Hasbro decided against releasing them. Then Hasbro decided to make some metallic keychains, and on the way there, noticed a bunch of crystal ones lying around and stuck them in cases for a one-off release.

Wow! And here I was thinking of selling mine...holding onto them now <3
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2014, 06:49:00 PM »
I found some today on my TRU :)

if anyone wants a set Pm Me :) 
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2014, 08:10:33 PM »

Except these weren't made by Hasbro. They're licensed by a company called Basic Fun.

They weren't made a long time ago, either, or they wouldn't have the current Rainbow Power themed packaging. I think the reason AJ & Rarity are harder to find is a combination of two things. First off, I don't think that the stores are ordering too many of these now because they still have plenty of the Pinkie and Rainbow Dash ones, which are the same to them (same stock number) since they're part of an assortment. They'll see they still have x number of them in stock and won't order more. The second problem is eBay scalpers. I've been seeing the AJ and Rarity keychains pretty regularly on eBay and they're always for ridiculously high BIN amounts. I think the combination of there not being many stocked in the first place and the eBay scalpers is making these really hard to find.

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2014, 09:33:40 PM »
Well, s/Hasbro/Basic Fun/ then. :P And the packaging doesn't need to have been made at the same time as the figures. Can't find too many such listings in eBay, or at least not in 2014, but I may be using the wrong search. They're definitely scalper fare, tho. I bought two pairs for a reason.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2014, 11:08:39 PM »

How much are you selling them for? I can't seem to find them :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2014, 06:18:24 AM »

How much are you selling them for? I can't seem to find them :(
. I will let you know if I find more . Sold them .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2014, 06:37:16 AM »
Are these still hft? We've had them all her since before Christmas. I can look and see if they are still there. I think they were BOGO last time I was in...

pallas

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2014, 09:03:46 PM »
I just saw them at my local TRU.  I think there were 2 Rarity and 1 AJ. 

Edit:  Just got a couple requests to check and see if they are still there. 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 12:02:58 PM by pallas »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2014, 05:23:19 PM »

Except these weren't made by Hasbro. They're licensed by a company called Basic Fun.

They weren't made a long time ago, either, or they wouldn't have the current Rainbow Power themed packaging. I think the reason AJ & Rarity are harder to find is a combination of two things. First off, I don't think that the stores are ordering too many of these now because they still have plenty of the Pinkie and Rainbow Dash ones, which are the same to them (same stock number) since they're part of an assortment. They'll see they still have x number of them in stock and won't order more. The second problem is eBay scalpers. I've been seeing the AJ and Rarity keychains pretty regularly on eBay and they're always for ridiculously high BIN amounts. I think the combination of there not being many stocked in the first place and the eBay scalpers is making these really hard to find.

Yeah; I reckon the assortment, same product number are probably largely to blame as well. Its something we see a lot with regular ponies of course so its not surprising if it stretches into merch as well.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2014, 06:48:10 PM »
I'd find the same product number line more convincing if the original RD and PP keychains had been in stock anytime in the last year or two before the Rainbow Power ones came out.

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2014, 02:40:23 PM »
If someone finds a Rarity, could they please PM me?

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

KahRistAhn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2014, 05:34:10 PM »

Noooo!!! I really hope that isn't true...I must have the beautiful CRYSTAL Rarity. I don't like the metallic ones. :(

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2014, 08:05:37 AM »
I'd find the same product number line more convincing if the original RD and PP keychains had been in stock anytime in the last year or two before the Rainbow Power ones came out.

Unless they were really poor sellers and never got picked up from DCs by stores.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal