collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: FYI About Brazil Baby Cuddles currently on Ebay....  (Read 1016 times)

Offline Prixton

• Trade Count: (+356)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
FYI About Brazil Baby Cuddles currently on Ebay....
« on: November 10, 2013, 02:37:14 PM »
I just wanted you guys to know: I recognize the Brazil Baby Cuddles currently on Ebay; she used to be part of my collection but I sold her several years ago. She has been rehaired with donor G1 MLP hair, so her hair is neither original nor Brazilian (and Brazilians do have a distinct kind of hair). I have messaged the seller and requested that she add this info to her listing, but I'm not sure if she will, and I wanted the community to just be aware of that tidbit, just in case...

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: FYI About Brazil Baby Cuddles currently on Ebay....
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 02:54:11 PM »
Yeek! Are you comfortable saying the seller's name? If they don't add that, I'm not sure I want to deal with them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Prixton

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 02:59:57 PM »
I think they've got the only Brazil baby cuddles on Ebay currently, *BUT* let's not be too hasty; I only sent her a message about an hour ago so she probably hasn't even read it yet. Hopefully she will add the info ASAP :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 03:05:22 PM by Prixton »

Offline Prixton

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 03:52:58 PM »
So, the seller has taken the listing down. I'm not sure if she will relist or not, she expressed her disappointment that she was not informed when buying her (I have to assume she's changed hands a few times; I know I disclosed the information when I sold her).

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 05:10:31 AM »
So, the seller has taken the listing down. I'm not sure if she will relist or not, she expressed her disappointment that she was not informed when buying her (I have to assume she's changed hands a few times; I know I disclosed the information when I sold her).

Glad to hear that the seller pulled the auction. That's a bad situation (for an unsuspecting buyer OR seller!) & unfortunately it happens quite often because a "repaired" pony can change hands several times. :huh: I found quite a few ponies in my collection that I had for years before discovering they were rehairs, and I'm 100% sure I was not told when I bought them.  I've started marking the hooves of every rehair that comes through my hands so that if it will be sold in the future, any buyers down the line will know what they're getting.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 06:21:46 AM »

Glad to hear that the seller pulled the auction. That's a bad situation (for an unsuspecting buyer OR seller!) & unfortunately it happens quite often because a "repaired" pony can change hands several times. :huh: I found quite a few ponies in my collection that I had for years before discovering they were rehairs, and I'm 100% sure I was not told when I bought them.  I've started marking the hooves of every rehair that comes through my hands so that if it will be sold in the future, any buyers down the line will know what they're getting.

Exactly! This, This, This is why rehairs need to be MARKED. It is s easy for a pony to change hands and for people not to know it was a rehair.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 05:30:34 AM »
Thank you for the heads up on this Prixton :)

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 12:11:48 PM »

Good to know that she was receptive to your feedback.  I had a similar situation a few years ago while trying to research my wedding dress before reselling it, and discovered someone selling the same one on Etsy as "vintage", when in actuality it was only about 5 years old.  Thankfully, my seller reacted similarly - disappointed that she had been conned into thinking it was from the 60's, and saddened for the woman who had bought it from her thinking the same thing - but I could totally see a seller getting very defensive over this kind of situation.

Offline Prixton

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 03:54:26 PM »
I feel bad for not marking her now :blush: I will now if I have any ponies rehaired in the future.

Offline amazonarabian

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 02:56:24 AM »
This may be a silly question or one for a different topic, but what is the most used or most recognized method of marking a pony as a rehair?  I mean, should it have initials of the rehairer or  "RH" or just a dot on a hoof? Is it a certain hoof, like tipping feral cat ears to distinguish the spayed vs intact?  Is there a method or marking that is easily recognized by the collecting community?
I would love more information on this!
Thank you, brightberry, for my lovely avi.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 05:40:07 AM »
People usually write either RH or rehair under a hoof :) it doesn't matter which hoof though.

Don't beat yourself up Prixton, I did mark some of my early rehairs properly.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal