collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: McBooks are wonderful... but where are our McPonies?  (Read 1528 times)

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
Re: McBooks are wonderful... but where are our McPonies?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2013, 07:49:15 AM »
Maybe we'll get some MLP books though? That could be cute?
that would be awesome :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Tirac

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2013, 08:09:43 AM »
Wait... they're going with just books?
I like books, but there's sadly not going to be much of a market. Children don't usually care for books anymore from what I've seen. I work at a library and 90% of the time when parents insist on taking their children, the parents end up picking books while the kids scream and fight over the computer.

It'd be cool to see ponies at Mc Donalds again. I have a friend who works there O.O He might hook me up with some discounted ponies.

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2013, 08:12:00 AM »
MLP Books would be even better than McPonies!!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2013, 08:19:52 AM »
Bill Hicks "what you reading for?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soAzWY9-VHE

Apologies to anyone who lives in the South/Nashville/USA!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 08:21:36 AM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2013, 12:34:20 PM »
I like books, but there's sadly not going to be much of a market. Children don't usually care for books anymore from what I've seen. I work at a library and 90% of the time when parents insist on taking their children, the parents end up picking books while the kids scream and fight over the computer.

It'd be cool to see ponies at Mc Donalds again. I have a friend who works there O.O He might hook me up with some discounted ponies.
Odd that's different here, I also work at a library and a lot of the kids actually like to read, and we even have young kids who want library cards so they can check out books.

With that said though I foresee a lot of those books maybe getting dumped into libraries that take donations and most likely those books will go into book sales. I don't know really, the books might be a good idea but certainly I wouldn't have wanted them as a kid xD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Tirac

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2013, 01:21:32 PM »

Odd that's different here, I also work at a library and a lot of the kids actually like to read, and we even have young kids who want library cards so they can check out books.

With that said though I foresee a lot of those books maybe getting dumped into libraries that take donations and most likely those books will go into book sales. I don't know really, the books might be a good idea but certainly I wouldn't have wanted them as a kid xD
It might be because of how rich everyone is here. Most kids have their own apple device by age 6 and the kids that DO read have their own kindle or something. I dunno. Same reason why there is a lack of toy sales here. Kids just are of a different breed.

Yeah. They'll definitely flood donation drives, just like how Mc Donalds toys usually flood thrift store toy sections.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2013, 10:42:22 PM »
I'm pretty certain UK skipped over ponies entirely to go with these books. That or Skylanders, we skipped both series... Has anyone heard anything about the UK getting ponies at all? :(

As for books at McDonalds, I'm personally not keen on the idea, but that's just me. I went to McD's for a treat when I was a kid, I really would have hated to have had more 'educational choices' thrown at me after a long day at school. I was already good at English and reading though, so perhaps I'm biased.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Draikinator

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2013, 11:27:02 PM »
I'm pretty certain UK skipped over ponies entirely to go with these books. That or Skylanders, we skipped both series... Has anyone heard anything about the UK getting ponies at all? :(

As for books at McDonalds, I'm personally not keen on the idea, but that's just me. I went to McD's for a treat when I was a kid, I really would have hated to have had more 'educational choices' thrown at me after a long day at school. I was already good at English and reading though, so perhaps I'm biased.

From what I'm told, it's less of an issue in the UK, but in america... er... well, we have some issues with mcdonalds. A lot of people (and their children) eat there exclusively.
The toys are a bit of a hot debate lately because a lot of different fast food joints are discussing removing them because, well. Kids want to go get mcdonalds because of cute toys and that food is terrible for them. And a lot fo people think we shouldn't market unhealthy lifestyle choices so heavily to kids. Like how you can't advertise cigarettes with cartoons anymore.
-Want to buy those squishy Russian "Plush Apple" brand toys, especially the shining armor/cadence set. also the russian chupa chups vinyl scratch.-

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2013, 03:59:30 AM »
I heard that they are going to stop toys altogether and go with the books. I'm just fine with that, but I'm a bibliophile so I'm a little biased!

Me too! It's a neat idea to have books instead of toys. That having been said, I would like a new line of McPonies to enjoy.

Um... Pony McBooks, maybe? :P
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal