collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Equestria Girls Cheerleader set with Luna--wingless?  (Read 838 times)

Offline MANIMAL!

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Equestria Girls Cheerleader set with Luna--wingless?
« on: October 25, 2013, 01:11:58 PM »
I've seen this at the store, and it looks like Rainbow Dash is the only one with wings. . . AHEM! I see two more winged characters, and no wings for this. I believe this might be the case with the Twilight and Sunset Shimmer set. Does anyone have these sets? Are the wings hidden somewhere, or is Hasbro really so cheap that they wanna charge people an arm and a leg for these and skimp out on the super-cheap plastic wings?

Offline silverdragon54

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Equestria Girls Cheerleader set with Luna--wingless?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 02:14:02 PM »
I haven't seen the cheerleader pack yet, but I bought the Sunset/Twilight pack. Twilight has her wings in that one. :)
Will make custom plushie for MIB Fashion Style Applejack. PM for details!

See my pony art here!
My items for trade
My wanted list
My plushies!, Handmade plushies for sale!

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 03:10:57 PM »
The wings in all of the EQG sets are kinda mixed up. I'm gonna rant about it under this nice spoiler break because the subject really irritates me.

Spoiler
The three basic dolls that come with pixie wings - Twilight gets blue, Rainbow gets yellow, and Fluttershy gets pinky-purple. You need to swap them around to get Rainbow to have blue, Fluttershy yellow, and Twilight the purplish.

Then Doll&Pony Twilight comes with blue eagle wings that look best on deluxe Dash, deluxe Dash comes with gold eagle wings that look best on deluxe Fluttershy, and deluxe Fluttershy can come with bright purple butterfly wings that look good on Twilight.

Deluxe Fluttershy can also come with variant clear-white butterfly wings that look good on Celestia, better than the pale pink butterfly wings Celestia is actually packaged with. I don't have Luna yet so I haven't tested it, but I think the three princesses might look acceptable with butterfly wings if you gave Celestia white, Twilight pink, and Luna purple.

And super long hair Rainbow Dash comes with one set of gold eagle wings that don't match her skin tone.

At least the Rainbow Rocks line looks to have been planned a little better. The stock images have basic Twilight with matching indigo pixie wings and deluxe Dash with the correct blue pixie wings. Except there's also a basic Dash with yellow pixie wings again??? Guys, please, get it together... :mad:

The Twilight & Sunset double pack only comes with one set of gold eagle wings, which would match Sunset, except she's not a princess.

The Pep Rally pack only comes with one set of blue eagle wings, which matches Dash, but leaves the other two winged girls (Luna and Fluttershy) lacking. :huh: Shaking my head at Hasbro's decision making on the subject of accessories...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 03:13:03 PM by prancingstag »

Offline MANIMAL!

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 03:40:00 PM »
Nuts! Do you have pictures? I hate the pixie wings. They're more like punishment wings. Punishment because we're MLP fans and Hasbro seems to think that merits punishment. I wish they would make us a QUALITY collectors line like MattyCollector does for MOTU and DC. They're frustrating too, but at least they listen! Okay, post pictures! I need to see them!

Post Merge: October 25, 2013, 03:50:07 PM

Also, is there a place to plug wings in on Luna's back?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 03:50:07 PM by MANIMAL! »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 09:59:55 AM »
Well Sunset Shimmer would not need wings so it makes sense that that pack only has the one set of wings for Twilight. But yes unfortunately colour and shape of a lot of them is oddly confused.

There are a lot of colour mix and match accessories in the EQG line; between wings and boots, etc. Sometimes I cant decide if Hasbro do it to torment us or they just dont realise how frustrating it is.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MANIMAL!

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 01:42:52 PM »
Well, doesn't she need bat wings?

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 05:37:01 PM »
They shouldn't have their wings during this part of the movie but they really shouldn't have pony ears either.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 05:54:51 PM »
They shouldn't have their wings during this part of the movie but they really shouldn't have pony ears either.

All of the dolls are based on the "super forms" at the movie's finale. Everybody gets ears and hair-tails, and everybody has a plug in the back to accommodate wings, regardless of what their species is and whether they were shown in the movie with ears/tails/wings or not.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 11:30:04 PM »

All of the dolls are based on the "super forms" at the movie's finale. Everybody gets ears and hair-tails, and everybody has a plug in the back to accommodate wings, regardless of what their species is and whether they were shown in the movie with ears/tails/wings or not.

Oh I know that. I just felt it was a weird choice to do the pep rally dolls when pretty much nothing else from the doll line matches the movie.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 12:33:11 AM »
My kids are also frustrated the wings don't match. But I'm not buying any more dolls just so they can have matching wings. :huh:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal