collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Collecting - Got to have them all  (Read 446 times)

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Collecting - Got to have them all
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2013, 10:14:35 AM »
It's funny that you should mention Ariel/Little Mermaid in your first post...I am also an Ariel collector and it's perhaps the one collection that I am pickiest about what joins it.  It is fairly small, especially considering how much stuff is out there, and that's actually part of why it is so small.  If it joins my Ariel collection, it must either be very good quality, unusual or unique, or giving off that warm, fuzzy nostalgia feeling (Little Mermaid was my first Disney movie and I've loved Ariel since kindergarten, though I didn't have much Ariel stuff at that age). 

That's how I am now actually, in regards to being picky. My collection is pretty large. I have pretty much  been acquiring Ariel stuff for the last 24 years (WOW hard to believe the film is that old). I was 9years old the year it came out (1989). So overtime I've amassed a LOT of stuff both on my own and what people would buy for me (Christmas, birthday, etc). Now days though, it has to be something uniquely different, from things I already have for the most part for me to buy it, or be something special.

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2013, 10:39:34 AM »
Depends!

My first major collection was pokemon and most people in the community I belonged to, including myself, focused on one (or a few) specific pokemon/pokemon line as opposed to pokemon as a whole. Not only because pokemon has a massive, MASSIVE amount of merchandise for it, but because it's fun to focus on your favourites. In those cases I was definitely a completionist collector but only for the 'mons I focused on.

I sort of do that with ponies. I collect G4 Rarity and want to have at least one of all her unique "3D items" (so not stickers or anything like that) and trading cards, and also certain sets of G1s instead of all G1s. But the more G1s I get, the more I fall in love with them and want them ALL.

I also collect anime/video game figures but I'm far more selective with those. Some series I like have tons and tons of merchandise, a lot of it very expensive. I'd rather just have two or three high quality pieces than thousands of little trading figs haha.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2013, 10:43:54 AM »
Pokémon. But unlike 98% of Pokémon collectors, I collect everything. Favorites take priority of course (Absol, Blastoise, Shinx, etc.), but I love that series so much that there's no character out there that I'll pass up an item of if I can afford it.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal