collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Urgent Baby Pony ID Needed  (Read 1903 times)

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: My little Fakie
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 12:21:11 AM »
if i remember correctly, you didn't know she was a fakie when you bid on her. But we would need o know how exactly she was listed and described in order to help you :)

do you have a link to that auction?
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Tinks

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 12:50:58 AM »
What wrong with her? I'm not a fakie collector so I'm not sure how these are to look tbh.

If your gonna ask for a part refund you need to be sure that the seller made a mistake on their listing.
For example, Did they say it was in excellent condition and then when it arrived it had pen marks, cuts hair ect. You know, something that you can't tell in the photos that they provided?

I have recently bought a pony from eBay, it was great condition and she looks gorgeous on the photos and I fell in love. When I won the bid the seller then emailed me and said there was a big pen mark on the NDS shown and that it was missed from the listing.  :( The seller kindly offered a full refund but I still really wanted this girl so they are going to give me a part refund. Which is really good of them to do. :)

I think people are going to be ok to do this for you but only if the mistake is on their part and they have not giving you all the correct info. So just double check what they said. Do you have the link to the bid?

Hope all goes well xxx
802 and counting........

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 01:24:27 AM »
Ahem... I have seen the original thread and no, I do NOT think it's fair to ask for a partial refund in this case if the only reason is that she's a fakie. Depending on how she was listed she might pass for a misrepresented item, but you knew she was fake before the auction ended, right? You could have acted then if you didn't want to "lose out on postage." Or was there really something wrong with the subesquent transaction? Plus, even if you do ask for a partial refund, remember the seller is in no way obliged to give you one.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 01:31:49 AM by mul-ta »

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2013, 01:27:37 AM »
Um... possibly the seller didn't know it was a fakie?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2013, 01:34:15 AM »
Yeah- that's not too cool of you, you definitely knew it was a fakie by the end of the auction -  someone suggested you let the seller know BEFORE she mailed it to you and you said you were going to keep her instead. 

Sky Wishes

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2013, 01:41:50 AM »
she looks nothing like the pici and she was listed as mlp, she fluorescent orange with fluorescent cherry pink hair

Offline spottedslug

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2013, 01:42:45 AM »
You knew she wasn't an MLP... I just went and read the other thread. You should have asked about her before you bid.

Sky Wishes

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2013, 01:47:06 AM »
I did try doing something about it before the auction ended but seeing as the was only minuets left there was nothing that could be done. as for her listing all it said was
"hi there thank you for taking the time to look at my auction this is for my little ponys."

Post Merge: November 04, 2013, 01:49:49 AM

She was listed as a My Little Pony and i paid £5 ($7.97) for it!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 01:49:49 AM by Sky Wishes »

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2013, 01:53:23 AM »
Regardless, you paid and never contacted the seller, even though you knew she was a fakie.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2013, 02:00:36 AM »
I did try doing something about it before the auction ended but seeing as the was only minuets left there was nothing that could be done. as for her listing all it said was
"hi there thank you for taking the time to look at my auction this is for my little ponys."

Post Merge: November 04, 2013, 01:49:49 AM

She was listed as a My Little Pony and i paid £5 ($7.97) for it!

Yes but you knew it was a fakie BEFORE she mailed it to you- you had decided you wanted it.  So now the seller has to pay the price of you changing your mind?  The seller might not have known the difference- but your posts make it look like you are trying to take advantage of the situation.

From your other thread http://mlparena.com/index.php?action=post;quote=994825;topic=343510.0  :

:facepalm: Would you blooming believe it I had the winning bid at £5.00. Any other baby pony I bid on i loose but oh no not this time, this time my bids get pushed to the max and I end up winning a fakie  :throw:
 Great idea about reporting as not being a my little pony, once it gets here i may just do that thanks :think:

If you are planning on reporting it not as a MLP I cant help but think it may be fairer to do that before the seller ships. And also it saves you the hassle and cost of having to ship it back to the seller if you open an ebay claim.

There are tonnes of fakies or non Hasbro ponies listed on ebay under the "MLP" banner; yes some of that is deliberately misleading but to be honest I think you find for the majority of the time its unintentional and plenty of people who are not collectors just dump all plastic coloured ponies into the My Little Pony mantle.

To be honest Ive thought about and it reminds me of Cherries jubilie which was one of my regular fave's so i shall probably keep and just msg the seller informing her, once it arrives.  :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 02:02:12 AM by Galactica »

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2013, 02:03:42 AM »
^ What I was trying to say.

Sky Wishes

Re: Urgent Baby Pony ID Needed
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2013, 02:26:47 AM »
Well its solved now i politey sent her a msg explaining the its a fakie & asked for a partial, she apologised & offered a full refund. I dont whether you get P&p costs in the refund but i tod her to worry about that.

Offline spottedslug

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2013, 05:39:18 AM »
I feel bad for the seller.

The seller probably thought they had a My Little Pony and listed it as such. Non collectors tend to call all colorful pony toys "My Little Pony." So basically, you didn't know what it was but you bid anyway. You found out it was a fakie and decided you were OK with that... you said so! Now it has arrived and you have changed your mind and asked to be refunded?? I hope you will at least send the seller their toy back (with a nicely worded apology) so they can sell it again to recoup the fees they paid because you didn't do proper research before entering your bid, failed to contact the seller BEFORE they shipped after you knew that it wasn't MLP, and then asked for a refund because you decided you didn't like it once it was in hand.

I'm not sure what to think here. :huh: :(

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2013, 06:06:14 AM »
I feel bad for the seller.

The seller probably thought they had a My Little Pony and listed it as such. Non collectors tend to call all colorful pony toys "My Little Pony." So basically, you didn't know what it was but you bid anyway. You found out it was a fakie and decided you were OK with that... you said so! Now it has arrived and you have changed your mind and asked to be refunded?? I hope you will at least send the seller their toy back (with a nicely worded apology) so they can sell it again to recoup the fees they paid because you didn't do proper research before entering your bid, failed to contact the seller BEFORE they shipped after you knew that it wasn't MLP, and then asked for a refund because you decided you didn't like it once it was in hand.

I'm not sure what to think here. :huh: :(

Exactly this-  seriously not cool what you did.  I hope you send the pony back- but your actions to date have not exactly labeled you as a good trader, so I wouldn't be surprised if you did not.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2013, 06:10:15 AM »
I also can't help but feel bad for the seller, you could've easily explained to the seller that you made a mistake, informed that the pony was in fact not a legit MLP and they probably would've canceled the sale. Now you have a free pony (which you said you thought was cute and you would keep anyways) and the seller has lost the toy, their money and they still have to pay fees. :huh:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal