collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Lack of Communication & Issues w/Enterplay  (Read 5036 times)

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Lack of Communication & Issues w/Enterplay
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2013, 02:21:51 AM »
So who is going to file with the BBB to warn others?

I will be doing this as soon as my cards come in (IF they come in) since this is unacceptable.  I'm thinking since they are at least noted as being in the state NEXT to mine that hopefully they'll show up here soon.  It helps, though, if more people file with the BBB so there's more than just one person complaining.  It probably won't do anything, but if it can save one person from the frustration we've had, then it'll be worth it.  I actually started filing a formal complaint with them the day I actually got a response from customer service (so I canceled my complaint).  They currently aren't in the system (or at least they weren't when I tried to look them up) so you'll have to enter their address.  For anyone who wants to do it, you pretty much just follow the steps/prompts.  ...and heck, I might just do it today anyway cause everytime I think about what they've put so many of us through, it makes me irritated, lol.

Post Merge: November 03, 2013, 02:54:40 AM

I just filed now...

FYI here's my complaint (I had to cut it short since I only had so much room):
"On the morning of September 21, 2013, I placed an order for a limited edition My Little Pony 30th Anniversary Postcard set with Enterplay LLC.  Their website stated that the first 200 individuals that ordered the set would receive a signed copy from one the toy creator.  I ordered promptly, paid promptly through PayPal, and I received my PayPal receipt.  Weeks passed, and soon others who ordered days (and then weeks) after me were receiving their orders.  I e-mailed Enterplay on October 14th, October 18th, and October 23rd to inquire as to the status of my order.  Seeing that they were fairly active on their Facebook page, I also posted about my issues on October 23rd, 24th, and 25th. Even though they would respond to other individuals, my concerns (and a few others like mine) were ignored and not addressed.  I also called and left messages at their office on October 24th and October 25th.  I received no call back and still no e-mail response.  On October 25th I was looking at their products page and found a form, so I tried using that communication as well to express my concerns.  I finally received a response stating, verbatim: "I apologize!  Our customer service rep has left the company and we have not been able to find a replacement.  I show this as as shipped, but do not see any tracking information.  There is nobody in the office until Wednesday, and we will send it out for you then."  Wednesday?!? On October 28th, I posted my concerns to their Facebook (hoping whoever updates their page constantly would address my concern) about why no one told me about this issue until I had to contact them MULTIPLE times.  Why were they not letting individuals waiting on communication know what was going on?  No response.  I would like to know why individuals who are wondering what is going on with their order are being completely ignored whereas updates to their newest products (ie, on Facebook) are being addressed. Couldn't they have acknowledged me and my issue to let me know what was going on?"

Then, in order for my complaint to be published, the BBB requires me to request a settlement.  Here's what I put:
"I would like Enterplay LLC to explain how they plan on better addressing consumer questions and concerns.  Simply ignoring phone calls, ignoring Facebook communications, and ignoring e-mails is incredibly unprofessional. Many others I have spoken with have also received this treatment (check Facebook posts by others on Enterplay for further evidence). People paid for products & deserve to know what's going on-not to be met with a deaf ear for two weeks when trying to get an answer."

I filed this under the category of "Customer Service Issues."  I was going to do it more product-related, but I'm ASSUMING it will be received within the week.  If not, they'll be hearing from me again...

If everyone who has had an issue that they are still fighting (or aren't happy with) regarding Enterplay would complain with the BBB, Enterplay might be inclined to treat their customers better.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 02:55:11 AM by STLGusty »

Offline Freeindeed

• Trade Count: (+208)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Iris Tiger
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2013, 03:17:53 AM »
I received my cards as well... and yes, they were the autographed ones! So hopefully you will get autographed ones too, STLGusty. But like Bow Tie, I was a bit disappointed to not have gotten a little something extra for the trouble. All I got was the card set.  I mean, I guess it isn't that big of a deal, but I feel like they could have at least done something to make up for everything that happened!

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2013, 03:55:28 AM »
Freeindeed, I'm happy you got your card set, too!

Surprise, surprise...mine actually came in the mail today, but I about flipped when I saw a huge crease going down the center of the envelope.  THANKFULLY the cards weren't bent, and I got the autographed one from Bonnie.  This chapter of the saga has ended, but my ordeal with them is still ongoing since I am SO unhappy with how they treated me and everyone else on this thread (and those who haven't posted) for multiple weeks without any kind of communication.

...and yes, I didn't get anything additional either to try to "make up" for what they did.  Guess it doesn't shock me though.

UPDATE FROM THE BBB:  The Better Business Bureau of CT will be handling my complaint, as I got confirmation from them yesterday.  This morning I saw e-mail confirmation from the BBB of them officially forwarding on my complaint to Enterplay.  Here's what part of my communicatino from the BBB said:  "Your complaint has been sent to the business for their response.  Once they have responded to BBB, we will contact you again."  I'm interested to see how - if at all - they respond.  I want to know hwo they better plan on addressing customer inquiries, because waiting two+ weeks for even an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT is ridiculous.  I don't want anybody to have to deal with such poor customer service like that.

Hopefully Enterplay WILL respond, as how they deal with complaints all goes into their BBB ranking.  As such, I urge each of you that have had problems dealing with Enterplay, **PLEASE** contact the BBB.  Even if you got your product (like I did), if you had to deal with their horrible customer service, please complain about it.  It will make them less likely (hopefully) to do it to others in the future.

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2013, 09:33:08 PM »
It's Day 45 with no response to emails, phone calls, and no indication that it's been shipped nor has it been received.  Filed Paypal dispute today :(

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2013, 12:44:25 AM »
It's Day 45 with no response to emails, phone calls, and no indication that it's been shipped nor has it been received.  Filed Paypal dispute today :(
Sorry to hear it had to come to that. I'm sure paypal will side with you and resolve the case, but I know that doesn't solve the problem :(

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2013, 03:40:21 PM »

Dew, that's awful!!  I don't see how they can ignore someone who keeps trying to contact them.  Honestly, I'd post on their facebook wall (if you haven't already) about your problems...and contact the BBB ;) 

As for me, they still haven't made contact with the better business bureau to resolve my complaint.  The BBB says that once they forward the complaint onto the company, the company has 14 days to respond.  If they don't respond, the BBB will send the complaint again.  The BBB, after the second attempt, will let me know if they responded - or not.  The say that most complaints are closed within 30 days. 

I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs wondering what will occur...

I'm guessing no update as of your last post, Dew? :(

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2013, 10:50:32 PM »
The only time I filed with the BBB the complaint was never responded to. But your complaint at least would be logged on their profile.

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2013, 12:42:01 AM »
The only time I filed with the BBB the complaint was never responded to. But your complaint at least would be logged on their profile.

That's what I figure.  I'm not expecting anything from ENterplay considering how they treated me (and others') at this point, but at least they have a file now.  I'm sure they don't care about a BBB accredidation and won't seek one out, but I guess at least I tried. :)  I think most companies that aren't part of the BBB accreditation couldn't care less.  Stupid Enterplay :P

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2013, 12:59:58 AM »
Someone pointed out that in the previous thread that Enterplay only has 7 employees. I think its a small family owned business, parents and kids running it?
 Based on what Ive seen of them at cons, they are MEGA busy and swamped at all times, and have other companies sell their product sometimes too.

Obviously they need to hire more people.
It took me over a month to receive my postcards, but I did and I received an autographed one. So hopefully everyone gets their stuff.

I think they're working on their CCG and cons still, and it seems like when they so that, their online store is ignored.
 They should put up an away message or something.

Edit: Would like to add, I still like Enterplay as a company, and their employees have always been beyond nice to me at cons. I think they are in over their head with the MLP phenomenon...because their cards before I would've never batted an eye at...once they made mlp cards...I went nuts. They need to hire more people to handle the high demand.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 01:02:44 AM by melipuffles »

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2013, 01:53:23 AM »
Meli - Yes!  I think whenever they feel they are over their heads - either by working on something special for conventions or getting ready for a major release or WHATEVER - they need to let their customers know that there may be a delay in communication.  I do not, believe, however, that is any excuse for never responding to my phone calls or e-mails earlier this month.  If you know you're not going to respond to e-mails or phone calls due to your "customer service representative quitting," then put that on your website.  Say - "At this time we are unable to respond to any customer service inquiries due to a huge time commitment for xyz, but please stay tuned for updates."---which also isn't very professional, but at least it'd imply what the issue is. 

There are many ways they can deal with this issue...ignoring the problem is the wrong way.  I definitely agree that they need to look into hiring more people :)  They clearly have a money maker on their hands.

I can't believe Dew had to open a Paypal case with a "real" company.  I wish she'd just get her cards!  Honestly, Dew, I think they should just send you those cards free of charge since it's been over the 45 day mark now...or offer you a huge discount in exchange for a re-purchase agreement.  But that's just my thinking ;)  Keep us posted on the progress - if you get a refund - if they ever respond, etc.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 01:55:59 AM by STLGusty »

Offline Dewprincess

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2013, 07:54:29 AM »
I know, it's ridiculous :(  They have not responded to the dispute yet, nor emails or phone calls.

This card set wasn't even for me, but for another Arena member who requested that I try to order one for her!  If ordering two sets wasn't allowed (even though I *did* receive an email from them when asked saying that it was okay), then they should at least have refunded me!

Offline Dewprincess

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2013, 12:52:58 AM »
Finally refunded this week after escalating dispute to claim and receiving a direct contact email.  Never got response through regular "info" email bug is at least resolved now!

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2013, 01:56:54 AM »
I can't believe they NEVER responded to you. That is so rude and unprofessional.

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2013, 05:31:02 AM »
Finally refunded this week after escalating dispute to claim and receiving a direct contact email.  Never got response through regular "info" email bug is at least resolved now!

That really disgusts me.  Seriously.  I'm glad you got your refund, but you never should have had to go through this MESS and STILL not end up with what you wanted.  Wow.  :(

Offline Dewprincess

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2013, 06:04:16 AM »
I know.  I'm glad I finally got my money back, but after having to jump through so many hoops to get it?  I'm not inclined to buy anything from them in the future unless it's something physically in a store like Target where I have the item in hand.  I just don't trust their shipping anymore :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal