collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Make sure you double check prices.  (Read 491 times)

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Make sure you double check prices.
« on: October 23, 2013, 04:13:43 AM »
I was at Toys R Us yesterday and when I grabbed the Collector's Set off the shelf it said 49.99 on the price sticker.  I found someone and asked about the fact that I had seen it on the website for 36.99.  They told me that if Customer Service looks it up I will get it for that price.  We looked and they agreed to give it to me for that price.  When it scanned it also came up 36.99. 

So as a note do your research on prices before you go to the store.  You never know when this might happen.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Re: Make sure you double check prices.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 04:24:58 AM »
That's really great that they did that for you :)
I was under the impression that TRU was one of the very few companies whose stores didn't honor online pricing, or maybe that's just over here :huh:

It's great that you were able to get it at that price though, Congrats!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline sweetlittlejenny

• Trade Count: (+99)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 04:39:22 AM »
I'm pretty sure TRU will match their online prices (in the states at least) as I've done it with a baby swing before. But I know that Walmart will not price match their own site.

Click banner for my customs gallery.

Offline Pandora

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 05:22:16 AM »
Ooooh, that's awesome!  I'll have to try and see if I can get one.   :biggrin:

Cindercat

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 05:27:45 AM »
Not sure if it only applies in the UK, but a colleague of mine did a load of Christmas shopping at TRU the other week.

She has an App on her phone (forgot name) where she could price check every product she bought.

If it was cheaper, TRU let her buy it for the cheaper price.

That's in the UK though.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 05:30:00 AM »
I know I went to TRU last year to buy a baby shower gift for a friend and it was on sale online for $20 less, and when I went to the store they wouldn't honor it. I don't know if it was the staff or a Canadian policy :huh:
That's why I was shocked to hear that they did that. That's great if they do or if it's changed though :)

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 06:10:05 AM »
I was at Toys R Us yesterday and when I grabbed the Collector's Set off the shelf it said 49.99 on the price sticker.  I found someone and asked about the fact that I had seen it on the website for 36.99.  They told me that if Customer Service looks it up I will get it for that price.  We looked and they agreed to give it to me for that price.  When it scanned it also came up 36.99. 

So as a note do your research on prices before you go to the store.  You never know when this might happen.

Wow that's a crazy difference isn't it! I will be sure to check from now on, thanks for the heads up.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 06:15:21 AM »
I would guess that if it's a sale online they won't match it, because I know a lot of stores do different sales online and in store. But maybe if the actual list price is different they'll match it.

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 10:50:00 AM »
I noticed that our TRU had bumped the price up to $49.99 later last month, then dropped it back down to $36.99 a couple of weeks ago.  I'm planning on going out to Saginaw tomorrow night for my birthday and I'm hoping to pick this up then :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 09:29:47 AM »
I think it depends on why its cheaper online. Plenty of retailers do online only price reductions and sales; retailers often wont and dont have to meet those prices in store as odd as that is. But if its an error or just the retailer trying to be smart then most retailers will be in a position in store to price match or reduce their in person product down to match the online listing.

Its a good tip to always double check these things :) Great idea and thats awesome you were able to get the set for the lower price - congrats!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Katz Pony Shop
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 10:08:37 AM »
I got lucky when I was shopping for a Bday gift for my 5 year old pony crazy niece. They had a huge stack of the collectors sets with a giant $20 sign on it that belonged to the Twilight sparkle castle playset. I just pointed it out to the sales girl that they might want to fix it and I wish it was that price because my niece would flip if I got it for her and they were nice enough to honor it:) My nieces were all beyond excited to watch the season finally with a real "Evil Queen" as they call her lol. My store is very good about honoring shelf mistakes. I got my Zecora for $7.49 because they has a big clearance tag in front of a pile of them:)

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 10:26:27 AM »
I got lucky when I was shopping for a Bday gift for my 5 year old pony crazy niece. They had a huge stack of the collectors sets with a giant $20 sign on it that belonged to the Twilight sparkle castle playset. I just pointed it out to the sales girl that they might want to fix it and I wish it was that price because my niece would flip if I got it for her and they were nice enough to honor it:) My nieces were all beyond excited to watch the season finally with a real "Evil Queen" as they call her lol. My store is very good about honoring shelf mistakes. I got my Zecora for $7.49 because they has a big clearance tag in front of a pile of them:)

That's awesome that your store is so good that way :) I'll bet your niece was ecstatic :biggrin:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 10:30:15 AM »
TRU does not match online prices; it only matches or beats actual printed flyer prices.  :)

Buuuuuuuuuut!  If you bought it at TRU and the product goes on sale at TRU, you can get the difference refunded to your credit card!  :)  Bring in your receipt.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal