collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Beanie Babies--am I the only one?  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Beanie Babies--am I the only one?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2013, 05:54:55 AM »
My parents have at least three of each up to the crash in their closet--they bought into the hype and wanted to cash in later. They're still probably mint, if a bit dusty.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 11:14:23 AM »
I used to have many, now only a few.  No new ones, I do like the cute new beanie ball ones though.  The big eyes are cute.  :)

Cizmet

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 11:15:53 AM »
I was crazy about Beanie Babies in grade school, my first being Cubby. I still have him though my expansive collection is stowed away somewhere and/or given away I don't really remember.

The only ones I currently have with me are Cubby and the Princess Diana bear (tag still on ;o).

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2013, 11:24:20 AM »
I /somehow/ acquired quite a lot back in the day. xD  I think the vast majority of them were gifts.

I had most, if not all of, the cats and some of the mythical creatures, but that's all I remember.  As far as I know, the giant tub I kept them in is still in the attic.

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2013, 11:38:26 AM »
I have...hundreds probably from when I was a kid. I wish I could find homes for them. :(
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2013, 06:25:06 PM »
I still have most of mine :) I loved the dogs and will always hold onto them :lovey: I also like the cats in the Chip/Zip/Snip mold. So cute! I got out of Beanies when Ty decided to retire all of them (I think in 2000?) and make all new ones. For some reason that just killed it for me XD

I had a yard sale this past weekend and was trying to sell some Beanies I'm no longer interested in. I told my mom they're worth about as much as dirt. No one wants them because EVERYONE had them back in the 90's and now can't sell them for a dime :P
My Wish List

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2013, 09:20:24 PM »
i used to collect them, sort of, i didnt have a big collection though. ummmm i recently just rounded up what i have and put them in a box for goodwill, lol so if theres any youre looking for let me know
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Freeindeed

• Trade Count: (+208)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Iris Tiger
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2013, 02:25:58 AM »
I like Beanie Babies too! I don't collect extensively but I have maybe 30 or 40... I'm still on the hunt for Speedy the Turtle, Spot the Dog, and Waves the Whale if anyone has them and wants to get rid of them. I don't care if they have the tags, as long as the beanies are in good shape.

I found a Bubbles the Fish at a Salvation Army a few months ago, so that was kind of exciting. :)

It's kind of funny... times sure have changed! 15 years ago I'd go to a flea market and find tons of G1 My Little Ponies for 50 cents or $1 apiece, while the dealers hawked Beanie Babies at $10+ a pop... now I go to the flea markets and the Beanie Babies are in the dollar bins and everyone wants an arm and a leg for the G1's, if you can even find them at all.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 02:27:36 AM by Freeindeed »

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2013, 09:02:51 AM »
I have a bunch from when I was little.  Two older twin girls I knew (older by 7 or so years, they were the daughters of family friends) gave me their massive collection when they "outgrew" them.  I don't display them any more. Since my family moved to a smaller house, I had to prioritize which collections to display in the more limited space, and Breyer horses and MLP won out. 

Sometimes if I see cute ones at the store I'll buy one since I think that they are very cute.  I mostly collect the horse themed ones.  I just found the american flag horse "Lefty" from the 2000 election brand new at the store for $3.50.  It was funny/sad that he had been in stock for 13 years!  One of these days, I'd love to find the one they made of Barbaro the racehorse since I collect Barbaro things.

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline rearing_palomino164

• MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2013, 12:22:33 PM »
I need to go through mine sometime and sell or give away the ones I don't want.

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

GothMummy

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2013, 09:35:08 AM »
We had a beanie baby shop we used to pass by on the way home when we first started work - so we acquired most of the horses and dragons/bats and the dogs, we gave away a lot a few years ago due to lack of space but we still have Mystic the unicorn sitting on the bookcase :) And I know that one of my dragons is in my son's bedroom and probably the dogs are there too.

i see them ever such a lot on charity shops - in the two for 99p bins and its quite sad really because they are so sweet but no one wants them!

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2013, 10:07:49 AM »
I had quite a few back in the day..Then I got a dog 12 years ago and he THINKS they are ALL his toys. He dosent tear them apart..he carries them around in his mouth ALL THE TIME.  He seems to be particurly fond of the bears

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal