collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: It's almost NaNoWriMo time!!!  (Read 635 times)

Offline Tulip

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: It's almost NaNoWriMo time!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2013, 10:31:33 PM »
I got 1625 words down on the first day! I have 3 stories I'm writing though, so my word count will be spread over all of them. (I have to write 2 stories for my degree work, so I thought I'd throw them in with this.)
Back after a 6+ year hiatus!

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2013, 12:51:39 AM »
I missed day one due to having to work an extra shift yesterday, but I am starting today. During my final semester of college I started a piece that I have been wanting to rework and start over with and then expand, and what better motivation than this :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2013, 02:54:36 AM »
Yester day...not sure the word count but I did get 2 pages written and created an outline for the second story I am on. I have no plans to finish the novel. I just plan to keep writing. I want to publish a book someday:)

Haruna That sounds like a fun story:) If you want a test reader let me know:) I stick at spelling and grammar check but I do love to read.

Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2013, 04:49:09 AM »
I get so frustrated with NaNo. I am very bad at sitting and writing when there are so many other things and projects all around me. And I write better on paper (which would be easier, I could go sit somewhere with a notebook and not be distracted) but I've got so much down on my computer already that trying to handwrite some and type some and get it all together will just drive me bonkers!

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2013, 05:12:38 AM »
I write ALL of my novels (both NaNo and otherwise) by hand and then type them up later.  Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, but I just feel more inspired with a pen than a computer screen.  I have two exceptions to that rule; the first is when I'm in a sprint because I type SO much faster than I can write by hand, and the second is if I get one of those instant epiphanies of inspiration that HAS to get out ASAP or else I risk losing it.

I got a pretty good start yesterday, getting ahead to 5262 words, which seems to have backfired for me today... I've only added 861 so far  :huh:  I'm one of those people who thinks that if I pull ahead, I can have some leeway, which I swore I wouldn't do to myself this year, but if today's any indication, it's going to happen.  The worst part for me?  I've been SO ready to write this story since about halfway through October. 

I do have to say that I had my characters run away with my plot in record time this year, though.  This is now the uh... eighth? book that I've written with a couple of my cast, so I know them very, very well and have kind of learned to trust where they push the story.  They totally ran away with the past two years' novels (and have majorly screwed up essential plot points in others.  Had to force things on them that they did NOT want to happen.  I felt so wrong...), also, so I don't know why I was expecting any different this time, but usually they wait until about 2/3 of the way through or so.  This time, they jumped on me right around 3k.  I'm hoping they have a better idea of where this novel is supposed to go than I do, because I'm totally trusting them not to get me lost...

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2013, 05:16:03 AM »
I really prefer to write by hand. But I am absolutely terrible about typing things up later. It can take me years to get around to typing something I've previously written out XD

I also like to have access to the whole project at once to go back and look over things (who doesn't?) so as some of it al already typed, and I don't have a printer, I'm kind of at an impass.

I think later today, once I have some important things taken care of, I'll unplug my modem for a little isolation.

Offline Kitkumi

• My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2013, 06:39:07 AM »
I love writing by hand, much more than I do by computer. All through my school years I would take one note book for school notes and two note books for stories with me on day one. By the end of each year I would easily have filled up four to five note books with stories and maybe, if I was lucky, one note book worth of school stuff XD I still have all of my note books too. It's fun to go back and look at how far I've progressed over the years.

Offline Tulip

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2013, 07:13:42 AM »
My spelling is atrocious, (I'm surprised I spelt that right first time!) so I have to type it to correct half the words..

Gotta get typing my word count for today!
Back after a 6+ year hiatus!

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2013, 11:47:29 AM »
I'm writing it by hand because I'm away from my computer right now. My home is nowhere near conducive to writing for any length of time. I've only got about 300 words but I'm satisfied with the setup.  ^.^
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline windsong

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2013, 10:42:45 AM »
Yay! I wish I had the time to participate in NaNo again but there's just too much going on at the moment. I'm starting a new job tomorrow and I'm not exactly sure what's in store there yet so I thought I'd save myself the headache from overdoing it in November. I'm going to write a novella though, somewhere between 15,000 and 20,000 words just to be part of it and support all my friends. :)

I did NaNo in 2011 and won. AND I just published that NaNo novel, If Only We, a week ago. :D So, NaNoWriMo is kinda awesome to me because it was the reason why I finally finished and published a novel. ^_^

~ My Etsy Shop ~ Arena Sales ~ Wants ~ My Book Blog ~ TY Badjuju86 4 avatar  :heart:

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2013, 10:34:48 PM »
Due to a physical disability, I find it incredibly difficult to write by hand, so pretty much all of my stuff is done by typing.

I'm a little behind this year though, my characters can't seem to 'propel' themselves into the story. The heroes are spending too much time with chit chat and the villains are spending too much time banging on about how awesome they'll be later on in the story xD;

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2013, 04:54:05 AM »
I've got a good start and setup but only managed to do some backstory on a character for my story bible. :huh: Can't quite figure out what slant I want to take everything in or how fantasy I want it but the end product is going to be more adult in nature than I originally intended just because of who the main character is... :|
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Kitkumi

• My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2013, 06:46:51 AM »
My problem right now is my main character is chomping at the bit going 'lets gooooooo' and I keep having to go 'no, no, no we aren't THERE yet, don't make me turn this story around!' ^^; On one upside it is kinda nice because I have a pool of ideas to draw from as I progress, but the downside is I feel like I'm drowning in said pool and I'm not exactly sure of where I want everything to go lol.

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2013, 06:56:14 AM »
I tend not to write in order, so if there's an idea that comes to be that will fit in later in the story, I just stop what I'm doing and write it somewhere. It's easy for me to put things back in order later, but if I let a moment of inspiration pass me by thinking I'll get to it later, I might lose it.

After work tonight I'm off to do some settling in at starbucks for a few hours.

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2013, 11:53:52 PM »
I really lucked out this year in that my novel almost seems to be writing itself.  I just passed 23k last night, which is a personal record, in reference to time, for me.  I, too, usually skip all around when I write, because when I come up with an exciting idea I just want to go write that and then go back and build to it later.  However, this is the first year that I'm also writing completely chronologically (with the exception of maybe flopping a couple scenes around - you know, the ones that are supposed to be happening at the same time in different places?  I'm not really sure which ones I want in the beginning of those sequences). 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal