collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Toywiz question  (Read 2055 times)

Offline Draikinator

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Toywiz question
« on: October 18, 2013, 04:31:23 AM »
As far as I can tell most people consider Toywiz a really reputable pony dealer? They get featured on EQD a lot.
But I ordered some pony stuff from them back in february while I was still in China and set my parent's as the shipping address. When I got back to america in August and got all my packages from the year it wasn't there. Turns out they never shipped it. I emailed them a bunch of times but they never got back to me. The charged me when I made the order, too. Finally I cancelled the order and it took over a week to get a refund and they STILL never returned any of my emails.

Has anyone else ever had problems getting ponies from toywiz or toywiz's communication?
(also sorry if this is the wrong forum wasn't sure if this was corral or off-topic stuff. Feel free to move it.)

[moving to Trader Support ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 07:07:08 AM by MargaritaMadam »
-Want to buy those squishy Russian "Plush Apple" brand toys, especially the shining armor/cadence set. also the russian chupa chups vinyl scratch.-

Offline disturbed-rainbow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
Re: Toywiz question
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 04:34:45 AM »
I've had to email them and remind them that I've preordered and have paid, because when you preorder it takes money from your account right then.  It took them 4 weeks to ship my pony. 

PinkStar_Magic

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 05:29:15 AM »
Were any of the items pre-order? Sometimes it takes a long time for them to get the items in and shipped. I had ordered a lot of things, including some pony cards to complete my collection, but since some of the items were pre-order and not in stock it was nearly half a year before I got the shipment. I actually cancelled three of the items (the Ty stuffed ponies) because it was taking too long. Their estimated times of arrival (aka getting the stock in) can be off too. Other shops were already sending the Funko Pop figures while I waited an extra month or two to get mine. I kept checking my order status and it maintained that the item would be arriving in April when it was already June.

I now try not to pre-order unless it's something I'm getting a good deal on or don't mind waiting for (like the new Funko minis). They're a good site to get pony stuff, but there are definitely things to watch out for. Sorry about your lost order.  :(

xoVanille

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 05:46:04 AM »
They sent me the wrong item...that's it though. But it is the only time I've ordered from them and they already messed up, so who knows?  :(

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 06:35:09 AM »
I was about to order from them directly , but then found their items on Amazon ,and the shipping was less on Amazon than directly on their website, I felt more secure doing it through Amazon  at the end  and a couple of dollars less in shipping, the items are already on their way and I ordered a couple of days ago
hope all goes well with mine :)

Post Merge: October 18, 2013, 06:37:38 AM

Were any of the items pre-order? Sometimes it takes a long time for them to get the items in and shipped. I had ordered a lot of things, including some pony cards to complete my collection, but since some of the items were pre-order and not in stock it was nearly half a year before I got the shipment. I actually cancelled three of the items (the Ty stuffed ponies) because it was taking too long. Their estimated times of arrival (aka getting the stock in) can be off too. Other shops were already sending the Funko Pop figures while I waited an extra month or two to get mine. I kept checking my order status and it maintained that the item would be arriving in April when it was already June.

I now try not to pre-order unless it's something I'm getting a good deal on or don't mind waiting for (like the new Funko minis). They're a good site to get pony stuff, but there are definitely things to watch out for. Sorry about your lost order.  :(
  I noticed that too,  the 3 Funko Pops I bought at Hot topic are also on ToyWiz but as preorder for next month  ., Hot Topic had a sale luckily,otherwise the price on them at Toywiz would have been better.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 06:37:38 AM by HoustonCollector72 »
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 07:13:12 AM »
Theres a member named something like ToywizBebs. I'm not sure if she is still active on here, but she works with Toywiz. However, she may direct you to email them and stuff, but it wouldn't hurt to send a pm to her :)
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline Draikinator

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 07:35:53 AM »
Theres a member named something like ToywizBebs. I'm not sure if she is still active on here, but she works with Toywiz. However, she may direct you to email them and stuff, but it wouldn't hurt to send a pm to her :)
Honestly I've already cancelled my order and have no intention of ever ordering from them again. They never ever responded to a single email. If they don't want my business then I mean I guess I just won't give it to them. :/
-Want to buy those squishy Russian "Plush Apple" brand toys, especially the shining armor/cadence set. also the russian chupa chups vinyl scratch.-

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 09:30:24 PM »
I've tried to purchase a couple times with them. Both were pre-orders that were expected to ship out a week later. When I paid, takes the money right from paypal account. I waited a few weeks and never got or heard any updates about the packages. I sent them an email which was an auto answer but no one ever actually got back with me. I just cancelled out both orders and have decided not to shop from there again.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 01:05:44 AM »
Oh my!  :(  Thanks for letting me know that this website is not a good place to order from!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 02:40:22 AM »
I ordered from them when i first started getting serious about collecting.  It was a straight forward order too, not a pre-order.  I felt their service was ok, especially since they phone called me from America (I am in the UK) to confirm the order.

Then came the shipping.......very quick, but expensive.  I paid about $40 for the ponies (expensive for what they were, but then again I think that site is pricey anyway), a further $35 in shipping fee's and then when UPS delivered (they use UPS for international shipments) I had to pay about another £15 in customs fee's.

The only reason I wouldn't order from them again is the shipping costs.  They are expensive to buy from in comparison to say, TRU or many of the other UK (and I suspect US) toy stores, but they do seem to have a good stock, which is enticing to non-US collectors especially when they have international shipping.

I have to admit, I do find this whole business of pre-ordering pretty shady and am uncomfortable doing this myself.  In this climate, do you have any guarantee's that this business will not suddenly fold? Or for some other reason will "forget" your order??  My rule of thumb is if they don't have it in stock yet, I cannot buy it, simple as that...

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 03:03:34 AM »
I ordered from them when i first started getting serious about collecting.  It was a straight forward order too, not a pre-order.  I felt their service was ok, especially since they phone called me from America (I am in the UK) to confirm the order.

Then came the shipping.......very quick, but expensive.  I paid about $40 for the ponies (expensive for what they were, but then again I think that site is pricey anyway), a further $35 in shipping fee's and then when UPS delivered (they use UPS for international shipments) I had to pay about another £15 in customs fee's.

The only reason I wouldn't order from them again is the shipping costs.  They are expensive to buy from in comparison to say, TRU or many of the other UK (and I suspect US) toy stores, but they do seem to have a good stock, which is enticing to non-US collectors especially when they have international shipping.

I have to admit, I do find this whole business of pre-ordering pretty shady and am uncomfortable doing this myself.  In this climate, do you have any guarantee's that this business will not suddenly fold? Or for some other reason will "forget" your order??  My rule of thumb is if they don't have it in stock yet, I cannot buy it, simple as that...
  well  the pre ordering on other sites like Amazon ,Hot Topic and even Hasbro's site ,their ordering systems do not charge you until they have shipped the items you ordered, if some come on stock and others do not, they still follow the practice of only what was shipped  is what is charged to you .

but never knew about them charging up front, that  is not the norm I would say .

Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 06:24:49 AM »
Thanks for the head's up  :hug: I am sorry you had to go through the trouble though. It sounds like perhaps they need to reevaluate their customer service.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Savage-Spirit

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2013, 11:57:56 AM »
I've had so many bad dealings with them I refuse to buy there anymore.  When I would preorder they never would send the items, I call sometimes they would tell me it had already sold out, even though I ordered it early.  It has always been a fight to get my money back, never an apology, one time they even called me a liar.

When I said last March I would never  buy there again, I was told they didn't need my business.

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2013, 12:15:27 PM »
It is good to know !!, I did have to buy from them, they have the exclusive funko pop metallic of  Twilight and Pinkie Pie  ,so no one else sells them, unless you go to ebay and pay more than what toywiz sells them for.
Luckily they are on Amazon, so I feel  good about buying their product there, because Amazon is pretty good if something is not correct  or  just plain return items .
they did have a good deal though ,  2 glitter Funkos and 2 metallic funko pop for 50 dllrs, I got  almost the last  set, there were 2 left after purchasing mine .
and they are on their way , UPS says next friday it should be here

chihua2

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2013, 09:26:40 PM »
I bought from them through amazon before,and they sent me the wrong pony.fortunately they eventually refunded me after some frustrating emails and futile attempts to call them...they do have a wide range of pony items though.but I think I won't buy from them again.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal