collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sent a trade pony to Spain with insurance...  (Read 1294 times)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: Sent a trade pony to Spain with insurance...
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2013, 04:12:22 PM »
I wouldn't send it with a value that low. These are clearly valuable items - your work is worth far more than $20.

Customs charges are a fact of life. I can see splitting the custom fee in some situations to make it an equitable trade, but if your partner didn't want to pay any custom fees then they should not have entered into an international trade. Your location is clearly stated on your profile, and your partner knows their countries policies. Now that you're having to pay shipping again, I certainly wouldn't suggest splitting the custom fees at all since you are out the cost of shipping twice. It would have saved you both money if your partner had just accepted the box in the first place rather than sending it back :\

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2013, 06:29:04 AM »
If she wants it shipped for a low declared value, she has to be willing to accept the risk that it might get stolen or lost. So if it is a purchase, she should send payment as a 'gift' and gets no refund if it does not arrive. If it is a trade, and it goes missing, you are not responsible for sending her anything else.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 09:03:32 AM »
I wouldn't send it with a value that low. These are clearly valuable items - your work is worth far more than $20.

Customs charges are a fact of life. I can see splitting the custom fee in some situations to make it an equitable trade, but if your partner didn't want to pay any custom fees then they should not have entered into an international trade. Your location is clearly stated on your profile, and your partner knows their countries policies. Now that you're having to pay shipping again, I certainly wouldn't suggest splitting the custom fees at all since you are out the cost of shipping twice. It would have saved you both money if your partner had just accepted the box in the first place rather than sending it back :\

Agreed!  So sorry this has happened...  :(
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2013, 12:26:20 PM »
It would have saved you both money if your partner had just accepted the box in the first place rather than sending it back :\
To be fair, she didn't choose to have it sent back; Spain's customs agency only holds things for 14 days, then "takes care of them." :huh: In my case, I had shipped it with the box checked to send it back to me if it was non-deliverable. :whew:

I don't know why Ookami_Amaterasu didn't tell me about the customs issue before I shipped her half. We could have avoided all of this. :P
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2013, 01:21:11 PM »
Well no, she didn't physically send it back, but she refused the custom fee so it was inevitable. And now you're being asked to send it again, and pay to ship it again, because she didn't want to/wasn't able to pay the fee. If you reship the package, I hope your partner will pay for the shipping at least. It's not fair to you to have to pay to ship it twice - you didn't do anything wrong.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2013, 04:04:29 PM »
Well no, she didn't physically send it back, but she refused the custom fee so it was inevitable. And now you're being asked to send it again, and pay to ship it again, because she didn't want to/wasn't able to pay the fee. If you reship the package, I hope your partner will pay for the shipping at least. It's not fair to you to have to pay to ship it twice - you didn't do anything wrong.
  yes  I agree , this is  the fairest  thing to do .
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2013, 07:48:57 PM »

I also agree with this ^^   :nod:  and if you do ship again with a low value on the customs form /no insurance etc , then if anything goes wrong its her fault not yours - you did it right in the first place. Customs fees are just an unfortunate fact of life. Personally I dont ship high value items to Spain without insurance, nor would I risk the lower value... but its up to you.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal