collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: TWO ebay problems - what do I do for these?  (Read 485 times)

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
TWO ebay problems - what do I do for these?
« on: October 06, 2013, 12:19:55 PM »
I've had two problems come up on ebay, and I'm not sure what I should do as a next step. Mostly with how to close an open case?

1/ Buyer bought an item. It wasn't an expensive bid price ($15) but it was a very heavy parcel and was $47 to ship. They received it and opened an item not as described case, saying the item (a bunch of furbies) did not work. I responded, quoting from the auction where it stated that the furbies were not in working condition and were sold as-is. That was Sept 21st.  I sent a second response a week ago, reminding them they needed to respond. They have not responded. The case is sitting there open, and the funds are locked in my paypal. What can I do if a buyer refuses to return and do something about the case?

2/ Buyer bid on and won an auction. For a $5 plushie. Again, a larger and heavier one. International tracked/insured airmail is very expensive. So I opened a request to mutually decline the sale. Basically giving th buyer the option to get out of having to buy the item and pay a stupid high price for it without facing a NPB OR pay for the item. The buyer is a newbie, by the way. Again, they have not responded. So now the item is stuck in a case, and I can't close the case and proceed to recover my fees. What should I do?

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: TWO ebay problems - what do I do for these?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 02:37:36 PM »
If you opened the case and they fail to respond by the deadline, ebay will automatically close the cases in your favor and the money will be released to you.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 09:02:34 PM »
If  you have responded to the cases but there is no further response from the buyers , then you have to wait for ebay to sort it out and close them for you .  The buyers have have a deadline to respond, so the case wont remain open indefinitely, but you wont be able to close the case yourself if the buyer opened it as in the first situation you described :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 10:56:15 AM »
I found out what to do!  Apparently, in the first case, the seller is able to escalate after a length of time has passed (not sure how long, it was at least two weeks before I decided to do something about it). I went in to try and leave another comment/message on the case, and saw the 'escalate' button. I wrote a very long explanation quoting the description, and pointing out it was buyers remorse, etc.  And they found in my favor, so that worked out fine.

In the second one, I was also able to escalate, and again, they found in my favor and I was able to get my fees back. 

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 01:14:29 AM »
Glad to hear it all was worked out!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal