collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Muses and a story blurb  (Read 298 times)

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
Muses and a story blurb
« on: October 06, 2013, 11:50:15 AM »
Hey guys! I know I've been pretty darned silent round these parts for the past couple months.  Why? Cause those darned hockey-loving ducks from another dimension decided to invade my brain and haven't left much room for ponies. Yeah... Been on a Mighty Ducks (cartoon series) kick lately.

It's been pretty weird. My mind has been silent and my muses haven't really spoken so clearly to me in the past six or seven years. I haven't written anything seriously in the past five years.  All creative energies for the past several years have gone towards painting and sculpting. Even then, I haven't made stuff that I'm super, super proud of. But, I had a dream way back in April and the floodgates have opened. I started writing. And I wrote a little more. And I wrote even more. In two months, I wrote a 103 page (single spaced!) story that is around 41,000 words. You'd think It would all calm down a little bit after that, but no! No! My muses are pestering me with more and more and more to write. I can hardly keep up with it.

Anyway, I'm working on a pretty serious story now involving a fall from grace, how far someone will go for who they love, and the struggle for redemption. So far, I'm madly in love with this story. I just have to post the introductory two paragraphs SOMEWHERE or I'm going to go mad!

If you're curious what Duke looks like, I highly suggest this picture. He's the one in maroon with the sword and eye patch.

"Aiyah Silverdown." Duke spoke the name with a reverence usually reserved for deity. "She was the most beautiful, kind duck I've ever met. Stars. Her feathers were the whitest I've ever seen. I mean, Wing's got pretty white plumage; but, hers? She practically glowed. Put that together with her black hair and you had a beauty artists would kill each other to paint. Had a voice like an angel, too. When she sang Anché'Navia's operas, you just disappeared into the music. Nothing could match her voice." He looked down sadly and gave a half hearted laugh. "Best girl I ever knew. I would, and did, do anything for her.

"We were childhood sweethearts, ya know? We grew up close to each other. My dad was big in the jewel business; her's managed some sort of mining equipment deal. Problem was, when a new regulation or some such went into effect, it about bankrupted her family. They had to move and I thought I'd never see her again. Lucky for me, that voice of hers was her ticket back to the high life."

Okay. I feel better now. Thank you for helping me maintain a little bit of sanity!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Muses and a story blurb
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 12:40:20 PM »
It's always good to write again.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 11:58:52 PM »
Well, after reading those two paragraphs, I realized they can be taken very, very differently than I intended. It almost sounds like I've created yet another Mary Sue. Fact is, I hate Mary Sue's in stories and do my absolute best to avoid them at all costs. A Mary Sue, for those of you who don't know, is typically an author's self-insert and is always the most beautiful, most perfect, most tragic character that everyone instantly falls in love with and feels they have to protect. I'm actually working on a story where a girl is a real life Mary Sue, but doesn't realize it.

To put those paragraphs in context, they're Duke's memories of Aiyah. Memories are very often shaded to remember someone as either better or worse than they really were. He's put her on a pedestal and nothing is ever going to change his opinion. She's the woman he literally gave up everything for. 

This story is one where I explore just how far people will go for love, what makes a good person turn to crime, and how much a single event can change someone's personality. I'm just so excited about it that I can hardly sit still!

Okay, I'm going off to work now. I'm sure my brain will still be churning this over for the next several months ;)

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 03:49:43 AM »
Im sure you can work with it, hun <3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal