collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you love horse riding? Let's talk about it.  (Read 677 times)

Offline Roccoriel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Do you love horse riding? Let's talk about it.
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 03:28:26 AM »
I've been riding since I was 6.  I mainly did trails and jumping growing up, followed by some fox chasing.  I had a falling out with the woman I used to ride with about 3 or 4 years ago, so riding's been sporadic, but when he has horses in training, a local racehorse trainer lets me ride for him. 

I'm hoping to buy an off-the-track racehorse or two in the next year-ish amount of time and start trail riding and jumping again, though after 4 years, I will probably take a couple lessons, just to tune up!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2013, 04:22:47 AM »
I adore horses! I rode for about 5 years as a teenager but stopped when the yard changed to livery. I've started again at 22 , my brother-in-law's girlfriend has her own yard, so I've been able to ride some of the horses there and use her facilities :) My current saving goal is for my first horse!
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2013, 09:31:53 AM »
My parents had a Quarter Horse for years, he lived to 30+ (exact age uncertain). Really pretty, goofy, loved food. Jay was a chestnut with some white markings. I'll have to dig out a picture. We just did plain basic pleasure riding with him, but he was awesome. :)
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2013, 07:12:10 PM »
I take riding lessons once a week, and volunteer with disabled riders at a club which also does vaulting (which is not very common in New Zealand, I think it's the only vaulting club in the country).  Anyway, they let all the volunteers try out vaulting one day, here's me:

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2013, 01:57:10 AM »
stared at the age of seven and 20 years,  a lot less money and some how still in one piece. I am still doing it. Why I don't know...... but why breath lol

though I do know that my parents regret saying the words "do you want to have a go on that one" when we went to a local fair.  :lol:

i have done well ...a lot but currently I sometimes ride my friends horse. She is a dressage horse that goes by the name of windsong in the ring but we just call her maisy. to this day the ONLY mare that has not felt the need to throw me clear across the arena. She has being following me around since she was a four year old.

not bad for a dressage horse to do 90cm or should I say not bad for this horse

this is caddy her other pony. he is vertically challanged so needs a bit of help so he can spy on the neigbours

not that it stops him

then my two

Sam fell x welsh. he has qualified for windsor national driving back in the day. now he is just fat and lazy (till next year then he is in for a shock) we have a good working relationship he will do anything I ask of him........... as long as I have done it first.

Then finally shandy.

he to can drive but since things have gone quiet on that front I am trying to find out what else he is good at...... we have ruled out dressage after we did a forward roll in the field.

this is only his second time jumping with a rider on

Offline Storm.Runner

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Berkshire Exmoors
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2013, 04:11:47 AM »
Oooh horse riding is pretty much my life <3 I've been riding since I was 3 years old, started out on the 'Tots Trot' and then when I was 4 I had my first proper lesson and transferred to a closer stables to home for lessons every Saturday <3 I've never looked back since. Started helping out at the yard before and after my lesson when I was about 6/7ish years old.
Sadly had to take a break from age 14 till 18 when I went to uni due to an abusive instructor, but I threw myself back into horses :) Been back riding since September 2011 and started competing, and love every moment of it.

I regret letting my instructor chase me out as if I'd stuck it out, I'd be better placed to get into the industry - but hey ho.

This November I've just got permission from my local riding school to do 'No Stirrups November' to raise money for Cancer Research UK :)

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2013, 12:22:01 AM »
The best decision you ever made was to learn to ride! :D

I have a million pictures of me riding, but here are some of my favorites. The last one was taken a week ago on my young mare!

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2013, 03:00:41 AM »
My mom signed me up for riding lessons at one of the local stables when I was in 2nd grade.  I had to quit in 5th grade as it got too expensive @.@  I LOVED it and I miss riding so much ;_;  I plan to, one day, own at least one horse.

Jumping was always my favourite. >>  The stable had three arenas, each with varying levels of jumps set up: Beginners jumps, intermediate/not-so-low-to-the-ground jumps, and the advanced arena which had show-like jumps.  I was that one person that begged to do extra jumps when we were in the advanced arena. :P
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 03:50:36 AM by Kaeldre »

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2013, 03:19:13 AM »
I love horses, but don't have much experience riding them (went on a few trail rides back in the day, and rode a friend's horse around a little arena a few times when I was little). I think I'm more comfortable driving:

This is Chase, one of my friend's minis. ;)

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2013, 03:34:42 AM »
I love horses, but don't have much experience riding them (went on a few trail rides back in the day, and rode a friend's horse around a little arena a few times when I was little). I think I'm more comfortable driving:

This is Chase, one of my friend's minis. ;)

aww so cute. could do with borrowing him make cad feel as big as he thinks he is

Offline lindsayrose1985

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2013, 05:19:52 AM »
Wow everyone's real life ponies look fabulous!!!
I'm the proud owner of a 20 year old highland pony called flora.
I've had her for 11 years and she's had a few ups and downs with her health over the years,  But now she's sound and back in work. Definitely does not act her age when she's bucking around her very own 2 acre field !!

Hello, [you] i'm looking for so softs in need  of a little TLC :)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2013, 12:01:38 PM »
Lol everyone else is posting pictures I should join in. Although my pictures are old old...I'm bad about taking new ones. -_-

Broodmare DP
She's a dun/white tobiano paint. I've had her since she was six months old and now she just turned 14 or will be 14 in Feb

Being a broodmare she's had a pretty good life far as that goes, because I've only bred her five times. The sixth one (last baby she had) was my father's choice. She has stayed on his huge farm the last two years while I've been working, so when he asked to bred her of course I didn't mind. Lol, odd that now I ended up with her gelding. He's two, right now I call him SD. We will see what his name is

He's a dun/white medicine hat paint. The sorrel is my old barrel horse Chance. He's an appendix QH ( a QH that is half QH x TB just for those that don't know), although he's always been a bit more TB looking to me, so I guess he took after his mama. He's 17 now, but I got him when he was five.

This is a super old picture

The horse to the far left is the one I ride now Red. He's the paintxdraft cross. When I took that picture he was probably six..now he's sixteen soo long time.

ALso just because everyone else is posting in action here are a few. Gosh they are so old from like 2005 since I stopped competing my first year in college.

Riding Chance back when we used to hustle.  I hadn't owned him long at the time and was used to barrel racing Oakie. Oakie didn't need a deep pocket since she would dig down in the dirt. @_@ Chance was a bigger horse with longer strides and couldn't turn like she could. I remember this photo because it was probably our fourth time competing together, and I was all "whoops too small a pocket, we're going to miss that barrel".  :lol:  OMG practiced so hard with him after that for years.

Oakie my old pole bending mare, but she passed away a long time ago. I got her when I was probably 12 and had her till she was in her twenties.  She was just a regular QH but one of my best horses.

Garth buckskin tobiano paint. I tried training him for poles, but found out he had an old injury we missed when the vet did his first initial check up before purchase. Apparently before we got him he was used for cutting cattle on a farm, but a steer got him down and messed him up pretty badly. He did fine the first few months then would come up lame during practice till we figured out his issues. Kept him as a trail riding horse till he was about 11. Weirdo was out in the field running and ran into a cross tie post, cracked his skull and caused lots of damage. Had to put him down, and it was hands down the weirdest horse death I ever experienced. I also have no idea why the photographer took this picture at the time. I was just warming him up in the arena?
Oh wait a minute! I went to a rodeo halfway across the state just because it was about twenty minutes from where my grandmother lived. She passed away the first winter I was in college, and she had been in the hospital a lot for about five years. She never got to see me compete in high school or really junior high due to illness. If I remember right when she came my dad told the photographer to take as many pictures as he could so my grandmother could have them. Lol, that would explain a lot of weird shots I have sitting around of me just loping around the arena. I put them in my album when she passed away.

Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2013, 01:06:39 AM »
I've been riding for a long time :). I used to show when I was younger but I just ride for pleasure now. Started taking dressage lessons but my trainer moved and I'm having a hard time finding a new one. I have a BLM Mustang named Magic and there's a lot of prejudice where I live about Mustangs. People all think they're crazy, rank, trash horses that are unsafe and stupid. Magic is my 2nd Mustang, my first is retired now but I can say with absolute honesty that NO ONE has ever come off that horse! My family got him as a 2 year old straight from the BLM completely untrained and I was the first person on his back. He has since carried every sort of beginner from kids to grandparents and never a buck, spook, or anything! He is truly a wonderful horse! He's old now & has arthritis so he lives the good life out in the field but I do ride him every one in a while.

My other horse Magic came from the BLM but I'm not her first owner. She was adopted out at four and she's 7 now; I bought her last year. She was still very green when I got her and she has come a long way. She's super calm & smart! I'm thinking of doing some competitive trail riding with her. I'm working on lateral movement with her right now.

These are the two most recent pics of Magic & I. Just a couple of weeks old. Magic's been having some allergy issues so she's got some bald patches on her poor face, but we're getting it sorted out. I adore my horses & could blab on forever about them, so I'll shut up now!
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2013, 03:47:55 AM »
I love looking at all the pictures and am so envious. I miss riding so much. I had some glorius moments as a teenager and was a carer for a horse at the ridingschool. But the school had to close, due to a long sad story, and when they finally restarted on another location several years had passed and I no longer had time to ride. I did ride sporadic with some friends but not as much as before.
I've told myself that if I ever win the lottery I will get myself a car so I can take myself out to a descent ridingschool so I can begin again. I still have my old ridingclothes and helmet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal