collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon X & Y  (Read 19757 times)

ponygirl74

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pokemon X & Y
« Reply #585 on: October 21, 2013, 11:57:32 PM »
When it's your birthday- something really cool happens in the game- I thought something was wrong with my game  this morning (it's my birthday) and I got a surprise in the game. I like that Nintendo does that in this game.   

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #586 on: October 22, 2013, 12:12:05 AM »
The guidebook is out! :D This is the pic from my instagram:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Its little, doesnt include pokedex just walkthrough.

$19.99 US, $22.99 CAN, $34.95 AUS

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 22, 2013, 12:13:52 AM »
They hold the national championship qualifiers (I think thats what they are) every year pretty close to where I live and I tend to go over every year just to try my luck XD but the tournament crowd is so tough. I kinda like the in depth training with EV points and all (though I dont even half understand it XD)  but only after I have beat the game because it gives me something to do lol, but I tend to just make easy pickings for who ever is my opponent. Is there any one around here that played in the pokemon league at toys r us back in the day of gold and silver? I used to play there and loved it. Its the one main reason I hit up the tournament each year is the hope of running in to old friends :)

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Flarewing

« Reply #588 on: October 22, 2013, 12:28:43 AM »
When it's your birthday- something really cool happens in the game- I thought something was wrong with my game  this morning (it's my birthday) and I got a surprise in the game. I like that Nintendo does that in this game.   

Happy birthday! :D

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 22, 2013, 01:47:01 AM »

On the subject of Wonder Trade, what have you all received that has made you think 'Didn't expect that to come through'?
I've received a Lv 47 Talonflame with the Kalos Champion ribbon attached, someone's Lapras (the one given to you), and several items (including a Mawile holding an Ultra Ball).

I mostly get common things, but I keep trading until I get something I want.  I'm persistant! 

I the best things I've gotten from Wonder Trade are:

a blue japanese Flabebe,
Spanish Ralts,
a level 30 japanese Larvesta,
something with the Pokerus,
a japanese female Froakie with Protean ability (now in my team)
and a Ditto!

I know I have gotten a few more decent ones, but I can't remember them right now.  I'm on my lunch break and don't have my DS here.  ;)

Like I said before, Wonder Trade is like playing the lottery.  You 'lose' a lot, but sometimes you get a little gem!

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 22, 2013, 02:42:59 AM »
I've been putting rare later game pokes on wonder trade for fun, since I don't plan to use them for anything else. My friend's been putting up dittos she finds in the pokemon village.

Have we talked about the creepy stuff in Lumiose City? The ghost girl, the sign in the station that says 'stay here, it's too dangerous, I'll get help' or something like that and the two abandoned skiddos outside waiting for their owner?

this little guy  came home with me today as a personal reward for me passing my test at school.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Rainsong

« Reply #591 on: October 22, 2013, 02:46:06 AM »
I've been putting rare later game pokes on wonder trade for fun, since I don't plan to use them for anything else. My friend's been putting up dittos she finds in the pokemon village.

Have we talked about the creepy stuff in Lumiose City? The ghost girl, the sign in the station that says 'stay here, it's too dangerous, I'll get help' or something like that and the two abandoned skiddos outside waiting for their owner?

this little guy  came home with me today as a personal reward for me passing my test at school.

Grats on passing the test! I've seen the Fenniken plushies and wanted them, maybe that's how I should go about it - a reward for something!

I'm not far into the game, so the only thing I've seen is one Skiddo sleeping on the sidewalk... I'll have to keep my eyes open for the other things.

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 22, 2013, 02:52:44 AM »
The two skiddos and message are the train station, it's an old lady across the street who tells you they're abandoned.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

ponygirl74

« Reply #593 on: October 22, 2013, 03:13:20 AM »

Happy birthday! :D
Thank you!

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 22, 2013, 04:10:12 AM »
On the subject of Wonder Trade, what have you all received that has made you think 'Didn't expect that to come through'?
A Japanese Eevee. I'm gonna be Masuda Methoding it up!

I managed to get a friend safari with Nintales, so now I have two breeding pairs of Drought Ninetales. Still hunting for spare Braixen with Magician though.

ETA: Froakie plushie! Cute! Congrats on your test! I should put up a picture of the mini Vaporeon and Sylveon plushies that live next to my computer.

Any foreign language game people have a Vulpix or Ninetales with Drought? I will swap with you for an American one! Great for using the Masuda Method of breeding shinies.

Got a foreign Eevee! An Italian one with PokeRUS! Yay!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 07:09:19 AM by Corona »

Duster reference]

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 22, 2013, 07:00:10 AM »
Foreign Dittos are also good as well for the Matsuda Method. :D it's part of the reason why Dittos are very sought after.

That Froakie plush is cute! :D i had been debating on getting the "giant" Fennekin plush from TRU. I do have a Sylveon plush for now, which can keep my Lucario plush company. xD
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 22, 2013, 07:10:21 AM »
Foreign Dittos are also good as well for the Matsuda Method. :D it's part of the reason why Dittos are very sought after.

That Froakie plush is cute! :D i had been debating on getting the "giant" Fennekin plush from TRU. I do have a Sylveon plush for now, which can keep my Lucario plush company. xD
I forgot about foreign Dittos! Gonna have to hunt one down.

Anyone else working on MM shinies? Currently breeding for Eevees and Fennekin.

Duster reference]

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 22, 2013, 07:13:41 AM »

I forgot about foreign Dittos! Gonna have to hunt one down.

Anyone else working on MM shinies? Currently breeding for Eevees and Fennekin.
It's not too hard to get one if you use the GTS and have a Ditto to offer. i know people would trade Dittos all the time and get different region ones. :3

I sorta am. I have a JPN ditto in my daycare, and most of  pokemon I out in are from my region or a different one, so in a way I am always trying for a shiny. xD
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Flarewing

« Reply #598 on: October 22, 2013, 07:45:17 AM »
My breeding Ditto is from Japan, too, so every pokemon I breed is a shiny attempt! :D

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 22, 2013, 08:28:25 AM »
Well now I feel like I gotta catch a Ditto!

Moment of awesome: I got randomly challenged by someone I Wonder Traded with. I sent out my Absol and they sent out Tyrantrum. I mega-evolved Absol and Tyrantrum used Toxic. What they didn't count on was MegaAbsol's ability: Magic Bounce. Reflected Toxic onto Tyrantrum and nailed it.

Never been challenged out of the blue before but it's my first link battle win so I'm proud of it.

ETA: Fixed the error! Apparently the communication error happens if you filter by Pokemon you have. That seems awfully counterproductive.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 08:39:33 AM by Corona »

Duster reference]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal