collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon X & Y  (Read 19894 times)

Offline Dainty

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SHS collector ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon X & Y
« Reply #555 on: October 21, 2013, 11:23:22 AM »
So, i'm ending up with a normal type team, I think...

Only definitive team members are my Linoon named David Bowie and my kangaskhan named Kanga :cool: Maybe a wigglytuff?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 21, 2013, 11:24:15 AM »
Just got a Friend Safari with Swanna, Pidgey and Rufflet :) Gyarados, Poliwhirl and Octillary too. Looking for Scyther now as well as Drought Vulpix.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 21, 2013, 11:28:43 AM »

Only definitive team members are my Linoon named David Bowie and my kangaskhan named Kanga :cool: Maybe a wigglytuff?
if Milktank is still a normal type, I would suggest that for your team. But I am a tad biased because even though I had bad memories of Milktank (*glares at Gym Leader Whitney*), i have a soft spot for the pokemon. xD Kangashan is awesome!

@ glacia: if u come across the drought Vulpix/Ninetails, let me know? I would like to have one as well, if possible. And I'll keep an eye out for you (i havent gone through all of my Safaris's yet). :D
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 21, 2013, 11:32:04 AM »
I added someone who had a Ninetales in their Safari but they haven't added me back. I'm still searching for one on Reddit.

Duster reference]

Offline Glacia471

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 21, 2013, 11:42:37 AM »

if Milktank is still a normal type, I would suggest that for your team. But I am a tad biased because even though I had bad memories of Milktank (*glares at Gym Leader Whitney*), i have a soft spot for the pokemon. xD Kangashan is awesome!

@ glacia: if u come across the drought Vulpix/Ninetails, let me know? I would like to have one as well, if possible. And I'll keep an eye out for you (i havent gone through all of my Safaris's yet). :D

You can be sure I'll at least breed a box or two full! Maybe I'll start asking for Vulpix on the GTS and pray for one with Drought...

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 21, 2013, 12:06:55 PM »
Wigglytuffs can be beasts. Normal types are so versatile, they learn TONS of moves, and powerful ones too. Disadvantage: well..... their STAB moves are not super-effective against anything, and they can't do anything ghost types, and barely nick rock and steel. A good normal type... hmm... well, I loved my Stoutland in White and White 2; they are bulky so-and-sos. Plus, they often have intimidate, which helps them against the foe of Normal types, the highly physical Fighting type! It cuts attack, so the high-hp and bulky tanks that are Stoutlands have a chance. Audinos are good for double battles too; they are monster when it comes to walling.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

ponygirl74

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #561 on: October 21, 2013, 12:41:38 PM »
I have a question - what is the difference between wonder trade and GTS? is one better then the other? Or does it matter?

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 21, 2013, 12:45:12 PM »
I have a question - what is the difference between wonder trade and GTS? is one better then the other? Or does it matter?
GTS - you can specifically look/get the pokemon you are seeking for.
Wonder Trade - random trade. You get what you end up with. Think of it like opening a grab bag or a bosster card pack.

I think both are equal but I do find Wonder Trade to be more fun.

Offline Glacia471

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 21, 2013, 12:50:08 PM »
What Milky said :) Also, with the GTS, you can deposit a pokemon and walk away essentially until someone trades for it, versus the Wonder Trade, where you have to constantly offer up a pokemon. Wonder Trade is amazing early game, and the GTS is great for filling those holes in your pokedex. If you breed starters or other popular pokemon (Scatterbugs are really hot right now too), you should be able to get what you're looking for, within reason of course.

ponygirl74

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #564 on: October 21, 2013, 01:17:05 PM »
Cool I'll try wonder trade sometime - I have a bunch of Pokemon I've bee breeding trying to get nature/stats I'd like so I could do a wonder trade with them. The only thing I don't like about the GTS is that people sometimes ask for say a legendary Pokemon for something that can be got ingame that might take sometime to get. I want to get a foreign Pokemon like a ditto and there are people who offer them for a legendary Pokemon like the X or Y exclusive ones - I'm not giving up my legendary Pokemon X for a ditto. 
On that note  I'm glad Nintendo made the 3DS games hard to hack - I don't think that anyone has found  a way to hack it yet - I know from the past the GTS would be full of lv 1 starter hacks asking for hard to find Pokemon or legendary Pokemon, or one would see a event Pokemon there you know was hacked because you can't trade them on the GTS.         

Offline Glacia471

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 21, 2013, 01:39:15 PM »
When you're searching for a pokemon on the GTS, on that screen where you enter what you're looking for, you can go to 'options' and then select to include or not include people searching for 'Special' pokemon. If you choose not to include them, it will filter out all of those people searching for Xerneas, Yvetal, etc. The legendary birds are not 'special' though apparently.

ETA: Just got a Timid Vulpix with Drought for one of my Wishing Eevees on the GTS  :biggrin: I will get to breeding it shortly~
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 01:41:28 PM by Glacia471 »

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 21, 2013, 02:31:22 PM »
Woot woot on finding the Vulpix! :D

I just caught
Spoiler
Zygarde
and it was probably the most anti-climatic pokemon catch ever. One quick ball and the catching O-power lv 1, and that was it. I was kinda bummed to be honest - had hoped it would break out the ball and put up a fight. xD:

Offline Aitsuki

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 21, 2013, 02:33:50 PM »

I just caught
Spoiler
Zygarde
and it was probably the most anti-climatic pokemon catch ever. One quick ball and the catching O-power lv 1, and that was it. I was kinda bummed to be honest - had hoped it would break out the ball and put up a fight. xD:

*angry explosion*
 That's all it took for you!? Aw man, it took me forEVER, I didn't know you could use to powers on yourself at the time and I used over 30 ultra balls and a bunch of timer balls.. so many obscenities.....

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 21, 2013, 02:49:00 PM »

I just caught
Spoiler
Zygarde

*angry explosion*
 That's all it took for you!? Aw man, it took me forEVER, I didn't know you could use to powers on yourself at the time and I used over 30 ultra balls and a bunch of timer balls.. so many obscenities.....
I'd totally trade you catching experiences for the pokemon. D: I like easy catches, but for a pokemon that was so "hidden"/powerful, I wanted it to last longer. Xerneas and Mewtwo (who was frozen) put up a fight after a Quick Ball, so I thought it would do the same thing. But foolish me saved right after out of habit. Dx

Offline Aitsuki

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 21, 2013, 03:25:13 PM »
I was so upset.... all that money...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal