collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon X & Y  (Read 19910 times)

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon X & Y
« Reply #1260 on: November 11, 2013, 06:54:33 AM »
Do friend safari's work even if the other person hasn't completed the 8 gyms?   If so, what is mine?? 

Flarewing

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1261 on: November 11, 2013, 07:12:58 AM »
Friend safaris work even if the other person doesn't own either version of the game. It's simply based on the friend code sequence, but you have to actually be "friends", mutually added; you can punch in someone's code, but if they don't add you, you don't get a safari based on their friend code. For example, I have kaoskat as a mutually added friend, and I had a FS for her (Flying, I believe). I have added Vampasaurus when she added her FC to the Animal Crossing thread chain, but she never added me back, and I have never had a FS for her.

The safaris fall into two categories: those who have beaten the Final Four, and those who have not. Obviously, if they haven't bought the game, they haven't beaten the Final Four. Those who cleared the game have three pokemon available, and those who have not cleared only have the first two of three. The game assumes that they haven't cleared the Final Four by default, up until the point where you're connected to the internet at the same time that they are after they have cleared it, and then their third pokemon will be unlocked for your access.

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: November 11, 2013, 07:13:41 AM »
Do friend safari's work even if the other person hasn't completed the 8 gyms?   If so, what is mine??
Your safari is fire. Haven't encountered the other pokemon, but growlithe is in there. :)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: November 11, 2013, 08:54:12 AM »
Friend safaris work even if the other person doesn't own either version of the game. It's simply based on the friend code sequence, but you have to actually be "friends", mutually added; you can punch in someone's code, but if they don't add you, you don't get a safari based on their friend code. For example, I have kaoskat as a mutually added friend, and I had a FS for her (Flying, I believe). I have added Vampasaurus when she added her FC to the Animal Crossing thread chain, but she never added me back, and I have never had a FS for her.

The safaris fall into two categories: those who have beaten the Final Four, and those who have not. Obviously, if they haven't bought the game, they haven't beaten the Final Four. Those who cleared the game have three pokemon available, and those who have not cleared only have the first two of three. The game assumes that they haven't cleared the Final Four by default, up until the point where you're connected to the internet at the same time that they are after they have cleared it, and then their third pokemon will be unlocked for your access.

:3 Thanks for the explanation ~
^^; That's pretty neat that just mutual friends have it, and not just people who have the game.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Flarewing

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1264 on: November 11, 2013, 09:13:23 AM »

:3 Thanks for the explanation ~
^^; That's pretty neat that just mutual friends have it, and not just people who have the game.

Yup, I'm a big nerd. :D It's a neat little networking feature that helps people out in the game. It rewards players who share their codes with their friends, rather than people who just punch in a bunch of random numbers hoping to get lucky.

Speaking of, Bandit, should I add you to my spreadsheet of X & Y players?

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: November 11, 2013, 09:24:46 AM »
Your safari is fire. Haven't encountered the other pokemon, but growlithe is in there. :)

Neat, thanks!

Post Merge: November 11, 2013, 09:25:13 AM

Thanks for all the info!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: November 11, 2013, 09:27:18 AM »
Yup, I'm a big nerd. :D It's a neat little networking feature that helps people out in the game. It rewards players who share their codes with their friends, rather than people who just punch in a bunch of random numbers hoping to get lucky.

Speaking of, Bandit, should I add you to my spreadsheet of X & Y players?

Yes, I would appreciate it ^^

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: November 11, 2013, 10:09:38 AM »
I never thought I'd be unhappy to see an Eevee!!!! But after over 150....... T.T I just want my shiny!!!!!
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: November 11, 2013, 11:14:35 AM »
I never thought I'd be unhappy to see an Eevee!!!! But after over 150....... T.T I just want my shiny!!!!!

Awww, I bet!   I hope it happens for you soon!

Offline Aitsuki

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: November 11, 2013, 11:15:51 AM »
No kidding.... continuing from, anyone want a handful of Eevees???? I can give you any nature you like....

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: November 11, 2013, 11:38:28 AM »

You've also got Slugma, but no third pokemon so far.

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: November 11, 2013, 11:47:24 AM »

You've also got Slugma, but no third pokemon so far.

From what I understand the 3rd won't show until I beat the Final 4.  I'm still at 5 badges. 

Thanks for letting me know the second one!

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: November 11, 2013, 11:57:18 AM »
Friend code: 1220 6744 1769
Name: Zephyrus

Added (not mutual yet): Melipuffles, Chaosette, Timpertie, ponygirl74, Aitsuki, DazzleKitty, Aquarel, barbgirl1999, Calico_Star, Corona,

I'm still digging through the posts, I'll try to add more. :)

Thanks for all the friends so far! Oh, and I'd love to know what my safari is! ^_^
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 12:06:54 PM by Darkflare »
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Aitsuki

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: November 11, 2013, 12:12:15 PM »
........ This is really ironic, Zephyrus. Your safari is Flying type!!!!

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: November 11, 2013, 12:16:21 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUg9CSN3034

This is cool and might help those of you who are currently mass breeding.  I know I plan to try it out once I am ready!  Might save some sore thumbs! 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal