collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: you know your addicted to ponies when.....................  (Read 11567 times)

Offline MorningGlorysParadise82

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: you know your addicted to ponies when.....................
« Reply #120 on: January 10, 2014, 03:59:14 PM »
You know you're addicted when you dream about finding G1's in the weirdest places, make plans with your hubby that incorporate his Lionel trains with your ponies, and when holidays and Birthdays come around he asks you which ponies you don't have yet...
Oh and when the plans for the trains falls through you argue about who doesn't have space for what! LOL
Live as though the world is as it should be, to show what it can be.
Want List/My Ponydex/Ref.sheet

Sprintex

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2014, 04:19:00 PM »
... make plans with your hubby that incorporate his Lionel trains with your ponies,

Or when you spend ages making a video that combines trains with ponies and uploading it to Youtube ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wTM1QO7_Os

Paul
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:30:15 PM by Sprintex »

Offline minamarie

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile

Kiwigirl

« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2014, 04:35:57 AM »
When I come home from work one day and find that my fiancé has fluttershy as his background on his phone and when asked why he says "She's my favorite".
I have since found out that since I started getting more obsessed with ponies my fiancé and his workmate talk about ponies at work cause his workmates daughter like ponies.
He now seems to catch me off-guard with his pony knowledge lol

Sooo apparently I have converted my fiancé.

Offline MorningGlorysParadise82

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2014, 05:50:06 AM »
... make plans with your hubby that incorporate his Lionel trains with your ponies,

Or when you spend ages making a video that combines trains with ponies and uploading it to Youtube ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wTM1QO7_Os

Paul

AWESOME! I Loved it! I gotta show my husband! I want Steamer for that exact reason! how many collectibles are out there that can cross like that!? lol
Live as though the world is as it should be, to show what it can be.
Want List/My Ponydex/Ref.sheet

Offline doxiechic16

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2014, 06:09:46 AM »
When you check craigslist more than once day and have at least 15 different ways you search for mlp...

My pony addiction symptoms sounds similar this and to some of the others posted.....

When you compulsively check ebay, ebay UK, the For Sale thread, etsy and any other pony site you can think of throughout the day on weekends and multiple times on weekdays after work to make sure you don't miss out on any bargains and/or super rare ponies. 

Which leads to:

When "Oh, there's no harm in just looking...." turns into several hundred dollars worth of impulse pony purchases.   :blush:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 06:11:51 AM by doxiechic16 »

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2014, 06:12:45 AM »
When you go out of town and you can't wait to get your pony hunt fix  in their local stores/malls LOL :)

GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Kiwigirl

« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2014, 02:07:17 PM »
When you spend hours on international websites (I'm from New Zealand) Looking for ponies and trying to figure out how much USD is in NZD and figuring how much it costs to ship to New Zealand.

I recently found out that there is an NZ post shop in OR so I don't have to pay as much for shipping. They charge extra for each 500g so I just spend the better part of two hours on amazon calculating the weight of all the item I want so I know how much it will cost for shipping lol

It also means that the items they usually won't ship here can get here :D YAY

Offline Dorothy Rose

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2014, 04:30:21 PM »
Oh my goodness!  So many of these apply to me and/or my friends!

You know you're addicted to ponies when...

...your roommate says, "In the past 25 years, I never thought I'd be surrounded by ponies again."

...six months ago, you thought said roommate was spending too much on a $100 display case for her collectables, but now you're wondering if a $300 display case is worth it for ponies.

...you decide $300 is too much for your budget at this time and, instead, consider selling or giving away your manga to make more space for ponies.

...your conditioner is running low and you forgo using it on yourself so that your ponies don't have to go without.

...you finally go shopping for conditioner again and you give zero thought about what your hair needs and only buy what is best for your ponies.

...you have to go somewhere depressing and do something stressful and know the anxiety levels are going to be high and you bring your favourite blind bag G4 with you in your pocket or purse so that you'll be able to enjoy at least ONE thing in your environment.

...you're not even buying ponies right now, but they're still multiplying somehow!

...you think about ponies in terms of Toy Story, imagine the fun they must have together when you're gone, make sure they have an easy way to get down from and back up to the shelf in a hurry, and hope that your museum style of love doesn't make them homesick for whoever used to play with them before you bought them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Dorothy Rose
Want List

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2014, 10:45:26 PM »

...you think about ponies in terms of Toy Story, imagine the fun they must have together when you're gone, make sure they have an easy way to get down from and back up to the shelf in a hurry, and hope that your museum style of love doesn't make them homesick for whoever used to play with them before you bought them.

OMG i thought i was the only one that went through this!!

I'm like.. well the ones on the shevles cant get down.. better make sure the table is close to the shelves so they can all hop down!!

ok.. you know your additcted to ponies when you start refering to them as real people

and

when your ex drill seargent elderly father, comments on how pretty your two new sparkly ones are!
heh

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 11, 2014, 11:11:01 PM »
When you spend hours searching amazon with a gift card you got for Christmas for a G3 that isn't $50 to $100.  I got one on my wishlist that was $15--Blue Mist.  Yeah, still too much but it was under $20.  :biggrin:/color]

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #131 on: January 12, 2014, 04:50:50 AM »
...when your daughter tells you that you have enough and it's time to go now. ^^;

...when someone comments that if they were into tattoos they'd be very interested in having the one I was drawing as one. :blush:

...when you get frustrated that the paint isn't just right on the one you're working on and your Eldest goes and gets you some MLP gummies to make you feel better. ^.^  BTW, I wish there were MLP chocolates too. Just because.
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 13, 2014, 05:00:00 AM »
You find random accessories in your purse.  Today was Steamer's hat.

Offline LordBlumiere

• keykid in a police box
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • doctor heart stealer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #133 on: January 13, 2014, 06:24:14 AM »
...you ask the lady at the used bookstore to call in if she gets any MLP books--kids' books or not!
...you go to Wal-Mart intending to buy something else, and walk out with something pony-related instead... :blush:
...you think pony-related things are perfectly acceptable rewards for a job well done.
...you want to keep your MLP colouring book mint, so you scan the pages and colour the scans instead!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

they/them, he/him, xie/xir/xirs
grail: princess silver swirl (original)

G4Sweeties

« Reply #134 on: January 13, 2014, 06:58:56 AM »
You know your addicted when.... (I am guilty of all of this! :D)
-You often anthrophormize (I dont know how to spell it >,<) your ponies, and refer to them as so.
-You had to move your ponies out of your room.
-You build a cute little bedroom/shelf for your ponies <3
-You have a whole box filled to the brim with pony accessories.
-You occasionally bring a small pony with you to school to help you confiscate.
-After doing your homework in study block, you go on the computer and look at pictures of ponies.
-You find yourself drawing and dreaming of ponies alot.
-In your Minecraft world, there's a part of it entirely dedicated to ponies! :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal