collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Worst Pony Name You've Ever Heard  (Read 11749 times)

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
Re: The Worst Pony Name You've Ever Heard
« Reply #165 on: December 31, 2013, 01:46:42 PM »
Toola Roola (because it's very awkward to pronounce)
My only problem with Toola Roola is that every time I hear her name, I get "Come On Eileen" stuck in my head. Or maybe that isn't a problem.

She's the G4 who appeared as an alicorn once due to a drawing error.  She had a better name forher qt first, but she became Princess Erroria.  Seriously she's named after an error?
Never heard of her :P what does she look like?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Normally she's a pegasus who gets called "Alula." In that one shot she got to be an alicorn and was named "Pluto" for a couple years or so, until some other site decided to rename her Princess Erroria. Such is democracy. (And she's also appeared as a unicorn, because background ponies are fluid that way...)

Offline RobynGraves

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 28, 2014, 09:54:10 PM »
Whizzer, Fizzy, Floater, Squeezer, Snookums, Hippity Hop. Sticky is a bit like Shady: too funny to be actually bad, but her poor twin Sniffles has a horrible name as do Big Top and Toppy, Jabber and Jebber, Bootsie and Tootsie. Little Tabby and Little Whiskers... I don't do cats. Anything with Sparkle. Most Big Brother names. Twinkle Dancer is a little stupid, Pretty Belle and Flowerbelle quite unimaginative. Scootaloo and Cheerilee are absolutely awful.

One G2 name that I never understood is Glittery Study. :|

GLITTERY STUDY what even is that!

Some of the worst G3 names (besides the aforementioned Tinka and Toola Roola, etc) are the ones with food names combined with random words. Tangerine Twinkle, Strawberry Reef, Tangerine Sunset, Coconut Grove....

Thanks to SDS for my avatar and Nence for my sig!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 28, 2014, 10:54:21 PM »
Woosie is terrible! I found her at the thrift today and was sad to learn her name...just...WTH? She's got cute playing kitties on her tushy! How about something cute?

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 28, 2014, 11:35:48 PM »
Oh man, I always thought Tink a Tink a Too was Tink a Too Too (never paid attention to g3 much, just skim anything I read about it usually) and I thought that was cute. haha, the real name is pretty weird! A little cute but more weird.

I don't like Snuzzle, Tootsie, Backstroke, Angel, 4-speed, Woosie, Molasses, or Cranberry Muffins. There are probably more..

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 28, 2014, 11:59:57 PM »
Oh man, I always thought Tink a Tink a Too was Tink a Too Too (never paid attention to g3 much, just skim anything I read about it usually) and I thought that was cute. haha, the real name is pretty weird! A little cute but more weird.

I don't like Snuzzle, Tootsie, Backstroke, Angel, 4-speed, Woosie, Molasses, or Cranberry Muffins. There are probably more..
Snuzzle is the best name ever as it sounds like Snuggle mixed with Nuzzle.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Iris Patch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #170 on: March 01, 2014, 07:17:12 AM »

I agree, it sounds so cute! Huggy cuddly pony. ^^

As for me, I am bothered by the title Winger Ponies. Why not Winged Ponies? Winger reminds me of someone I know of with that last name who is kind of gross, so I just think of that weird gross guy whenever I see that type of pony. Of course that's just me but still, Winger doesn't make sense.

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 01, 2014, 08:16:30 AM »
For some reason, Pretty Belle has always bothered me :huh:.
I also find the name '4-Speed weird and try to call him 'Trucker' whenever possible.

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 01, 2014, 08:32:47 AM »
Shady has always made me raise an eyebrow. I know what Hasbro was intending, but I always think of her as being a thief or someone of questionable activity. |D
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 01, 2014, 08:53:11 AM »
Woosie is terrible! I found her at the thrift today and was sad to learn her name...just...WTH? She's got cute playing kitties on her tushy! How about something cute?

For some reason the notion of drunk mice always made sense to me...for that reason I loved her name. :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Worst Pony Name You\'ve Ever Heard
« Reply #174 on: March 01, 2014, 09:16:33 AM »

Which are both ugly/gross words to me. :lol:

Post Merge: March 01, 2014, 09:18:06 AM

I agree, it sounds so cute! Huggy cuddly pony. ^^

As for me, I am bothered by the title Winger Ponies. Why not Winged Ponies? Winger reminds me of someone I know of with that last name who is kind of gross, so I just think of that weird gross guy whenever I see that type of pony. Of course that's just me but still, Winger doesn't make sense.

They're officially called summer wing and windy wing ponies. I think winger might be kind of a nickname collectors tacked on.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 09:18:06 AM by ponycake »

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Stars

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • 'You're special to me!' ~ Sweet Berry
    • View Profile
    • The Cave of the Past - My Blog
« Reply #175 on: March 01, 2014, 12:11:32 PM »
Morning Glory was one of my favourite G2 ponies as a child and I can't talk about her to my boyfriend without him bursting into fits and giggles and me going IT'S A FLOWER OKAY exasperatedly. I still think she's a beautiful pony and I love her name I just wish it didn't have the double meaning!  :yikes:

Jolly is a pretty pony, white and blonde and delicate and I just didn't think it fit her XD
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 12:13:08 PM by Stars »

Thank you to Nence for my lovely Rosie Teapony and Shiverdam for my Rosie Seapony <3
3DS Friend Code: 1805 - 2156 - 2596 | Mii: Ellie | AC: Nellie - Town: Phenac | Pokemon Y: Eleanor

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 01, 2014, 12:26:56 PM »
Flippity Flop makes no sense to me. How the heck is a pony gonna wear flip flops? How would a g3 or 4 pony even know what flip flops are? What kinda talent could a pony with flips flops as a cutie mark possibly have? I don't even...

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #177 on: March 01, 2014, 12:34:37 PM »
Romperooni >_<

Offline Nightbow

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 01, 2014, 01:33:56 PM »
Morning Glory was one of my favourite G2 ponies as a child and I can't talk about her to my boyfriend without him bursting into fits and giggles and me going IT'S A FLOWER OKAY exasperatedly. I still think she's a beautiful pony and I love her name I just wish it didn't have the double meaning!  :yikes:

Lol, I hear ya. G1 Morning Glory was my childhood hero. I love her, and what's more is that I separately discovered the flower and later learned it's name (in english). This is a nightmare!
I can't talk with my boyfriend about my fave pony, 'cause he'll just shoot me a naughty look and we both burst out giggling. And I suppose asking for my fav flower is out of the question...

Oh wait. He says that's no problem.
I'm looking to buy Port-o-Bella. Please email me.

AppleCherryPie

« Reply #179 on: March 05, 2014, 03:47:12 AM »
Toola Roola (because it's very awkward to pronounce)
My only problem with Toola Roola is that every time I hear her name, I get "Come On Eileen" stuck in my head. Or maybe that isn't a problem.

:lol: I always get the song Bogart sings in the movie Sabrina stuck in my head "Boola Boola, boola boola..."

As a kid I always used to think of the icky names Sniffles & Sticky as meaning before & after. And Jabber & Jebber make no sense. These days they just remind me of Star Wars.  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal