collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Animal Crossing Thread, Part 4  (Read 29962 times)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Animal Crossing Thread, Part 4
« Reply #1365 on: April 21, 2014, 06:53:28 PM »
Crumbs! I missed you! Ended up having family dramas to deal with and completely forgot about AC! I'm sorry. Hopefully I'll catch you again later.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: April 22, 2014, 12:05:01 PM »
Diana sneaked out on me. :(

However, if anyone has that camouflage gator (I forget his name) that they want to be rid of, my boy would love to have him in our town. :)
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

SwiftheartBabbit

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1367 on: April 23, 2014, 07:21:36 AM »
Diana sneaked out on me. :(

However, if anyone has that camouflage gator (I forget his name) that they want to be rid of, my boy would love to have him in our town. :)

Oh, that's Sly, I think! He was one of my older villagers. Long gone, unfortunately. Hope you find him!

I'll probably try to be on with open gates again this evening, if anyone will happen to be around. :)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: April 23, 2014, 01:40:04 PM »
I'm seriously upset right now. My pink 3DS XL is missing and it has my copy of ACNL in it. Since my brother, son and I all have our own 3DS, my brother and I made a deal where if I go somewhere I'll take all three systems, and when he goes out for a walk, he'll take them out. Well, today, I got up, did my StreetPass games and played Animal Crossing, then moved my system to the table where I usually keep it when I'm not playing it, in the living room. When my brother was ready to go out, he took all three systems and put them in his pockets, but when he came back, mine wasn't there. He didn't remember for sure if he took mine or not, but we know my system isn't in the house because they would have StreetPassed my system by now if it were still in the house somewhere. He's out looking for it now, but I'm not too hopeful about it getting found because the kids are now home from school, so if anyone found it, they likely would just keep it or sell it. I'm in tears now because it was an early birthday present and I can't afford to replace it, not to mention the digital games I have on it or my copy of Animal Crossing. I put 2 months into that game, playing every single day and I have Fauna, who I adore and don't want to lose.

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: April 23, 2014, 01:48:54 PM »
:( I'm sorry, Shorty. I hope it gets back to you safe and sound. :hug:

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: April 23, 2014, 03:51:35 PM »
:( I'm sorry, Shorty. I hope it gets back to you safe and sound. :hug:

It's not looking good. My brother went out with his 3DS and didn't get a StreetPass from mine, so we're pretty sure either someone found it already or it broke when it fell, though he claims he looked everywhere he was and would have seen it if it were somewhere outside. Even if I do manage to scrape enough money together to replace my system (my birthday is coming up next Tuesday so I might get some birthday money if I'm lucky, and I'll be babysitting my niece this week) I'll still lose all my digital games and my copy of Animal Crossing as well as 3 months worth of StreetPass data. I'm dreading how many times I'd have to restart a new copy of AC before getting Fauna as one of my villagers again.

I'm now looking in to whether I can somehow at least get my digital games moved to a new system since I registered my system and have my serial number as well as my NNID. But so far, it looks like I need both systems in order to transfer anything.

Offline kaoskat

• View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: April 23, 2014, 04:41:24 PM »
:( Maybe someone here has Fauna/will have Fauna in the future and they can give her to you. I just sent my Fauna off to someone else I think it was yesterday, so I can't help unfortunately. But someone else might be able to.

kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

SwiftheartBabbit

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1372 on: April 23, 2014, 05:32:13 PM »
Aw, ShortyBoo, I'm sorry. :( Hope it turns up.

My gates are open now and will be for a bit.

Offline kaoskat

• View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: April 23, 2014, 07:48:20 PM »
All right. I have a theory I am currently testing to get rid of unwanted villagers. So far, it seems to work. I have 3 more test subjects to evict but I thought I would share my current findings and process if anyone else wants to help me test by trying to get rid of their unwanted villagers. Ok, I just started trying to get rid of 2 villagers in one town and 2 villagers in my other town. I started my experiment on....the 19th (or possibly 18th I can't remember now). And so far, I have already rid myself of one of the villagers, so test results look good.

Villagers for removal:
Gigi from Katalan; been around for several months or so
Marshal from Katalan; new resident. Moved in a few days ago. (he'll be a true tell of the experiment)
Cyrano from Katopia; long term resident, original villager
Broffina from Katopia; moved in March 30

Experiment procedures:

Talk to all villagers once a day. Talk to test villagers until they refuse to talk anymore everyday. Do anything test villagers ask.

Results so far:

Katalan:
Hamphrey asked to move 2 days after experiment began. Hamphrey was told he is my prisoner and never allowed to leave Katalan. Two days later, unwanted villager Gigi asks to leave. Gigi is told to get her dumb butt out of my town and never come back. Rushed to moving day and booted Gigi out.

4-26-2014
Apple asked to leave. Again told she is never leaving. Getting rid of Marshal may be a bit difficult because he is so new and all my hamsters love me, but I'm going to keep trying.

Katopia: Pending

Fauna asked to leave yesterday. She was the first to ask to leave after the experiment began. This was not unexpected. I expected the first one or two to ask would be the ones who were not test subjects. I am hoping that within the next 2 or 3 villagers to ask to go will be one or, if I'm lucky, both test subjects.

4-26-2014
Broffina asked to move! Results are looking good! That's now two down! Two to go! If Cyrano asks to move next I will count this experiment a success for older villagers!

I will update with more results when I have them. Feel free to join me in my experiment and post your findings too!

Gigi has been a thorn in my side since she moved in. She came to Katalan from Katopia (where I didn't really want her either) and plopped her stupid house right down in my perfect apple orchard practically on top of my house! I was so mad! I am beyond thrilled she is gone.

Marshal I like and wouldn't mind him staying except he put his house in the middle of my road.

Cyrano isn't terrible but he's been around long enough and I don't particularly like him and I adore my other villagers (except the chicken).

Broffina......Needs to get out. Nothing against her exactly, but I don't really like the chickens. I like the cute little rodents and things and she's a goofy looking chicken and she ruins the whole look of my town with her not pink, blue, or cute self. At least Cyrano is blue.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 07:18:01 PM by kaoskat »

Offline Rainbow Revolver

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • An actual dog!!
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1374 on: April 23, 2014, 09:41:10 PM »
I won't have my system for 2 weeks since it needs repairs :ccccc

3DS Friend Code: 0619-4155-8870

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: April 24, 2014, 01:06:37 AM »
OMG, I can't believe I haven't posted here yet!! I got Animal Crossing for Christmas, didn't really start it until the beginning of February, and I've been totally addicted ever since!! I've lost two of my fave villagers (Diana and Zell!!), and I never even got Diana's picture! So sad! Although Ankha moved in to take Zell's place, and she's pretty cool!

Once I figure out how to send pictures from my 3DS to my computer, I'll post pics of my town! I recently had a major mishap (I thought you could reset and revert any negative changes brought on my time-traveling ... nope ...), but I've started rebuilding my gardens, and they look pretty cool!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: April 24, 2014, 05:14:36 AM »
Snap, I have an extra Diana pic if you want it.

Kat, I will have to try that with Eugene.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: April 24, 2014, 05:44:28 AM »
Well, it rained all last night. So even if by some miracle I do find my 3DS, it will be ruined. So now I need to try and find a way to get the $200 for a new 3DS XL (hopefully I can find another pink one, but Target doesn't carry that color anymore and neither does Best Buy. I haven't checked Walmart yet) and $30 for a new copy of ACNL. So far, after begging all my relatives, I only have about half the money I need. I'll probably have to cancel the pre-orders I have for Mario Golf and the new Kirby game. At least AC isn't still $40 like it was when I got it last month, so that helps. My eyes hurt from crying so much over it last night, especially after I heard the rain start. I really, really don't want to start my game over. I had my house fully expanded and paid off and I had just completed the Regal set, which I used to decorate two of my rooms (the main room and the upstairs) because it was my favorite set. And I'm really going to miss Fauna. Maybe someday once I've paid for my new 3DS and game, I might go ahead and buy that Fauna plushie I saw on eBay and Amazon.

Offline kaoskat

• View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: April 24, 2014, 06:08:01 AM »
Once I figure out how to send pictures from my 3DS to my computer, I'll post pics of my town! I recently had a major mishap (I thought you could reset and revert any negative changes brought on my time-traveling ... nope ...), but I've started rebuilding my gardens, and they look pretty cool!

Do you have an SD card in it? If so, you pull the card out and stick it in your computer.

Awesome! You'll have to let us know if it works!

Post Merge: April 24, 2014, 06:11:52 AM

Well, it rained all last night. So even if by some miracle I do find my 3DS, it will be ruined. So now I need to try and find a way to get the $200 for a new 3DS XL (hopefully I can find another pink one, but Target doesn't carry that color anymore and neither does Best Buy. I haven't checked Walmart yet) and $30 for a new copy of ACNL. So far, after begging all my relatives, I only have about half the money I need. I'll probably have to cancel the pre-orders I have for Mario Golf and the new Kirby game. At least AC isn't still $40 like it was when I got it last month, so that helps. My eyes hurt from crying so much over it last night, especially after I heard the rain start. I really, really don't want to start my game over. I had my house fully expanded and paid off and I had just completed the Regal set, which I used to decorate two of my rooms (the main room and the upstairs) because it was my favorite set. And I'm really going to miss Fauna. Maybe someday once I've paid for my new 3DS and game, I might go ahead and buy that Fauna plushie I saw on eBay and Amazon.

:hug: That really stinks. I hope you end up finding it safe and sound in your house somewhere and the batteries are dead or something and that's why you aren't SPing your family.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 06:12:23 AM by kaoskat »

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: April 24, 2014, 12:49:18 PM »

Do you have an SD card in it? If so, you pull the card out and stick it in your computer.

@.@ It's that simple?! GOD BLESS YOU, 3DS! I can't wait, I've taken pictures of soooo much stuff! But I've never really taken pictures of my town - I'll have to get to work!

Snap, I have an extra Diana pic if you want it.

Aww, that's so sweet of you to offer! I'd love to take you up on it, it would be nice to have something to remember her by. :heart: I've never had anyone visit my town before, so I hope you can excuse my noobishness! XD
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal