collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is it just me that can't stand Equestria Daily?  (Read 8530 times)

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
Re: Is it just me that can't stand Equestria Daily?
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2013, 11:27:27 PM »
Nope, rarely visit EQD. Not interested in being a Brony or associating with one. I collect mainly the toys. The cartoon is entertaining but it has no retention value on me at all. 

Boys will be boys, they'll grow up after a little while. Give them time.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Pinecone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2013, 01:05:45 AM »
Ah, well I agree that they may change in a few years and some are young, I really wish you wouldn't use "boys will be boys." It's used so much to dismiss rotten behaviour.

As for Sethisto being banned from a certain site...from what I could tell, it was more because they were tired of ponies than anything.

Offline Saiko

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2013, 01:11:52 AM »
It's a site specifically catering to bronies, it only posts things bronies would be interested in. Bronies value their comics, video games fanart and fanfiction over toy releases.
If you're not a brony you're not the demographic, and it's unsurprising you wouldn't enjoy it. Also, as a female brony I fail to see how it is misogynistic, even if a comment was the comment is not representative of the whole site.
For toy news, http://www.mylittleponynews.com/ and the Arena have your back :)
:heart:

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2013, 01:17:14 AM »
Given I'm not a Brony and keep away from most of em. It's not my place to be. Give me the Arena any day.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2013, 02:49:37 AM »
I had a look, there is some nice artwork on there that people have done that look really good to me but there is also a lot of racy artwork. In my mind ponies are sunshine and rainbows not leather and dungeons so I probably won't be going there again. I'm not even going to look at the comments on the site because quite frankly I'd rather not give myself a headache. I've been very choosy of late in what debates I put my name in because I just can't be doing with the hassle. We all have different opinions on art and such and there will never be a happy medium as we all have our own individual tastes.

I would rather stick to here I've been in a few debates and in the firing line and sometimes it has upset me but never enough to come off the arena. ED would do my head in so I'll keep away.

Though I agree with one persons point that if there was no G1 there certainly wouldn't be a G4 now.
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline Discord

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2013, 02:59:06 AM »
Uhm, I'm a 30 year old woman and consider myself a brony.

It isn't just boys that are "bronies".

People are just as negative toward bronies, considering someone just said "They'll grow up, give them time." It infuriates me that grown men can't like feminine toys, or toys marketed for girls. I like G1 and G4, the other gens didn't do anything for me. I can appreciate G1 for the nostalgia and the G4 animation for the cult references and adult humor in it.

If you don't like it, all you have to do is avoid it ^_^
Formerly known as DeviantCandy

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2013, 04:52:49 AM »

People are just as negative toward bronies, considering someone just said "They'll grow up, give them time." It infuriates me that grown men can't like feminine toys, or toys marketed for girls. I like G1 and G4, the other gens didn't do anything for me. I can appreciate G1 for the nostalgia and the G4 animation for the cult references and adult humor in it.

Noone was saying guys can't like stuff aimed at girls...

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2013, 04:59:49 AM »
Ah, well I agree that they may change in a few years and some are young, I really wish you wouldn't use "boys will be boys." It's used so much to dismiss rotten behaviour.

As for Sethisto being banned from a certain site...from what I could tell, it was more because they were tired of ponies than anything.
Is that why Seth is being a horrible site director/owner? He's taking his anger out from being banned from a website on his website by letting people run rampant?  :huh:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

BowtieG1

« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2013, 08:22:43 AM »

Just for reference the person who made this thread (me!) is a 17 year old boy. I'm pretty sure I count as 'grown man'. Now I'm not sure though ;w;.

It isn't that they aren't allowed to like effeminate things, its the way that Bronies go about 'liking' it that is bad.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2013, 08:29:30 AM »
Hoo boy, another "oh no, how horrid bronies are" thread. :/

The misgivings really do go both ways. I usually skip the drama and don't read comments sections, but when I decide to, I find a wide range of opinions: some that I find objectionable and stupid, and others that I completely agree with and find to be mature and open minded. Bronydom is HUGE; like any fandom, you can't just pigeonhole all of us into one archetype.

I really shouldn't go into these threads. They upset me more than anything I see on EqD because I love both of these groups and to see this kind of behavior on EITHER side is very distressing.

> Er... I guess as another note, I'm aware that every time I post in one of these I'm in the vast minority and things don't go well. And I know i look overly sensitive, but it was through the brony fandom that I found myself here. So stuff like this really hurts my feelings and I'm sorry for taking it personally. But I hate seeing the whole group judged by the unpleasant ones.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 08:39:05 AM by reanna-mator »
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

BowtieG1

« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2013, 08:57:30 AM »
Hoo boy, another "oh no, how horrid bronies are" thread. :/

The misgivings really do go both ways. I usually skip the drama and don't read comments sections, but when I decide to, I find a wide range of opinions: some that I find objectionable and stupid, and others that I completely agree with and find to be mature and open minded. Bronydom is HUGE; like any fandom, you can't just pigeonhole all of us into one archetype.

I really shouldn't go into these threads. They upset me more than anything I see on EqD because I love both of these groups and to see this kind of behavior on EITHER side is very distressing.

> Er... I guess as another note, I'm aware that every time I post in one of these I'm in the vast minority and things don't go well. And I know i look overly sensitive, but it was through the brony fandom that I found myself here. So stuff like this really hurts my feelings and I'm sorry for taking it personally. But I hate seeing the whole group judged by the unpleasant ones.
This isn't a thread about bronies, its a thread about EQD.

But about 'pigeonholing'

You have to make assumptions for change. If we said "We are a racist society" people wouldn't start going "well we're not ALL racist!" and if they do its ridiculous. Generalizations need to be made or nothing would ever be done.

An example is Feminism, men HAVE to be pigeonholed. If we didn't pigeonhole men our arguments about rape culture, abuse and just the general sexist state of society would sound stupidly flawed, even when they aren't.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2013, 10:11:38 AM »
Just a reminder: keep this on topic or it gets locked.

This is NOT a thread about bronies/anti this and that/ etc. Please keep it about EQD.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2013, 10:13:15 AM »

Ahh, well, I don't want to get too mature for the MLPArena, but this wasn't just for being a Brony - he was engaging in non-stop, public "racy" and explict role playing, in threads where people had repeatedly told him to stop. (It would be like if someone started role-playing in a thread like this!)

So uh ... when "that other site" AND other Bronies think you're inappropriate, I think you've reached a special level of fail. :P And I totally agree - hopefully this demographic will mature into a less-awful group, but 'boys will be boys' will always rub me the wrong way, even if it's used in a much kinder and understanding setting such as this one!

And @BowtieG1, I sure wish I could 'like' your post, cuz I agree soooo much!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2013, 10:21:25 AM »
Yep, I should stop sharing my opinion on these. I just get hurt worse each time. I habe a reply, but I'm not going to bother. I'll just feel even more alienated than I already do.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Firehooves

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2013, 10:44:11 AM »

Wait, what exactly does being a brony have to do with being a male MLP fan? As many here could tell you, Brony does not automatically equal male MLP fan. I'm a Big Brother pony- not a brony, never have been. And there are many female mlp fans who call theselves brones (or pegaussisters, as the case may be) 'Brony' is mostly associated with G4 fandom regardless of gender, and for those of us whom G4 is just another generation, the term really doesn't apply.

And as to ? Equestria daily? Ehhhh I really don't care for the place.

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal