collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony Mystery Minis (Funko)  (Read 77839 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony Mystery Minis (Funko)
« Reply #555 on: August 08, 2014, 05:02:37 PM »
I was just wondering when Funko would do this-

Unicorno chase ponies are 1/24, 1/72 and 1/200 !!

I will definitely not be killing myself to get these.  I've already painted myself a pretty good "show accurate color" Fluttershy anyway :D

WOW I thought 1/144 was the worse odds I'd seen in stores, but I didn't see the 1/200! That. Is. Nuts.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 08, 2014, 06:04:30 PM »
I agree with Taro.  It just feels wrong to make those ones the chases. But I do get why they did it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #557 on: August 09, 2014, 05:57:43 AM »
How many single boxes in a store display box? Maybe they'll sell these in sets of 72 so a box will still be complete! Assuming the current price of $8.50 per single box and Hot Topic's frequent BOGOHO everything deal, that's only $459 plus tax (so just shy of $500 for most of us) for a complete set (with extras!)

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 09, 2014, 06:47:13 AM »
How many single boxes in a store display box? Maybe they'll sell these in sets of 72 so a box will still be complete! Assuming the current price of $8.50 per single box and Hot Topic's frequent BOGOHO everything deal, that's only $459 plus tax (so just shy of $500 for most of us) for a complete set (with extras!)

Yes but that assumes you get 1 in the 72 that you buy. The nature of odds means that even if you buy 72 of them...you may not get the 1:72 option.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 09, 2014, 07:05:52 AM »
yeah, I bought the disney funkos because i wanted awesome blue dress belle. i have 2 of the 1/24 chance ariels and missed some of the others. complete luck of the draw, it seems. unless you can get 6 boxes that were in sequence in production i think probably not good odds.
this is worse than the hunger games. 'may the odds be ever in your funko favor'
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 09, 2014, 09:42:20 AM »
I don't know if Funko would actually do this, but heck they could do it like (IIRC) some of the TokiDoki Unicornos cases do, and only have (for example) a case of 12 actually just be four rows of only four characters. But that is likely a really worse-case scenario. xD

Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #561 on: August 09, 2014, 09:34:35 PM »
1/72 for the exclusives!? I know it's not terrible as far as blind boxed toys go, but that's still super disappointing! I wonder what has prompted such a drastic change between this set and the first one.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 11, 2014, 09:12:33 AM »
I don't know if Funko would actually do this, but heck they could do it like (IIRC) some of the TokiDoki Unicornos cases do, and only have (for example) a case of 12 actually just be four rows of only four characters. But that is likely a really worse-case scenario. xD

OH I forgot Unicorno started doing that with series 2-  it made me stop collecting them actually.

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #563 on: August 11, 2014, 11:38:37 AM »
1/72 for the exclusives!? I know it's not terrible as far as blind boxed toys go, but that's still super disappointing! I wonder what has prompted such a drastic change between this set and the first one.

Greed.

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Fricknmaniac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 11, 2014, 10:24:14 PM »
Well, I didn't go after the Hot Topic exclusive chase figures (show accurate colors) in the series 1 set. I pre-ordered a box from Toywiz because they claimed a full box would have a full set (and it did, 2 GitD ones plus 10 black ones). And now that the second series has even worse odds than the first series, I REALLY have no interest in getting any of the chase figures.

But on the plus side, Toywiz DOES have the second series listed as being a full set, implying that it'll work like the first set.

However on the downside they only have 10 figures listed as being in the full set (7 black ones, regular colored Trixie, Twilight, and Discord,) but 12 boxes in the set. So that could mean a couple of things, a box is actually just 10 ponies, there are two duplicates in the set, or they have no idea what is actually going to be in there and are just speculating.

Whether or not I end up getting this series is going to depend on the predictability of the Toywiz set.

Link for what I'm referring to:

http://www.toywiz.com/funkoponyseries2mysterybox.html

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 11, 2014, 11:23:33 PM »
But on the plus side, Toywiz DOES have the second series listed as being a full set, implying that it'll work like the first set.

However on the downside they only have 10 figures listed as being in the full set (7 black ones, regular colored Trixie, Twilight, and Discord,) but 12 boxes in the set. So that could mean a couple of things, a box is actually just 10 ponies, there are two duplicates in the set, or they have no idea what is actually going to be in there and are just speculating.

The regular set of series two includes those 10 figures + duplicates of black Big McIntosh & black Discord.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #566 on: August 11, 2014, 11:32:49 PM »

The regular set of series two includes those 10 figures + duplicates of black Big McIntosh & black Discord.
  so it is just worst all around , on series 1 there was no duplicates on the regular set, hot topic set were doubles or triples I guess, but now even the regular set has 2 doubles , and never mind with Hot Topic.:)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Fricknmaniac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 12, 2014, 06:16:55 AM »

That's actually really good. Of all the black ones that I'd want duplicates of, those would probably be it. So I guess I'll be pre-ordering a box from Toywiz after all.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 12, 2014, 12:39:34 PM »
I actually wondered if Glow Dash and Glow Pinkie were supposed to be in that set.

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 14, 2014, 05:35:12 PM »
big bad toy store has the case for $69.99  and you get one of each (minus HT exclusives) and two of black discord and Big Mac.
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal