collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony Mystery Minis (Funko)  (Read 77803 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony Mystery Minis (Funko)
« Reply #315 on: January 03, 2014, 04:21:27 AM »
Thank you will2Bfree, yes I missed that last sentence in your first post - I read it 3 times as well! :blush: Thank you for pointing it out. :)

I don't want an argument but perhaps if you did feel I was being defensive, Aquatic Neon, it was because I felt a little dismissed when I was simply trying to understand why some people were judging it a different mould. And I do not quite understand why there was a problem asking the questions, even if I had to ask a couple of times in order to grasp it. I shall apologise however for being slower on the uptake than you would perhaps like. :(
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 03, 2014, 04:59:27 AM »
I've managed to track down most of the ones I wanted. There's just two I still want (show accurate Pinkie and glow in the dark Bubblebutt/Muffin Pony) and the prices they're going for are what's keeping me from grabbing them just yet. I did manage to snap up a show accurate Bubblebutt, but the money I spent on her is the reason I'm not sure if I want to spend any more on these. I think I may still end up buying glow in the dark Bubblebutt, though, because I already have the other versions of her.

EDIT: Well, I just bought both of the glow in the dark minis on eBay. I only paid $26 for both of them, including shipping, so I don't think I did too bad, considering that I kept seeing them going for $20 a piece.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 05:11:58 AM by ShortyBoo »

Offline Kitzka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
My Little Pony Mystery Minis (Funko)
« Reply #317 on: January 03, 2014, 05:13:30 AM »
The prices on eBay are all over the place for the regular colored ones. I've seen some go for a 'reasonable amount' (about double the retail). But lately some have gone as Hugh as $35 which is just crazy to me.

I'm hoping to get the last regular colored one I need at a reasonable price.

Shorty boo- congrats on getting the last ones you wanted. I agree the price you got them for is excellent considering what some of the glows or regular colored ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 05:15:28 AM by Kitzka »

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #318 on: January 03, 2014, 06:05:41 AM »
I was just agreeing with will2befree, it's all good hathrocat I understand you misread it and didn't mean to come off that way, it happens that's the problem with this type of commuincation, it gets misconstrued a lot. No biggy.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:14:48 AM by Aquatic Neon »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 03, 2014, 07:36:29 AM »
I wonder if they'll do more show accurate colored minis? I know I'd love to have show accurate minis of Fluttershy, Lyra and Octavia. I don't have room for many of the bigger ones (I just have Fluttershy, Bubblebutt and both SDCC ponies) but I really like the size of the minis.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 03, 2014, 09:15:37 AM »
Ok so...I know I am being daft :P But they are pretty much the same mould then? Just the eye differences [and additional symbols - which is irrelevant on the blacked out ponies]?

The black ones have symbols too, so I'm not sure why that's irrelevant. Unless you're only interested in the show-accurate ones.

To summarize, they are different molds, but are made to essentially look the same.

Looking closer, it looks like the wings might be molded rather than glued on, as well. Can anyone confirm for me?

Well it was irrelevant because I did not know they had them :) I just am seeing people say they are very different and I am simply trying to understand where the differences are. They look like mini cast moulds of the larger ones, so I am curious as to where and how they are different thats all. Obviously they are different moulds as they are different sizes. And I understand they are supposed to look the same - however everyone is suggesting their are significant differences. I am just trying to understand what those are.

Yes, and I'm trying to help you. I wouldn't say they are "very different", but there were changes made, which means they aren't simply shrunken versions of the larger ones. For instance, the larger ones have the manufacturer/copywrite information on their belly, but on the smaller ones there isn't enough room there so it was moved to the inner side of the legs. So there are differences in the mold, aside from size, but I find that the thing that sets them apart the most is the texture and paint job. These make the quality the only thing I would call a "significant difference". I'm still waiting for someone to confirm if the head/body/wings are all molded together now, rather than being separate pieces glued together.

When you originally asked the question, I listed all of the differences that I'd noticed for you. Then you asked the question again as though you were confused, so I gave you a simpler answer. Then you replied defensively to the simple answer, so now I'm not really sure how to make you happy. I'm sorry. Maybe a google search would help you make your own comparisons?

Why would we do a google search when we are on the biggest pony forum on the internet?! :crazy: I think that's a little offish and sarcastic remark. Do correct me if I am wrong.

People help each other here, that's what we do.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 03, 2014, 09:21:09 AM »
I thought that "look it up on google" was a bit dismissive too.  I would have been irked, although I see from will2befree's explanation it wasn't intended that way.

I honestly can't wait to get home and conduct a thorough analysis of whether the design is the same.  I think that Funko designs its prototypes on a 3D program and then has them printed out by a prototyping company.    I'm pretty sure they did take those original designs and just shrink them to make the blind bag ponies- but will take a closer look tonight :D

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 03, 2014, 09:38:59 AM »
I just happened to be at Target today so I ventured into the card aisle and bought two of the Funko minis. I got home and opened them and found I got Octavia and Pinkie Pie (and wow they really don't want you to know what's in there--wrapped in a black plastic bag and in a box with double flaps on top!)

However, despite people saying here in this thread that the paint is higher quality, I was very disappointed to see that both of the two I bought have issues with the paint. :\ I guess I just have bad luck when it comes to this sort of thing. I'm a picky collector so I'll probably end up trading/selling these to a less picky collector. Pinkie Pie has derped eyes pretty bad, when looking at her from the front. And Octavia has scratches in her cutie mark on both sides. :( So pretty much I spent $12 for nothing. But I do find them very cute, and I love that they have cutie marks on both sides, so I might give in and buy some others.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 03, 2014, 10:26:03 AM »
I'd love some to use as baits, but they're just too pricey for me at the moment. Maybe if they go on sale.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #324 on: January 03, 2014, 10:28:51 AM »
I'd love some to use as baits, but they're just too pricey for me at the moment. Maybe if they go on sale.
I know even bogo 50 % the come down from 7.50 to be  6 at hot topic ,  Waiting on the hot cash sale on the 26th :)
they should be less then 5 dllrs during that sale
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline SailorEarth

• Xena: Warrior Pony
  • Trade Count: (+165)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cosplaycassie.com
« Reply #325 on: January 03, 2014, 12:18:43 PM »
Still waiting on my BBTS preorder of the black and glow in the dark set. The only colored one I have so far is Bubbles which I found on eBay for $19 ($6 of which was shipping). She's supposed to arrive Monday. I'd love to get my hands on a colored Doctor Whooves.

Wish List~Pony Sales
Thanks Lina & Rainbowjuice for my adoptables!

Offline silverdragon54

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 03, 2014, 12:26:15 PM »
Still waiting on my BBTS preorder of the black and glow in the dark set.

I guess what I thought was a shipping confirmation actually wasn't. Instead of shipping, they outright cancelled my order. :enraged: I guess I waited too long to preorder and they ran out before my order could be filled. I'm gonna try to buy a box at Discovery Hut tomorrow.

Will make custom plushie for MIB Fashion Style Applejack. PM for details!

See my pony art here!
My items for trade
My wanted list
My plushies!, Handmade plushies for sale!

Offline SailorEarth

• Xena: Warrior Pony
  • Trade Count: (+165)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cosplaycassie.com
« Reply #327 on: January 03, 2014, 02:51:09 PM »
Still waiting on my BBTS preorder of the black and glow in the dark set.

I guess what I thought was a shipping confirmation actually wasn't. Instead of shipping, they outright cancelled my order. :enraged: I guess I waited too long to preorder and they ran out before my order could be filled. I'm gonna try to buy a box at Discovery Hut tomorrow.

That stinks that your order was cancelled! It's weird that they would do that but still have them listed as being available for preorder. Maybe it was an error in their system?

Wish List~Pony Sales
Thanks Lina & Rainbowjuice for my adoptables!

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 03, 2014, 04:27:40 PM »
I couldn't wait for Hot Topic's sale - I bought one at Target today! Dr. Whooves, what a cutie! They're quite high quality for such a small figure; however, at $5.99, it's still more expensive than I'd like for that size. :/ It's a conundrum! But then, I generally think that Funko's products are overpriced.

Also, for the record, whenever I tell someone 'just go Google it,' I'm basically saying 'go learn yourself a thing instead of bugging me,' so I could definitely see how that would sound pretty dismissive! (Admittedly, most people are not as snarky as I am! ;) So I may be off my rocker on this, LOL!) What we really need to do is have a side-by-side comparison of the toys - I'm tempted to do one myself!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 04:40:59 PM by Snapdragon »
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

will2Bfree

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #329 on: January 04, 2014, 09:05:21 AM »
Removing this utter nonsense!!! - Loa
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 12:09:08 PM by Loa »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal