collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony Mystery Minis (Funko)  (Read 77886 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony Mystery Minis (Funko)
« Reply #300 on: January 02, 2014, 08:59:20 AM »
It looks to me like they used the same molds-

Finally caught them all!

Offline Kitzka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 02, 2014, 11:38:05 AM »
Congrats for getting them all! I am still looking for one regular colored mini dj. But I can be patient.

;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #302 on: January 02, 2014, 12:11:36 PM »
I got 6 from Hot topic on bogo 50%
they are super nice, it is going to be a challenge to get them all and not have repeats :(
waiting on the hot topic sale still :)
hope they come back in stock online, otherwise , is going to be a pony hunt drive on the stores here and I have 4 coupons
that means   4 ponies for  15 dllrs   4 times,  that will give me   16 ponies  for 60 dllrs plust tax 
and I need only 9 more from hot topic and the 2 gid pair  :) need to start checking the targets also :)

will see how it goes in 2 weeks

GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #303 on: January 02, 2014, 02:37:57 PM »
Anyone know if we get the chase figures in Australia?
:fox:

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #304 on: January 02, 2014, 03:06:02 PM »
I got 6 from Hot topic on bogo 50%
they are super nice, it is going to be a challenge to get them all and not have repeats :(
waiting on the hot topic sale still :)
hope they come back in stock online, otherwise , is going to be a pony hunt drive on the stores here and I have 4 coupons
that means   4 ponies for  15 dllrs   4 times,  that will give me   16 ponies  for 60 dllrs plust tax 
and I need only 9 more from hot topic and the 2 gid pair  :) need to start checking the targets also :)

will see how it goes in 2 weeks

Best of luck I called my Hot Topic because I'm trying to return one of my extra Bon Bons that came broken, and they said they don't think they will get anymore of these, they said it's possibile but he said usually items come once, and sometimes the get more, but not normally now that I think of it the larger ones are the same, the don't even have any and every time I go it's like maybe 0-5 ponies in the large size. They hardly ever get more. I miss the days when they had like 20 Fluttershys and 20 Dr. Hooves... Why don't the barely ever order any now....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #305 on: January 02, 2014, 03:14:09 PM »
Ohh wow so maybe there won't be anymore on stock online  :(. I should get them when i see them from now on !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #306 on: January 02, 2014, 03:41:59 PM »
I for sure think they will restock online, but stores are very questionable especially since the stores are so small, I would snab them up as fast as possible at the store to be safe. Has anyone else noticed they don;t restock very often the MLP figures?

For Sale Wants

will2Bfree

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #307 on: January 02, 2014, 07:31:31 PM »
Ok so...I know I am being daft :P But they are pretty much the same mould then? Just the eye differences [and additional symbols - which is irrelevant on the blacked out ponies]?

The black ones have symbols too, so I'm not sure why that's irrelevant. Unless you're only interested in the show-accurate ones.

To summarize, they are different molds, but are made to essentially look the same.

Looking closer, it looks like the wings might be molded rather than glued on, as well. Can anyone confirm for me?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 02, 2014, 10:04:01 PM »
Ok so...I know I am being daft :P But they are pretty much the same mould then? Just the eye differences [and additional symbols - which is irrelevant on the blacked out ponies]?

The black ones have symbols too, so I'm not sure why that's irrelevant. Unless you're only interested in the show-accurate ones.

To summarize, they are different molds, but are made to essentially look the same.

Looking closer, it looks like the wings might be molded rather than glued on, as well. Can anyone confirm for me?

Well it was irrelevant because I did not know they had them :) I just am seeing people say they are very different and I am simply trying to understand where the differences are. They look like mini cast moulds of the larger ones, so I am curious as to where and how they are different thats all. Obviously they are different moulds as they are different sizes. And I understand they are supposed to look the same - however everyone is suggesting their are significant differences. I am just trying to understand what those are.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

will2Bfree

« Reply #309 on: January 02, 2014, 11:47:55 PM »

Well it was irrelevant because I did not know they had them :) I just am seeing people say they are very different and I am simply trying to understand where the differences are. They look like mini cast moulds of the larger ones, so I am curious as to where and how they are different thats all. Obviously they are different moulds as they are different sizes. And I understand they are supposed to look the same - however everyone is suggesting their are significant differences. I am just trying to understand what those are.

Yes, and I'm trying to help you. I wouldn't say they are "very different", but there were changes made, which means they aren't simply shrunken versions of the larger ones. For instance, the larger ones have the manufacturer/copywrite information on their belly, but on the smaller ones there isn't enough room there so it was moved to the inner side of the legs. So there are differences in the mold, aside from size, but I find that the thing that sets them apart the most is the texture and paint job. These make the quality the only thing I would call a "significant difference". I'm still waiting for someone to confirm if the head/body/wings are all molded together now, rather than being separate pieces glued together.

When you originally asked the question, I listed all of the differences that I'd noticed for you. Then you asked the question again as though you were confused, so I gave you a simpler answer. Then you replied defensively to the simple answer, so now I'm not really sure how to make you happy. I'm sorry. Maybe a google search would help you make your own comparisons?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 03, 2014, 01:39:17 AM »
Huh? I asked what the differences were. You kindly took the time to point out the only differences were in the eyes - those were the only things pointed out at the time. I then asked if that was the only differences because I was confused as to how whether eyes were painted differently would mean it was a different mould. It was only after the second question I posed that any one clarified further differences.

I am not being defensive, I am trying to understand. And perhaps its just perspective; for me a different mould would be something more glaring than a slight difference on the eyes or the manufacturers stamp being moved - it would mean the pony actually looks different in [for me] a significant way. So, in my opinion, it is in many ways a shrunken version of the larger pony. Maybe its me misusing the words. Not so much a different "mould" as a different "design/style".

And umm...the whole point in a pony forum to ask questions about ponies...is so I dont need to google. Thats why I was asking here - where people would know about it and be able to tell me, as you kindly have.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 03, 2014, 01:48:09 AM »
Huh? I asked what the differences were. You kindly took the time to point out the only differences were in the eyes - those were the only things pointed out at the time. I then asked if that was the only differences because I was confused as to how whether eyes were painted differently would mean it was a different mould. It was only after the second question I posed that any one clarified further differences.

I am not being defensive, I am trying to understand. And perhaps its just perspective; for me a different mould would be something more glaring than a slight difference on the eyes or the manufacturers stamp being moved - it would mean the pony actually looks different in [for me] a significant way. So, in my opinion, it is in many ways a shrunken version of the larger pony. Maybe its me misusing the words. Not so much a different "mould" as a different "design/style".

And umm...the whole point in a pony forum to ask questions about ponies...is so I dont need to google. Thats why I was asking here - where people would know about it and be able to tell me, as you kindly have.

Yeah- I think that they used the same mold/design.  I'm actually not sure if the Funko prototypes are designed on a computer or hand sculpted- but either way I know that it is easy once you have a shape to shrink or expand the size.  Minor changes like moving the manufacturing stamp would not be a big deal.

Brilliant move on Funko's part- they can sell essentially the same design again, which no doubt costs even less to produce and virtually no design money.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #312 on: January 03, 2014, 02:11:54 AM »
It may be brilliant, but to be honest I'm not very happy about it yes they are awesome, but they really have slowed down on showing and giving us new normal sized funko ponies... which makes me sad.

For Sale Wants

will2Bfree

« Reply #313 on: January 03, 2014, 02:42:49 AM »

Ah, perhaps I see the problem. Are you sure you read my entire first reply to you? Sounds like you may have just skimmed it and missed something. Also, I'm sorry I accused you of being defensive if you weren't; that's just the way it read to me.

You're right, it does sound like there could be a terminology problem, too. People generally consider the heads of the brushables to be different "molds" because of eye differences, so I don't know why this case would be any different. Is there anything else you still want to know? Yes, there are some slight changes to the mold (and eye shapes), but, as has been said, the overall look/design is the same.

I just suggested you try google, because it didn't seem our answers were satisfying whatever it was you wanted to know. Since you already knew exactly what it was you wanted to know and we (well, I) didn't seem to be "getting it" based on what you typed, I just thought it might be faster. *shrugs*

Anyways, I hope that all makes sense now. I'm supposed to be going out to lunch and grocery shopping with my dad and he's gonna be getting impatient, so I gotta go!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #314 on: January 03, 2014, 02:49:49 AM »
Sorry hathorcat but I read yours as a bit defensive too, maybe it was just they way it was written, but I agree with will2beefree the differences maybe be subtle but they are differences just like eye differences on brushables.

For Sale Wants

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal