collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony Mystery Minis (Funko)  (Read 77751 times)

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony Mystery Minis (Funko)
« Reply #285 on: December 31, 2013, 09:32:40 AM »
I found a box at Target today! They were in the trading card isle. They had 5 left and I bought all 5. I ended up with :muffin: Pony, Rainbow Dash, Spitfire, Fluttershy and glow in the dark Vinyl Scratch.

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 31, 2013, 10:17:31 AM »
Oh awesome. I wonder if Canadian Target will have them then...
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 31, 2013, 11:40:33 AM »
Does anyone have close ups of the RD and Fluttershy ones? Those are the only ones I am interested in. Probably going to have to buy them from someone that already opened them because I don't need a bunch of these other characters.

The show accurate colour ones are just the exact same as the larger releases :) And the black ones the same moulds too. Sorry, not sure if that helps at all.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 01, 2014, 07:53:22 AM »
I found a half full box at Target and bought three. I got Fluttershy (yay!), Lyra and Dr. Whooves. While I do like Lyra, I was kind of disappointed that I got Dr. Whooves because he was one of the few I absolutely didn't want. I was hoping for Bubblebutt, either version, though I wanted the glow in the dark one more. I would have been fine with Bon Bon as well. Now I remember why I don't like buying blind boxed items. I get no fun in it because I mostly have bad luck and never get the ones I want.

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #289 on: January 01, 2014, 08:27:51 AM »
Does anyone have close ups of the RD and Fluttershy ones? Those are the only ones I am interested in. Probably going to have to buy them from someone that already opened them because I don't need a bunch of these other characters.

The show accurate colour ones are just the exact same as the larger releases :) And the black ones the same moulds too. Sorry, not sure if that helps at all.

The show-accurate ponies are a little different than the larger releases, I think! The finish satiny instead of shiny, and the cutie mark is present on both sides. :) Unfortunately, I no longer have one in-hand to take close-up photos of!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #290 on: January 01, 2014, 08:44:30 AM »
^ Also have different eyes, and semi different molds, but very similar.

For Sale Wants

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 01, 2014, 10:27:41 AM »
Do you have side by side pictures someone? :) They look very similar so it would be interesting to see the differences.
Loa is my love god!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #292 on: January 01, 2014, 11:12:17 AM »
Well I noticed for the eyes, they are painted on rather than sticking out.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 11:20:41 AM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Offline Skylar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+211)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 01, 2014, 11:59:06 AM »
I found a half full box at Target and bought three. I got Fluttershy (yay!), Lyra and Dr. Whooves. While I do like Lyra, I was kind of disappointed that I got Dr. Whooves because he was one of the few I absolutely didn't want. I was hoping for Bubblebutt, either version, though I wanted the glow in the dark one more. I would have been fine with Bon Bon as well. Now I remember why I don't like buying blind boxed items. I get no fun in it because I mostly have bad luck and never get the ones I want.

I know that feeling! I bought six, got repeats of two and don't really want any of them. You would think with that many, there would be one that I would have wanted and that many repeats with buying so few? I won't be wasting any more $$ buying them blind. I will have to look for someone selling them I guess.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 01, 2014, 09:36:19 PM »

I know that feeling! I bought six, got repeats of two and don't really want any of them. You would think with that many, there would be one that I would have wanted and that many repeats with buying so few? I won't be wasting any more $$ buying them blind. I will have to look for someone selling them I guess.

I probably wouldn't have so much of an issue with buying them blind if they were cheaper. With how small they are, combined with the fact they're packaged blind, I don't think they should cost more than $4-5 at most. I was kind of surprised when I went to buy them at Target and they came to $19 and some change for the three. There was no tag for them on the shelf and since I didn't originally plan on buying them I hadn't researched their price. I just kind of bought them on a whim when the other items I was there looking for weren't in stock and I didn't want to leave empty handed.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 02, 2014, 02:05:40 AM »
I bought loads of these so I could get a complete set-  ended up with a lot of duplicates!   

I'm happy to sell them at a loss though- you should check out my list :D

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 02, 2014, 03:39:02 AM »

Is that the only difference though?
Loa is my love god!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #297 on: January 02, 2014, 03:48:47 AM »

Pinkies eyes look different more oval shaped maybe a couple others, could be just that they look different because of the size, but I think some of the eyes on the ponies look more oval. Cutie marks on both sides for all minis, when the larger ones only the new ones have that. Otherwise I think everything else is basically the same.

For Sale Wants

will2Bfree

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #298 on: January 02, 2014, 05:15:54 AM »

Pinkies eyes look different more oval shaped maybe a couple others, could be just that they look different because of the size, but I think some of the eyes on the ponies look more oval. Cutie marks on both sides for all minis, when the larger ones only the new ones have that. Otherwise I think everything else is basically the same.

I haven't seen them in person, but this is what I've noticed from pictures.

Aside from not having the eye indents: Fluttershy's eyes are a different shape (possibly the first thing I noticed about these minis), Spitfire's eyes look less "sleepy", and I believe they all have proper gradients. And as already mentioned, cutie marks on both sides and a different texture/finish. Also, it looks like their heads and bodies are all one molded piece instead of being two separate ones glued together and the info is molded on the inner hind leg instead of on the belly.

I'm not collecting this size, so only have pictures to go on. Please (kindly) correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 02, 2014, 08:57:23 AM »
Ok so...I know I am being daft :P But they are pretty much the same mould then? Just the eye differences [and additional symbols - which is irrelevant on the blacked out ponies]?
Loa is my love god!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal