collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony Mystery Minis (Funko)  (Read 77804 times)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: My Little Pony Mystery Minis (Funko)
« Reply #210 on: December 12, 2013, 06:11:59 AM »
There are only 5 show accurate ones right?

Yes only 5 show accurate ones! 2 of every black figure except black Fluttershy only one of her.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline Fricknmaniac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 12, 2013, 11:54:33 PM »
DISCLAIMER: I can't guarantee the information in this post is going to be consistent across all of the Mystery Minis, this is just my experience with them and I thought I'd share in case someone else wanted to do the same thing and potentially corroborate the information.

I got my box of Mystery Minis from Toywiz yesterday and opened them today. On a hunch I decided to weigh them in the box beforehand, note the weight, and match the identities after opening the boxes.

From heaviest to lightest:

Fluttershy: 77.5g
Pinkie Pie: 75g
Spitfire: 71.9g
DJ Pon-3: 67.8g
Muffin: 66.2g
DJ Pon-3 GitD: 64.8g
Lyra Heartstrings: 64g
Muffin GitD: 63g
Rainbow Dash: 62.5g
Octavia: 61.8g
Sweetie Drops: 61.5g
Dr. Whooves: 56g

As you can see, there's a lot of similar weights in the middle, but if you're looking for Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Spitfire, or Dr. Whooves, there's a significant enough difference that if you're so inclined, if you happen to have a scale, you have a pretty good chance of identifying them, or at least narrowing them down.

I actually expected the GitD ones to be slightly heavier, but they turned out to be the exact opposite. (Of course I don't know if the GitD sets have started showing up in stores anywhere yet, so we're probably stuck on the Hot Topic exclusive ones still.)

(And here's the order they were in the box, though I suspect this will mean very little)

Top row, back left to right: Pinkie Pie, Octavia

Top row, middle left to right: Sweetie Drops, Lyra Heartstrings

Top row, front left to right: Muffin GitD, DJ Pon-3 GitD

Bottom row, back left to right: Fluttershy, Muffin

Bottom row, middle left to right: Dr. Whooves, Rainbow Dash

Bottom row, front left to right: DJ Pon-3, Spitfire

edit: Just for a little bit more information, it looks like there's a slight variance in how much the boxes weighed, but only by about a gram. Comparing the weights of the individual figures outside of the box compared to in the box, the difference was usually between 22g and 23g. So even if you have an accurate scale, it looks like the best you can do for a few is to just narrow your chances. (For example, between Rainbow Dash, Lyra, and the two GitD ones.)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 02:05:12 AM by Fricknmaniac »

Offline Dashy77

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 13, 2013, 01:36:36 AM »
DISCLAIMER: I can't guarantee the information in this post is going to be consistent across all of the Mystery Minis, this is just my experience with them and I thought I'd share in case someone else wanted to do the same thing and potentially corroborate the information.

I got my box of Mystery Minis from Toywiz yesterday and opened them today. On a hunch I decided to weigh them in the box beforehand, note the weight, and match the identities after opening the boxes.

As you can see, there's a lot of similar weights in the middle, but if you're looking for Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Spitfire, or Dr. Whooves, there's a significant enough difference that if you're so inclined, if you happen to have a scale, you have a pretty good chance of identifying them, or at least narrowing them down.

I actually expected the GitD ones to be slightly heavier, but they turned out to be the exact opposite. (Of course I don't know if the GitD sets have started showing up in stores anywhere yet, so we're probably stuck on the Hot Topic exclusive ones still.)

(And here's the order they were in the box, though I suspect this will mean very little)

Nicely done sir!

Grats @Neon for that HT Exclusive box! LMK if you get any color dupes you wanna sell =)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 13, 2013, 01:45:15 AM »
Re the weights- I can just imagine if I walked into Hot Topic with my postal scale and asked if I could please plug it in somewhere- or maybe my little kitchen scale  :biggrin:

Neon how many colored ones were in your box if you know?

Offline Fricknmaniac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 13, 2013, 02:06:33 AM »
Re the weights- I can just imagine if I walked into Hot Topic with my postal scale and asked if I could please plug it in somewhere- or maybe my little kitchen scale  :biggrin:

Conveniently enough I already had the perfect scale that I use to weigh my tea, compact and battery powered. I don't think it would be that big of a deal since I've never gotten a strange look when looking at the codes for the blind bags. I imagine they're used to dealing with obsessed fans of different fandoms already. XD

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #215 on: December 13, 2013, 02:12:27 AM »

I got 1 Pinkie Pie, 1 Dr. Hooves, 1 Vinyl Scratch, 1 :muffin: Pony Hooves, and 1 Rainbow Dash, it was 2 of every black excpect fluttershy which was 1 :) I was lucky enough not to miss any! They just put it out and I snagged it!

For Sale Wants

Offline Kitzka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 13, 2013, 05:15:43 AM »
Congrats on your regular colored ones. I wonder if the HT cases have a layout.

I may have to resort to ebay.... they aren't popping up there just yet.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 05:32:25 AM by Kitzka »

Offline Gypsy

• Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+184)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • VNCToys.com
« Reply #217 on: December 13, 2013, 08:39:22 AM »
You need a portable x-ray machine, buy a bunch, go the food court and scan them, then bring the others back LOL

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 13, 2013, 12:59:18 PM »

edit: Just for a little bit more information, it looks like there's a slight variance in how much the boxes weighed, but only by about a gram. Comparing the weights of the individual figures outside of the box compared to in the box, the difference was usually between 22g and 23g. So even if you have an accurate scale, it looks like the best you can do for a few is to just narrow your chances. (For example, between Rainbow Dash, Lyra, and the two GitD ones.)

OMG... you are BRILLIANT. BRB, checking to see if we still have one of those hanging-type scales from science class lying around!!

I was so sad - I went into Hot Topic the other day to buy some of these blind boxes, hoping for one of the real-color variants, and they were SOLD OUT! It was so sad! Thankfully, the TWO glittery Funko Octavias were able to comfort me... @.@
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 13, 2013, 01:40:26 PM »
Are there pictures of the colored ones? I assume they just look like the regular sized ones only in a chibi version, neh?

Also, Snapdragon, if you want to sell me one of those glittery Octavia's I would happily take one!  ;)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 01:42:27 PM by Midnight_Dream »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 14, 2013, 04:45:10 AM »
Are there pictures of the colored ones? I assume they just look like the regular sized ones only in a chibi version, neh?

Also, Snapdragon, if you want to sell me one of those glittery Octavia's I would happily take one!  ;)

There are pictures- you have to scroll back a few pages though.  Not sure where the pic appears.  They do in fact, unsurprisingly, look like small versions of the big ones.  Surprisingly, they haven't really been all that hard to find.  I've seen them popping up on ebay all over the place, and selling for $12-15

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 14, 2013, 05:02:38 AM »
I preordered a box, and we've been opening one a day as a twelve days of christmas sort of thing! So far I've opened glowing dj and muffin pony. It's sort of fun to have to wait to open them. ^^;
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 14, 2013, 07:18:51 AM »
So.

Hottopic finally has the minis up-http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/PopCulture/TV/MyLittlePony/My+Little+Pony+Funko+Mystery+Minis+Series+1+Blind+Box+Vinyl+Figure-10073905.jsp

One way of getting the colored ones (which appear 1/24 and are exclusive (currently) if you didn't want to buy them from ebay (I am noticing the prices for the colored ones steadily rise to $17 or so) is to buy 12 - 24 from Hot Topic.  If you order 24, you will probably get approximately 5 of the exclusives.  If you got duplicates (which seems reasonably likely) you could always trade them with others that also got duplicates...

Right now Hot Topic (online) has the minis "on sale" for $5.25.  Shipping is only $1 right now, and you can use a $10 coupon for orders of $50 or more (HT2013ENTBK).  Works out to $59.14 for one box of 12, after tax and shipping.  I went ahead and did this.  Otherwise, if I pay $17 for each exclusive on ebay (and assuming free shipping)- I will have paid $85 for five teeny 2.5" ponies!! 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 08:18:21 AM by Galactica »

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 14, 2013, 08:37:23 AM »

Ah, sorry! I was with my friend at the time, who is also a collector, so we were both excited to find sparklies! And with the BOGO+half off sale, we got them for $12.75 each!!! :D And my local HT has only ever had like, three sparkly Funkos - EVER!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #224 on: December 14, 2013, 03:48:00 PM »
So.

Hottopic finally has the minis up-http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/PopCulture/TV/MyLittlePony/My+Little+Pony+Funko+Mystery+Minis+Series+1+Blind+Box+Vinyl+Figure-10073905.jsp

One way of getting the colored ones (which appear 1/24 and are exclusive (currently) if you didn't want to buy them from ebay (I am noticing the prices for the colored ones steadily rise to $17 or so) is to buy 12 - 24 from Hot Topic.  If you order 24, you will probably get approximately 5 of the exclusives.  If you got duplicates (which seems reasonably likely) you could always trade them with others that also got duplicates...

Right now Hot Topic (online) has the minis "on sale" for $5.25.  Shipping is only $1 right now, and you can use a $10 coupon for orders of $50 or more (HT2013ENTBK).  Works out to $59.14 for one box of 12, after tax and shipping.  I went ahead and did this.  Otherwise, if I pay $17 for each exclusive on ebay (and assuming free shipping)- I will have paid $85 for five teeny 2.5" ponies!! 

Wow  they are already out of stock  :shocked:

I kinda want to wait until their next "hot cash sale" in January 16 -26

hopefully they have them in stock by then again

if I get 20  @ 7.50 , that is going to be  150  with hot cash  that will be   75 plus tax  and maybe shipping   will be something like 86 dllrs, so each will be like  4.3 dllrs .

Since I do not have any of them , I guess there is less chances to have too many doubles
or I can go by the weighting guide posted on here ,and any that weight the same ,then is one to return or exchange at the store
is going to be a lot of work fighting not to have a double of these .

GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal