collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help re-pinking a Satin n' Lace?  (Read 322 times)

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
Help re-pinking a Satin n' Lace?
« on: September 19, 2013, 11:58:05 AM »
  Hi all,

Can I get some advice on repinking a lavender Satin n Lace to the right color?  The descriptions I've read say she was always a 'soft' pink as opposed to a bright one.  I was going to use Rit dye- any suggestions on shade?

If anyone has pictures of a minty-haired SnL, that would be great!  I'm turning it into a project for me and my 5 year old daughter, who is home sick today (not that she'll be handling the dye, of course!  But she fell in love with SnL and so I'm giving this one to her :).

Offline Aerora

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Help re-pinking a Satin n' Lace?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 01:26:48 PM »
I think Petal Pink is the shade most people use for repinking!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Help re-pinking a Satin n' Lace?
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 03:53:46 AM »
Her hair is the same pink as all of the other ponies with fading pink hair so you do want to aim for that bright pink.

Personally the bright pink always sits a little uncomfortable for me but that's not because its not true to an original shade its just I am so used to a faded pink :) When I rehair rather than repink I always fade the hair out a little before rehairing the pony. Repinking is a little different as it does not reach the bright pink of a rehair so you are already at a more comfortable pink shade. Just aim for the same colour you would when repinking a Posey/Lickety Split etc. Oh and with so softs be careful because depending on what you are using to repink, the flocking itself will take the dye colour too.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal