collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Calling any Archaeologists! (Or similar!) Check in here!  (Read 2089 times)

Offline GazeboMouse

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Calling any Archaeologists! (Or similar!) Check in here!
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2013, 12:09:36 PM »
Also clearing grounds because there still are bombs from WOII isn't ideal.

And I thought cows and thistles and daft sheep were dangerous Archaeological hazards!

GothMummy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2013, 02:31:03 PM »
Moonbreeze - wow - your course sounds really interesting. And complex. And a little bit dangerous and scary. yes, finding a job probably is going to be hard, but if you really want to I suspect you will. Myself, I got distracted by getting married and wanting to buy a house and have babies. If you are prepared to make your chosen career your focus Im sure it will work out for you. My friends who put their careers first and travelled around the UK for work and worked for a pittance for years to get "on the ladder" or did a regular boring job for years but volunteered at weekends have found jobs in heritage.  I will admit I wanted to be earning good money faster than that and was not prepared to slum it for years until I got my "break" and so went for higher paid admin jobs in higher education..

Dyzark, I cant help you I am afraid. The only bones pictures I have are of me excavating an anglo saxon grave yard. And they  are not detailed enough to be any good really :(

We have a university re-union this weekend! Its been 15 years since we all graduated (It does not feel it!).

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2013, 04:45:27 PM »
I have a minor in Art History so I love to learn more about past societies, but never was able to take my education much further.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2013, 05:27:40 AM »
Also clearing grounds because there still are bombs from WOII isn't ideal.

And I thought cows and thistles and daft sheep were dangerous Archaeological hazards!

Ah thistles, those are a nuisance. I fortunately didn't encounter any cows (living ones that is).
That area with bombs wasn't touched from the war on, we even found a little encampment from that time (with a newspaper, painting cans and a parachute). There was a team that cleared out the bombs, but they got me nervous when they said something about scraping against metal and running, heheh. It didn't happen though, they did their job very wel.

Moonbreeze - wow - your course sounds really interesting. And complex. And a little bit dangerous and scary. yes, finding a job probably is going to be hard, but if you really want to I suspect you will. Myself, I got distracted by getting married and wanting to buy a house and have babies. If you are prepared to make your chosen career your focus Im sure it will work out for you. My friends who put their careers first and travelled around the UK for work and worked for a pittance for years to get "on the ladder" or did a regular boring job for years but volunteered at weekends have found jobs in heritage.  I will admit I wanted to be earning good money faster than that and was not prepared to slum it for years until I got my "break" and so went for higher paid admin jobs in higher education..

Dyzark, I cant help you I am afraid. The only bones pictures I have are of me excavating an anglo saxon grave yard. And they  are not detailed enough to be any good really :(

We have a university re-union this weekend! Its been 15 years since we all graduated (It does not feel it!).

It's going to be patience and patience to get a job. First that crisis needs to be gone :P I'm not planning on settling down, I'm too busy and not in that mindset at all. Perhaps I'll do another study first. So we'll see ;)
And have fun at the re-union :D
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 01:07:41 PM by Moonbreeze »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal