collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Why do you Collect and What do you Collect?  (Read 1303 times)

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
Re: Why do you Collect and What do you Collect?
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2013, 08:17:36 AM »
I've been collecting ponies for almost as long as I've been alive. It's just been my life. I'll buy any pony I find at a yard sale or thrift store (provided the price isn't stupid ridiculous), but when buying online or at meets I try to go for the ones that I find most appealing.

ashlite

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2013, 08:44:46 AM »
I collect ponies for multiple reasons. The childhood nostalgia is what really gets me. :) I love when I find one that I used to have as a kid. I also like the thrill of the hunt to find that missing piece or complete a set. I like cleaning them up to see some grubby ones transform into something new and nice! It's an on going project that makes me smile!

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2013, 08:49:27 AM »
I got my first ponies when i was really little (couldnt tell ya when all my earliest memories have ponies in them lol) i held on to all my childhood ponies. when G2 came out i could never find any so i thought they had stopped making them. i used to get up early every morning in the summer in middle school cuz the disney channel played my little pony tales and i recorded all that i could  :biggrin: in early 2000s i spotted some g3's at the mall and freaked out and bought all of them (well one of each) i got what i could on what little money i had for a few years. then stopped. i would pick up one or two here and there until G3.5 came out. i got really pissed off at hasbro and stopped looking. then G4 came out and i was like "my little alien pony!" so i got one, then a few months later another, then about a year later i found the arena and went nuts all over again buying G1-G4's again. I love the hunt, i love how pretty they are, i love them for nastalgia. MLP is just one of my favorite things and just finding one i dont have makes me happy. they are like little happy pills for me....and i pulled my daughters down into the rabbit hole with me so my husband has no where to hide from the ponies!  :devious:

Pony_Mama

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2013, 09:09:07 AM »
The thrill of the hunt, the high of the find, the pride of the collection...It all gets me  :biggrin:

But, more than that, it's something I share with my daughters. I have 4 daughters (11, 9, 5 and 3) and we do it together. I love that it keeps the older ones still kids (not thinking about makeup and clothes yet) and gives them something to connect to the little ones with. We are g4 collectors. We watch the shows, search for ponies and play together. I love it!

BowtieG1

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2013, 11:52:15 AM »
I don't really have any childhood memories of them. I was more interested in dolls when I was a little kid to be honest ;w;. But as I grew older I became even more effeminate and got into j-fashions like lolita and fairy-kei and I realized how many stars of it collected toys so I thought why not? I was about 12 at that point.

I started with plushies and keypers and eventually thought "why not give ponies a shot?" so I started picking up some G3's. I then gave all of my ponies to my cousins but kept my Keypers and plushies.

Then in 2012 I stumbled upon FiM and watching it and seeing the  G3 and G1 references made me realize how much I'd missed my dear ponies!

I mainly intend collect G1, G3 and fakies but I always find myself buying G4's ;w;.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal