collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: pc on night glider and regrind advice  (Read 1106 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: pc on night glider and regrind advice
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2013, 06:32:26 AM »
Have you checked inside her? They could be rust spots. Her plastic is a funny colour and seems much more transparent than other shades so anything clinging to the plastic in the inside becomes really apparent from the outside. I suspect the regrind is sometimes brought on or at least aggravated by rust starting the break down because the last 2 Party Times I popped open the regrind on the outside was echoed almost exactly on the inside by where rust had clumped together.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2013, 06:40:43 AM »
The picture lies a bit, the pink background makes her look weird.  :lookround: I have to take a better picture.. That's an old one I found from my computer.

Anyway, I opened her up and she's as clean as it gets. No rust at all! She does have orange spots (clearly regrind) on her neck and forehead and she's got a light head/body mismatch. I know she's far from perfect, but i've never seen black marks like these before.  :blink:

I just took a better picture without the stupid pink background:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I have to say.. She did not have this head/body mismatch a few months ago. :( Its a big no no in my collection, so im sure. Blah!

« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 06:42:40 AM by Eldarwen »

Offline lindsayrose1985

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2013, 10:42:30 AM »
Here's my party time :) see no regrind only has 2 small spots of regrind on her neck by her mane in her nds and 1 tiny speck next to her ear on her ds!
Try and spot the regrind lol ;)

Hello, [you] i'm looking for so softs in need  of a little TLC :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2013, 04:02:25 PM »
The picture lies a bit, the pink background makes her look weird.  :lookround: I have to take a better picture.. That's an old one I found from my computer.

Anyway, I opened her up and she's as clean as it gets. No rust at all! She does have orange spots (clearly regrind) on her neck and forehead and she's got a light head/body mismatch. I know she's far from perfect, but i've never seen black marks like these before.  :blink:

I have to say.. She did not have this head/body mismatch a few months ago. :( Its a big no no in my collection, so im sure. Blah!

Unfortunately it is probably age marks then; she is as prone to them as regrind no doubt it is all the same thing mixed up and causing various problems. She does look lovely though :)

I am a fussy collector and have been through a staggering amount of Party Times, I have finally settled on one but I know the regrind will get worse. I have decided to just be strong...accept it...and move on :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2013, 08:04:54 PM »

Are the spots blue?  They look blue in this picture.  If they're blue, it could be ink that's faded and osmosided into the pores.  That's not really a word, I can't think of the right word, I'm thinking osmosis.  If they're brown, then I'd guess pony cancer.

This is how I look at these types of things.  If it took 30 years for the ponies to get these marks, then in another 30 years the marks might have doubled.  Since so many of these marks are not very big, in another 30 years they still won't look too bad.  By the time they've tripled in size we'll all be too old to care.

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2013, 02:52:10 AM »
The spots are black. I guess they could be black ink or something. Or simply plastic breaking down.

I was going to try sunfading, but this head/body mismatch changed my opinion, so im just going to sell her. Unfortunately that's a thing I dont accept in my collection..  :blush: I dont mind regrind, cancer.. But mismatch? nope.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal