collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ever wish you had a different first name?  (Read 3167 times)

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Ever wish you had a different first name?
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2013, 07:17:36 PM »
I don't mind my name considering that the alternative was going to be Babbette....I'm not even kidding.  It would not have flown for me and made me very grateful that my name is Jenna.  Pretty basic and uncommon enough to suit me.   However a lot of people assume it's a nickname and I get called Jennifer, Jeannette, Jeanine, Jenelle, Jenn, J and all kinds of names under the sun but my actual name. 
The funniest play/teasing on my name I've ever heard was Jennatalia.  It's too good not to laugh at though. Haha
I suppose if I ever changed my name at this point it would be to something particularly ridiculous like Doctor Science. First name "doctor", last name "science"!
My little brother Michael wanted to be Max though.  My mom has also gone by a variety of names throughout her life. Nelly, Nell, Marjy, Marje, Marjorie.  It made it rather difficult for old classmates to hunt her down for a class reunion.
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2013, 07:22:49 PM »
I would prefer my nickname to be my legal name. Maybe some day I will change it...

Post Merge: September 17, 2013, 07:23:56 PM

I'm noticing a lot of you have names that start with a cat sound.
Hmm... mine doesn't...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline ThriftyPony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Fakie Hideout - Fakie ID Guide & More
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2013, 06:55:19 PM »
I used to hate my name (Krystle) as a kid because of the spelling. People always spell it wrong, still, and that bugged me. People assume it's a typo and it ends up being spelled wrong on documents, paycheck, etc etc etc.  :hmm: I have been called "Kristy" and had it pronounced "Krystle-y" by a few strange people. :what: I wanted to be named Anastasia, which is what my mother was originally going to name me but decided against it because my dad said it would be too hard to spell. How ironic. WHY mom, whyyyy?  :stressed:

But, I always had friends growing up who used nicknames so I got over the name hating and now I am pretty indifferent to it. I always liked rocks/minerals, so I guess it fits. And since discovering the internet, I met other people who have the same exact spelling. (Anyone else here named Krystle? Peeks around...)

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2013, 07:55:12 PM »
My name is Kristina.  I like it but it's a pain in the arse.  It sounds like so many other names and people always get it wrong or spell it with a C.  But I think it looks much nicer with a K.

divalei

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2013, 10:00:31 AM »
Actually, yes, and I have only one name (tuija-mari), but I use only the first part of it. When I was at Japan as a transfer student, my name caused some problems, hard to write and pronounce but even here, in Finland I've met people who can't write it right. Let's not talk about when my teachers didn't call me by my real name. It was close enough but I refused to answer.

However, people call me by my nickname. I would like to change my name to my nickname but it's expensive. And my parents are against it. Not that I should care about it but yeah...

Fun fact: tuija is also a tree (thuja).

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2013, 02:21:43 PM »
Well... I went by "Rad" for a decade, lol. My name is RuthAnn and I'm cool with that now. I guess the closer I get to little old lady status the more I will like it.  At 80 I will have the most perfect name on the planet!! ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2013, 08:58:48 AM »
Sometimes I do. Mine is Larisa, people spell it wrong, say it wrong LOL. OMG so my new manager called me Lakeisha recently! LMFAO! That doesnt even sound the same!! I used to go by "Larsa" but now I go by "Lala" =P I wish Lala was my real name sometimes! I seriously wish I could be Lala Sprinklecupcakepuff (and then my last name after that)! Ooooo look I found a rainbow! :rainbow:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 09:04:19 AM by Lightning Twirl »

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2013, 09:07:33 AM »
I don't recall ever wanting to change my name, but I wouldn't put it past myself to have wanted to change my name. If I did it was because I hated being called Hannah-banana. I'm sure many kids wanted to change their names. I know I liked spelling my name differently in middle/high school. I would spell it Hana because it means flower in Japanese. Now I get called Hannah Montana by random strangers at work and that bugs me. I don't get why strangers feel the need to poke fun at peoples' names. Not fun. :(

If I truly wanted to change my name, I would change it to Alice. :heart:
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2013, 09:51:41 AM »
i never had a big problem with my name just that it was soooo common. (Jennifer) there was 6 in one of my classes. when i was a kid i wanted to be call bridget or caterina. i think if i was to change it now it would be.... maybe middle name Serenity or Ivy....first name i dont know its hard.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 11:25:18 AM by CrazyCatPony »

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2013, 12:57:21 PM »
I've never liked my name much. It's common but not overused. I don't like that it's "hard" and doesn't sound feminine.
I like obscure hippie names a lot, but would be fine with a super common one as long it sounds pretty..
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2013, 02:13:24 AM »
My name is Kitty. :/ Which before anyone goes "awww or how cute" Let me stop you there. Growing up it was rough, every time I started school and introduced myself some smartbutt kid would meow, or hiss, or sing the meow mix song..... Then you get the "Hello Kitty... OH MY GOSH HELLO KITTY Does anyone ever tell you that?!" It is not cute, you are not clever *sigh* Even worse, I hate cats!

Ha ha all that aside I've grown alright with it, It is useful to identify myself, no one ever forgets my name or gets me confused with any OTHER Kittys.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2013, 02:38:36 AM »
I would have loved being Kitty, but that's because I was OBSESSED with cats. Loved them so so so much. I pretended to be a cat all the time. I was a cat for Halloween year after year.  I listened to and sang music from Cats All the time.  I collected cat stickers and cat figures and my favorite stuffed animal was a gray cat.  We had a pet cat even though I was dangerously allergic to them (asthma attacks). I just loved cats so much! 

I made it a point to pet and love every cat I saw, but you can't hug every cat.  I just love their little noses and their ears and I want to put them in a basket and I like to run.

Sorry, I'm thinking about cats again.  You can't hug every cat. 

Sandra

« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2013, 02:42:50 AM »
I think Kitty is a cute name, although I can imagine all the ridicule you'd get from it. I'm more of a dog person, though, but "Puppy" doesn't count as cute. xD

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2013, 03:42:32 AM »
I think Kitty is a cute name, although I can imagine all the ridicule you'd get from it. I'm more of a dog person, though, but "Puppy" doesn't count as cute. xD

ha ha ha my hubby always joked around and said you know somewhere in an opposite dimension there is a boy with pink hair and purple bangs named puppy....

*sigh* I still love him though.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2013, 06:07:39 PM »
YES! I hate my first name! I don't even tell it to people lol. I go by my middle name which I like pretty much. I think if I chose a new name I'd like to have the name Alison. I like that name :)
My Wish List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal